The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

just finished listening to the Serial season 1 podcast on pandora. really cool series! i'm towards the end of the first season; just two more segments to listen to.
What is that about? I see it advertised on Pandora, but I have not even attempted to listen to it..

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Malamutes are similar in size to huskies, aren't they?
Chloe Lynn made it through the night. I have not yet gone to see her bc I cannot handle seeing her in pain. Now, Nala Ava Marie is sick! She threw up earlier and now acts like she's a little hungry but I'm afraid to feed her bc I don't want her to vomit again! Ugh. [emoji]128575[/emoji]

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chloe Lynn made it through the night. I have not yet gone to see her bc I cannot handle seeing her in pain. Now, Nala Ava Marie is sick! She threw up earlier and now acts like she's a little hungry but I'm afraid to feed her bc I don't want her to vomit again! Ugh. [emoji]128575[/emoji]
i'm so glad your Chloe Lynn made it through the night! 

my little snick used to vomit sometimes. it's good to give them ideally a few hours before trying some food, but that also depends how how bad the vomiting was. you might try just a small amount of food for your Nala Ava Marie, and see how she does with that. if that stays down, no vomiting, then try smaller meals more often for a day or so -- the total food per day being about the same as would be normal, but just split up into more meals that are smaller. then work up to full-sized meals again. i hope your little girl feels better soon!

just finished the daily chores.

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Malamutes are similar in size to Huskies; they are a little bigger than Huskies. I am glad to hear Chloe made it through the night! And poor Nala, was it just because she ate too much, too fast? Oliver eats fast, and that one time he threw up, it just happened - no noise making, just puke flying out of his mouth. He had no idea what happened! He looked at it as if to say, "What the heck?"

Putting together a Sara "diary" finally to keep track of how much she's eating and what-not. She's had about 100 calories today already! Trying to get up the oomph to go to the store.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What is that about? I see it advertised on Pandora, but I have not even attempted to listen to it..
Serial is a weekly podcast, but you can listen to back episodes of it -- like i did, starting from the beginning. it's narrated by Sarah Koenig, a reporter. season 1 is about Adnon Syed, who was charged with and convicted for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Hae Min Lee. during the episodes, Sarah Koenig investigates the case really very thoroughly. she reenacts, picks apart, consults various experts, and talks with many people related to the case. it's definitely not a straight forward, simple case. i'm up to the final part of season 1, Adnon Syed's hearing, days 1 thru 3. i don't want to give too much info, don't want to spoil it for anyone interested in listening to it.

to me, it's a real life murder case that's been looked into again. i've found the series very interesting! i like that i can listen to as much or as little as i want to each time. season 1 has 12 episodes that are broken down into something like 6-12 short segments of about 4-5 minutes, followed by Adnon Syed's hearing: parts 1 thru 3 that are also broken down into segments -- though less segments.

getting ready to make the cats a snack.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending you hugs, 
, prayers for your babies.....

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

Serial is a weekly podcast, but you can listen to back episodes of it -- like i did, starting from the beginning. it's narrated by Sarah Koenig, a reporter. season 1 is about Adnon Syed, who was charged with and convicted for the murder of his ex-girlfriend Hae Min Lee. during the episodes, Sarah Koenig investigates the case really very thoroughly. she reenacts, picks apart, consults various experts, and talks with many people related to the case. it's definitely not a straight forward, simple case. i'm up to the final part of season 1, Adnon Syed's hearing, days 1 thru 3. i don't want to give too much info, don't want to spoil it for anyone interested in listening to it.

to me, it's a real life murder case that's been looked into again. i've found the series very interesting! i like that i can listen to as much or as little as i want to each time. season 1 has 12 episodes that are broken down into something like 6-12 short segments of about 4-5 minutes, followed by Adnon Syed's hearing: parts 1 thru 3 that are also broken down into segments -- though less segments.

getting ready to make the cats a snack.
Thanks for the information on it.. the synopsis sounds really good. It sounds as if I would be best for me, to listen with earphones while I am doing something monotonous...or if I ever go to the gym I signed up for a couple of months ago...

I have a penchant to like murder mysteries....OMGosh, what does that say about me!!!!?????  

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I just came back from a baby shower. My cousin's daughter. I really did not feel like attending, but I did.. I had to drive 105 miles round trip~~~~~~  do NOT get me started....

I did it because of 'family'...whatever...

I sound so cold, but when this girl was small, I treated her as if she was my niece. I spent so much money on her and took her so many places...I do not hear from her. When my dad was alive--on a limited income and always slipped her 20 or 10 bucks each time he say her~~ nothing.. never called or cared..

I gave her, as a cute gift, a baby New England Patriots bib..It was hand made with little puppies on the reverse side.. she opened it, and never ever thanked me for it...

Oh well, it is family, it is her life.....whatever...

This Baby Shower was a Brunch. I had to leave my house before 9:30Am and arrived home at 3:40 PM.....

I am sitting here, reviewing what I missed....

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I totally understand about doing things and buying things for ungrateful people! Ugh! That is why my kitten, Nala Ava Marie is the love of my life! My poor, sick baby. She's just laying around, not playing, just listless.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I totally understand about doing things and buying things for ungrateful people! Ugh! That is why my kitten, Nala Ava Marie is the love of my life! My poor, sick baby. She's just laying around, not playing, just listless.
Oh, that gift  was at Christmas Eve... it was just a cute thing to give to the upcoming new member of the family.. I got it at a craft fair.. it was not expensive, but it was the thought...at least that is what I thought...

but, I guess I am from Mars......a different way of thinking...

Whatever...

My dad, had he been currently alive, would be furious at the entire situation...

but- I guess that saying is true:  " You can choose your friends, but not your family"....

thanks for understanding my 'horribleness"....I still feel like a bad person  for feeling this way..

thank you again...

Artie~~~is my buddy; my love.....  Marie is a great friend of mine---my real family----and another cousin and his wife,  whom I re-connected or just connected with, after my dad died are what I consider family---we are in constant connection.....oh, and my cousin's cousin...we see eye to eye on a lot of things....we have become friends...

OMG..I am giving out TMI on me...sorry...

Last edited:

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128522[/emoji] you are not horrible at all!
Not TMI either. That is good that you're in contact with friends and those you consider family.
I isolate myself from almost everyone due to anxiety and depression. I'll text my family and message my friends on Facebook but I seldom have real life interactions. I used to have to entertain my fiance's family whom almost all hate me. I resented it. I put MY kids on the back burner, I did not cherish them like I should have. Now my children suffer bc of choices I made to cater to a controlling man and his ungrateful, toxic, entitled family. Ok, I just went on a rant. Sorry.
My poor kitten Nala Ava Marie is still just laying around. [emoji]128575[/emoji]

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope Nala is feeling better soon! I hope she's eating and pooping and peeing at least? And drinking water?

I am not going to my show tonight. Sara's not feeling well. Peeing bloody all over the place. Chasing after her with towels and Nature's Miracle. I know why she's doing it and I know it won't last more than a day or two. But it upsets me.

:sigh:

So here I am, hoping she's not gonna pee on my bed. Oh please, don't let her pee on my bed. Or the chairs.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think my baby Nala Ava Marie is on the mend! [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji]
She's going potty normally, I've actually fed her 2 small meals that she's kept down from what I've seen so far. She is snuggling with me now but she had a few playful, energetic moments a little earlier. It's almost 5:30 am here! I've been so worried about my precious baby.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad she's doing so well, adoringangel72.

Sitting here at the computer, drinking my coffee, and just relaxing a bit before I start in on laundry. Rick put through my walking shoes in the washer as they are filthy from being outside all day yesterday in the snow and mud.

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I've not done an official "damage toll" of the things Sara peed on last night, but she did managed to pee on all my pillows when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom at almost 6am. Including my bean bag pillow that can't be washed :( Sad.

Pretty much been awake since. Figured she'd leave my room if I got up, so decided to just get up at 6:30. Sure enough, 15 minutes later, she was out. I blocked off my bedroom. The one side is a mess and I'm sure she made it that much messier last night. I feel horrible for her and wish I could make it hurt less. It will in another day or two, but for now I know it's miserable for her.

Anyway, drinking coffee right now. On my second cup. Trying to think how I'll pick her up to give her subqs, etc, seeing as picking her up isn't the best thing in the world right now. Hard to NOT touch the bladder area, and I know that part hurts right now. Thinking about all the places I need to go today (pet store, grocery store, etc).

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting in my TV chair. It's afternoon already. I was too tired last night to finish reading everything.
So many unwell kitties. I wish all of them speedy recoveries. @Donutte, do you not put something on your bed in case she does bleed on it?
I watched an old film. We used to get MGM but that's gone and now we get AMC!
This amongst the other film stations we have. Nothing like you of course.
Going to read the newspaper soon.
Have a good day all of you.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting in my TV chair. It's afternoon already. I was too tired last night to finish reading everything.
So many unwell kitties. I wish all of them speedy recoveries. @Donutte, do you not put something on your bed in case she does bleed on it?
I watched an old film. We used to get MGM but that's gone and now we get AMC!
This amongst the other film stations we have. Nothing like you of course.
Going to read the newspaper soon.
Have a good day all of you.
No, as a rule she doesn't go in my room, much less on my bed. Except when she gets like this. But this was on my pillows, and I'd just gotten up for a few minutes, but that's all it took for her to go on them.

I did have the fore-thought to put the waterproof pads on the chairs in the living room last night though. Yes, we actually have waterproof pads for the chairs, for back when Maple was "leaky" and we'd gotten brand new chairs.

And of course Oscar keeps pouncing on Sara, because she keeps skitting from place to place, and he thinks she's playing their game that they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.