The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, as a rule she doesn't go in my room, much less on my bed. Except when she gets like this. But this was on my pillows, and I'd just gotten up for a few minutes, but that's all it took for her to go on them.

I did have the fore-thought to put the waterproof pads on the chairs in the living room last night though. Yes, we actually have waterproof pads for the chairs, for back when Maple was "leaky" and we'd gotten brand new chairs.

And of course Oscar keeps pouncing on Sara, because she keeps skitting from place to place, and he thinks she's playing their game that they play.
Poor baby. Is it connected with the cancer? Hugs.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear Sara and Nala aren't feeling well. It really sucks when your cat doesn't feel well, but when that affects things like your bed, it can make it that much harder. You want to get mad, but you can't.

Robin's picking up on the pity party. I ran out of his favorite dry kibble, and I think he thinks it's the end of the world. He's had a restless night. I'm worried about his eye. Lots of dampness and the fur under his eye is stained red. It had dried a little a few days ago. Right now he's sleeping at the foot of my bed. So I'm wondering about all the meds he's on, wondering, wondering...

I'm getting ready to hop out of bed. I'm going out of town and my sisters picking me up, but without telling me she brought a friend, and I don't know why; it's a 6 hour trip that she's made often, and yesterday she was saying she was going to enjoy some "sister time", but all of a sudden she's brought this friend of hers, who she often says she doesn't like that much. It's all very odd, I feel somethings going on (is she sick and not telling me?), and I am regretting not insisting on taking Greyhound. I don't do strangers well. But more than that, I really just wanted that "sister time". I won't see her again this trip after this as I return home in 24 hours, and she already kind of pawned me off on another sibling the next evening. I'm feeling like typhoid Mary, like nobody really wants me around. Hoping some coffee will cheer me up.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry. I think I annoyed you. What is CKD?
Ha, no, you didn't. I'm just a crabapple because I've been up since 6am on a Sunday. And sorry if that came across as me being annoyed, didn't mean for it to. I think I'm just annoyed at the world today.

CKD = chronic kidney disease.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I was awakened early (4:30 a.m.!)
 by the sound of something banging around.  Turns out the cats had trapped a mouse under some wicker furniture in the bathroom and were trying to get to it.  I managed to get it into a box, went outside in the dark to release it, and it was raining.  So I started my day, early, rehoming rodents in the rain.  

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@misterwhiskers Maybe your other sibling wants to spend time with you.  the hardest part of going to Chicago (my home town) is finding time to talk to and see everyone.  I used to sneak in to see friends and the surprise a sister or two.  When my brother moved to Kansas he told me he finally understood why I did that.  I have 8 siblings, don't mention the cousins, nieces, nephews. . .

Once 3 of my sisters drove from Chicago to Cape Cod for a vacation with my brother and his family.  One sister brought a friend with - all her friends are odd, she's a little odd too.  They ruined the trip for my sister Ginny.  She now avoids the odd sister when ever possible, however my oldest sister is Ginny's best friend.  So the odd sister and the oldest live a mile apart now and do a lot of things together.  Ginny lives in Wisconsin and tells the oldest she can visit but not to bring 'her' sister with.  Well, they both visit together and bring their 4 dogs with.

It's family. Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.  And if you're not involved in the antics, laugh your a** off!  I know I do.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Watching the movie Sophias choice . Today is a quiet day of movies.

Last night Jon took me to Applebees. We chitchat about various things. Then he says he's looking at property the next state over and says "well it will be a longer commute for you when you move in with me. ". Now you have to understand I'm different. I don't want to cohabit with anyone but then again I long to share a home with someone but its just oh I don't know.

We also have been together for 13? 14? Years. Lost count. I just felt it was odd that he said it rather than ask hey would you consider moving? At first I said I'm never moving again but then I said well you know I change my mind every hour.

I said well we never know what the future holds..so we had a good date. I've been working so much that we never have time to get together. So I also did some yardwork yesterday while he tinkered on his tractor.

The cats spent most of the afternoon rolling around in the newly growing cat mint and licking it.

Todays colder than yesterday and I don't want to overdo the work since I just got over a bad sinus infection. It will be an easy day today. Have to figure out something fast for dinner. Still have leftovers so hopefully I can skip another day of cooking.

He's fast asleep on the couch while I watch tv and hover here on my couch. We stayed up until 3am watching those three oarts of "I will spit on your gravr or something like this" so I'm kind of tired from not enough sleep. Zzzz

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Having some lunch. Finally took my morning meds - about two and a half hours late. Trying to wrap my head around the fact that I've been up for over 7 hours now, the day is just slipping away. Thinking about the various places I need to go and trying to come up with a plan of what order I want to hit them in.

Thinking Petsmart, Petco, Jamba Juice (cue yesterday's QotD), Target and then Jewel. I may skip Target, not sure, haven't decided yet.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@misterwhiskers Maybe your other sibling wants to spend time with you.  the hardest part of going to Chicago (my home town) is finding time to talk to and see everyone.  I used to sneak in to see friends and the surprise a sister or two.  When my brother moved to Kansas he told me he finally understood why I did that.  I have 8 siblings, don't mention the cousins, nieces, nephews. . .

Once 3 of my sisters drove from Chicago to Cape Cod for a vacation with my brother and his family.  One sister brought a friend with - all her friends are odd, she's a little odd too.  They ruined the trip for my sister Ginny.  She now avoids the odd sister when ever possible, however my oldest sister is Ginny's best friend.  So the odd sister and the oldest live a mile apart now and do a lot of things together.  Ginny lives in Wisconsin and tells the oldest she can visit but not to bring 'her' sister with.  Well, they both visit together and bring their 4 dogs with.

It's family. Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.  And if you're not involved in the antics, laugh your a** off!  I know I do.
Shortly after we married I informed my husband, "Roger, my parents are our parents.  Your parents are our in-laws."  We're both fond of that definition.  We lived in the basement of my parents' house during the lean years.  When my dad was dying, Roger's mom sent him a letter thanking him for showing Roger what it was like to live in a loving family.  My dad treasured it.

Margret

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, no, you didn't. I'm just a crabapple because I've been up since 6am on a Sunday. And sorry if that came across as me being annoyed, didn't mean for it to. I think I'm just annoyed at the world today.

CKD = chronic kidney disease.
No worries. All is okay.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting ready to add wood to the wood stove, then i think i'll watch some tv shows or a movie. it was way too busy here yesterday, and tomorrow i've got a busy day of cleaning and assorted chores, so the rest of today i'm planning on relaxing with the kitties!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the information on it.. the synopsis sounds really good. It sounds as if I would be best for me, to listen with earphones while I am doing something monotonous...or if I ever go to the gym I signed up for a couple of months ago...

I have a penchant to like murder mysteries....OMGosh, what does that say about me!!!!?????  
oh definitely! the series really kept my attention.

a good mystery is a wonderful thing! 
and murder mysteries......i think they're very interesting, because there can be so many twists and turns in solving the murder, and very interesting to learn the reason(s) behind the murder.

well, i got involved doing other things online. so now i'm going to watch a tv show or movie. but first, it's time for another snack for the kitties...

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had a piece of Black Forest Cake fro my youngest's 21st birthday.  He's in Bozeman MT at school.  We put candles in the cake and sent him a picture.

Hoping to catch up a little on TCS before Fluffy starts meowing at me to go to bed.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
eating breakfast and going over my list of what I need to do when I leave the house. :)

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Sara was nice enough to make it easier on me this morning by coming out so I don't have to drag her from under the table. Pilled, antibiotic, subqs, done. Food, done. She even let me pick her up without crying in pain (cystitis flareup this weekend) so hopefully that's a good sign that it's getting better! I wouldn't mind seeing less pink pee around the house, that's for sure. I've lost count of the destroyed pillows. When this happens, she really seems to like pillows to pee on.

On my second cup of coffee now. I really need it. Not nearly enough sleep the last two nights, and a long day at work today. Conference calls for the entire first half of it.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Having lunch, a nice break away from my desk. Day is going by pretty quickly at least. Another few meetings today with some small breaks. Trying to juggle a dozen projects in my head while wondering how Sara is doing, and while wishing desperately I could just fall asleep right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.