The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I can't get started this morning. Rick's phone's alarm rang this morning and, for once, we were both sleeping soundly. Neither of us wanted to get out of bed and we lay there for a couple minutes til the cats started wondering why we were still in bed instead of getting their breakfast ready. 

I'm having some serious concentration issues lately; I can't seem to stay motivated for much of anything. And I'm really pooped all the time, it seems.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I can't get started this morning. Rick's phone's alarm rang this morning and, for once, we were both sleeping soundly. Neither of us wanted to get out of bed and we lay there for a couple minutes til the cats started wondering why we were still in bed instead of getting their breakfast ready. 

I'm having some serious concentration issues lately; I can't seem to stay motivated for much of anything. And I'm really pooped all the time, it seems.
I know how you feel. I needed a crane to get me out of bed this morning. My back was like a cat superhighway this morning. Sophie and Henry were walking on me, standing on me and laying on me. Lilith sits nearby and watches- with great amusement I'm sure.  "You two go get mom up so we can have breakfast. I'll wait here." It's a king sized bed with just me in it yet they can't go from one side to the other without using me as a walkway. 
  Henry like to stand in the middle of my back then he lays down. I have Sophie on the backs of my legs. Then they start kneading. I ask them to put the claws away. They do. Then I say, "Ok. you win. Let's go to the kitchen". They head to the kitchen with me stumbling behind. 

I'm always tired except when I SHOULD be going to bed. Then I'm wide awake. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Ohhhh I know how you feel.

Perhaps you may need a few vacation days? Just to get over this 'hump'.. 

You physically do so much, and have been under a lot of stress recently; Jackie, Molly, Muffin and the selling of Ricks house~~~ in addition to the holidays~~~  and work.

I would think taking a a break from some of it may be beneficial. Just to even stay home for a bit and enjoy the days with you fur family. Not thinking or overdoing things. 

Just being.

As for myself, I am great going through a stressful time, but after it is all finished; my body somehow tells me it is time to take care of myself. If I ignore the signs, then I get sick..

((hugs))

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really tired again today. The sun is brightly shining, heat shut off, the windows open a bit. Fresh air is coming in. Just finished my breakfast, and I want to go back to bed!!!! Just to lie on the bed with Artie and smell the fresh air.. That is peace to me..

I need to get moving though. I vacuumed the laminate yesterday. Today I can see so much litter and fur!! It is shedding season, so I guess a daily quick vacuum will be in order, or a daily swiffer..

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Tired and have a headache. We're expecting storms today so I think that the weather has something to do with it. Waiting for Sara to fall asleep so I can sneak-pill her. She's getting more feisty the better she feels. And more difficult to handle. Trying to give her the antibiotic this morning was next to impossible! And now she's under my mom's bed. I can't win.

Thinking about everything I need to get done at work today. So many things due at the "end of the month" for some reason :lol3: Of course we've been wrapping up test execution all week, so the timing is horrible. So glad I'm off tomorrow.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting ready to make the cats their early evening snack, then make myself a grilled cheese sandwich and possibly heat up some soup to go with it. after that my plan is to listen to another episode or two of Serial, season 1 on pandora, followed by watching a tv show or two.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's 9:30pm and I'm wide awake. Work in the AM. Honeybee is sleeping in the window while the other two are in the living room with us. Going to sleep for about four hours. Normally I can't sleep long because my throat is sore from snoring. Sitting upright position tonight and see if it helps. Why can't I ever get a full night sleep?

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking forward to having the day off tomorrow. Taking Sara to the vet for a checkup and followup tests. Looking forward to sleeping tonight (that probably sounds pretty pathetic but yes, I'm looking forward to sleeping). Managed to get everything done that I wanted to tonight, despite a bad headache. It's mostly gone but still hanging on.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking forward to having the day off tomorrow. Taking Sara to the vet for a checkup and followup tests. Looking forward to sleeping tonight (that probably sounds pretty pathetic but yes, I'm looking forward to sleeping). Managed to get everything done that I wanted to tonight, despite a bad headache. It's mostly gone but still hanging on.
If you have any Tylenol PM, that helps.  I use it when I have a migraine.  It eases the pain enough and I sleep well through the night.  I do wake up for unusual noises.

I took Eclipse out for a 2nd walk around 6:30.  He was wandering around the yard and thinking a bee might be fun to catch.  Suddenly he jumped on the wall and was watching something intently.  I am too short to see over the wall - too short to see the top of the wall.  After about 10 minutes of looking and scrunching down he started growling and hissing.  I've never heard him growl and rarely hear him hiss.  I pulled him down worried that whatever was on the other side might come up on the wall.  Put him down and he went right back up on the wall.  Pulled him down again and took him inside.  I walked down to the end of the block to see what it was and there was a mangie looking black and white cat.  I've never seen him before.  Poor cat, looks like he has a really rough life.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying here thinking OMG what a day. Went out and went to the supermarket for some bottles of wine for my sister and idiot BIL. I don't drink. Then went and bought 3 gorgeous outfits for a baby to be sent to America. Then returned a book and bought a book. Then the drugstore and thehen to the hairdresser for four ^&&^*& hours. I changed the colour of my hair and put in new highlights. Had about 2" taken off. Took me out to eat. By the time I walked home my back felt like it when I just fell over. Oh the agony! !
Watched some tv. Fell asleep during pride and prejudice and watched a British series and a violent film with Jason Stratham. Mmmmmm.
Give the boys their nighttime snack and went to bed. Fell asleep typing on my phone.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying here thinking OMG what a day. Went out and went to the supermarket for some bottles of wine for my sister and idiot BIL. I don't drink. Then went and bought 3 gorgeous outfits for a baby to be sent to America. Then returned a book and bought a book. Then the drugstore and thehen to the hairdresser for four ^&&^*& hours. I changed the colour of my hair and put in new highlights. Had about 2" taken off. Took me out to eat. By the time I walked home my back felt like it when I just fell over. Oh the agony! !
Watched some tv. Fell asleep during pride and prejudice and watched a British series and a violent film with Jason Stratham. Mmmmmm.
Give the boys their nighttime snack and went to bed. Fell asleep typing on my phone.
Glad to hear you got out for a while.  Sounds like you crammed too much into your day. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On here and them I get up, pace and look out the windows. We've got people working here today and I always get uptight when there are people working on the house. Two new garage doors and openers being put in.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off to the post office to mail my youngest son's birthday care package.  He will be 21 on the 10th!  there are no unicorns in this box.  DD also has to put one in or something similarly embarrassing.  She did find a Chocolate Princess Bunny to include.  Last year we sent a unicorn pinata to his roommate for his birthday. 

I also need to get some more Tiki Cat food.  I found a store that carries all the flavors and it's a smaller shop.  I like to give the smaller stores my business when I can.

Then it's off to get poked and see if my blood is 'therapeutic' .  It's been off the last 3 weeks.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
finally settling in for some relaxing time on the internet, to be followed by listening to more of the Serial, Season 1 podcast and/or watching a tv show or two.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's 6.15 am and I'm in my usual position. I was so tired last night I couldn't finish going through these,I like to do them when I'm in bed, so I left the rest for the morning. It's too early to get up and no doubt I'll go back to sleep.
My family came over last night for Friday night supper. My daughter does the cooking and yesterday my DiL made a cake. Before supper, the baby very seriously dished out crisps, chips?, to everybody. She was very good. She'll be 2 next month. Isn't talking but understands everything. They keep telling her to say this say that. I told my son she'll turn round and day for goodness sake daddy, you're driving me mad!!! I wish. Three grandsons were missing. One's in andora playing rugby for the under 18's, we won and drew the last game. We've been keeping in touch by texting. One's playing a rugby Match in tel aviv this morning so stayed with his aunt and the last one went to a party. The rugby boys are brothers and the other is a cousin but his little brother is playing rugby today as well. We're a rugby family. Only I never played. My daughter did. All this is highly interesting but that was last night. Andora is supposed to be beautiful. It's a little country around Italy I think. Don't quote me on that.
Have a good day everybody.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting ready to get into bed. very late here, 1am, but i just got off the phone with the ISP -- trying to lower my monthly bill, they just increased by another $10. their increases are 'like clockwork'. 

Status
Not open for further replies.