The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I was still waking up when I gradually became aware that Paul was lying next to me.  Since this is a rare event I reached over groggily and pulled his sweet face towards mine for a kiss..  Imagine my surprise when that face turned out to be his rear end.  Turns out that wasn't his head on the pillow next to mine.  :lol3:    
Opps!!! :lol3:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was still waking up when I gradually became aware that Paul was lying next to me.  Since this is a rare event I reached over groggily and pulled his sweet face towards mine for a kiss..  Imagine my surprise when that face turned out to be his rear end.  Turns out that wasn't his head on the pillow next to mine.  

That's okay.  Butt sniffing is a time honored tradition among cats.  I'm sure he felt honored, no matter how you felt.

Margret

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here with my coffee and telling myself that I really need to get my butt into the kitchen. Our dinner time has changed from 2:00 to 12:30 (my brother has to be at work by 5:00), so in a couple of hours, I'm going to be busy, busy, busy. I have the beginning of a headache, too, so today is not going to be pretty. I'm hoping the caffeine will take the edge off the headache.
I hope your headache didn't turn onto a migraine. Are you okay now?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After not sleeping Saturday night I had a wonderful sleep last night. I woke up at 7am, sent an email and phoned my
DiL. My son is having an operation today on his knee. Second time! Lucky we don't pay for hospitalisation or ops here. I know he had to be there at 6 and it was 7.30am when I phoned. He was in 'The Queue'! She said she'd keep me informed. Then I went back to sleep. It was pouring with rain at that time yay. I'm awake now talking to all of you. Good morning everyone.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in bed. Not feeling that cheerful for some reason. Mind you I'm never feeling that cheerful especially if somebody is pissed off with me and I don't know why.
Reading the texts. Feeling a bit tired.
Really my mind's a blank tonight.
Good night everybody.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
getting ready to add more wood to the stove, then make a snack for the cats. after that, i'll make myself a sandwich. probably watch some tv show or another after that. i'm still tired from my busy day yesterday, so am taking it easy today.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bought a step in harness and leash for Nala Ava Marie! Going to try it out tomorrow.[emoji]128151[/emoji]

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Having coffee, trying to get the energy to chase down Sara (I seriously have no energy in the morning). This is why I don't even try to do subqs until after at least one cup of coffee. Having to both fight and be gentle with a cat at the same time is truly an art form, I think.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just finished giving my kids lunch. I took my son for his first hair cut this morning. He wasn't happy about it. It's almost the kids nap time and then I will have lunch.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In bed. It's 2.10am. I didn't cut my son's 'ringlets'(blond) until he was 3 years-old. They were beautiful.
Been a quiet day, as always. Whisky sat on my lap twice today. I love the weight of a cat on my lap. He's half the weight my lotto was though. I dread to know how heavy blighty is. He's impossible to pick up and weigh. He has to go to the vet. I'll get him weighted then. I'm about 6 months late with his jabs. He's sooooo difficult to catch and cage. We walk them to the vet and blighty cries the whole way there and the whole way back. Whisky's no problem whatsoever.
I'm wondering if I'm going to have one of those sleepless nights I get every so often. Never mind. It's not like I have to get up in the morning.
Still reading The King's Curse. I've hit the 400's pages if you see what I mean. Another 200 to go.
My back is tons better. I phoned to make an appointment to see the orthopedic doctor. He's got an opening in 3 weeks time. There are some people who have no sense of humour. When the person gave me the date I laughed and said goodness I could be dead by then. She didn't say anything. I think I was funny so there. If I phone my eye doctor because I have an infection in my eye and I can only get an appointment in 3 months, what does one do. Well his receptionist will squeeze you in somehow. Ridiculous. And on that note I'll say good night. You all enjoy your evenings.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Watching the GOP town hall. Going to bed soon, not feeling so great, haven't the last two days. Can't really place why, I just don't. Plus I think I need to start getting up earlier during the week (ugh) so I can get everything I need to do, done. Of course, I'm also having to go on Her Highness's schedule. And yes, after watching her climb on boxes so she could be above all the other cats, yep, she's Her Highness.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Holding onto my coffee for dear life. Oliver has the crazies this morning, and he and the other youngin's have been using the living room as a racetrack all morning long. I swear Oliver was just chasing Oscar for a minute straight, round and round the living room.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sipping my coffee and watching solar panels being installed across the street. I really need to get dressed and out of here though..

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
watching deedee and punkin hunt for any possible bugs in the firewood on the log rack. if there's a bug anywhere in the house, they find it, torture it, then many times eat it. i've tried to get bugs away from them, but it's totally impossible -- they're much too fast, and totally determined to keep the bugs they come across.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
waiting to get out of work..next week will be much busier when they let me start ordering supplies..so I got a text from the boyfriend and honeybee is sitting on the deck watching a Wood chuck-we get a mom one under the shed every spring :) After work probably going to go for a walk up some steep hills..this time I wont try to run up it..:) Supper is sandwiches? maybe we will eat when we go out walking-downtown is a mile or less away..so maybe thats what we will do...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is kind of chilly and windy out there today. 

I was out dumping my trash from today's cleaning frenzy.

The kitchen, including the cabinet under the sink is spotless!!! 

I wanted to take the stuff out from that cabinet because my superintendent is coming in to look at the dishwasher. I ran it yesterday and found a small leak..brown, disgusting water that I stepped into...yuck....

So I was on a roll! I cleaned that cabinet, did the underneath baseboards, the rest of the baseboards, Counters, glass stove top, and cabinets...

Then I dusted the combo living room/dining room area, and vacuum both the kitchen and the living/dining area...

Very tired now..

Turns out that I have a small leak under the dishwasher. The unit is the original piece from this building.. Over 16 years old. I have lived here for 10 years. So it is not worth ordering a part.  

I will be getting a new dishwasher. Not all that exciting, because they always get the cheapest ones around. Most likely a Fridgidare one. I think it will arrive Friday. I want to be home, because I want to move my furniture, scatter rugs out to the way. I also want to keep Artie out of their way.. He is the original "Curious Cat".  I also want to clean up the mess after they install it. 

so I am just having a cup of tea now...thinking about supper.. not much in the house...

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here with the window open a bit even though it is in the 40's. Lots of birds singing out there this morning.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt want to go in to work-heard it is supposed to be 70. Sitting at work getting the guys their stuff for the days shift. I think many of them are going to use PTO. I won't. Got to make a list of stuff to order but we cant spend any money until tomorrow due to fiscal year baloney. So trying to stay ahead of the flood of ordering as I have a list of over 50 things that will need to be ordered. Fun Fun! The cats were pouting this morning as we both had to leave the house..they prefer company..so hopefully a low key day.

Status
Not open for further replies.