The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lamenting my phone. I threw it at the wall the other day

. It broke into three pieces and then fell in the cats' water dish :argh: . I wound up putting the SIM card in my old phone, but that phone is worthless when it comes to internet :sigh: . So, I probably won't be on much for the next couple weeks. I need to buy a new phone first.
I find it very hard not to throw my phone at the wall I get so frustrated.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear that. Keep warm, keep drinking and hurry up and get better.
Soup'a good. Especially chicken soup.
thank you! i think i've gotten through the worst of it. last night was just horrid -- in bed by 5:30pm, then up to vomit (didn't make it to the bathroom), lots of moaning and groaning, raging fever, and ended up sleeping for 12+ hours (other than getting up twice to give the cats something to eat). today i'm keeping light meals down and have been up all day, but still have a slight fever and congestion. my cold seems to be on it's way out.

and, yes, i had chicken noodle soup both yesterday and today.

just going to get into bed now.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took Eclipse out for his walk.  It is a beautiful evening.  Slight breeze spreading the scents of blooming roses and freesia.  Kids out running around.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you! i think i've gotten through the worst of it. last night was just horrid -- in bed by 5:30pm, then up to vomit (didn't make it to the bathroom), lots of moaning and groaning, raging fever, and ended up sleeping for 12+ hours (other than getting up twice to give the cats something to eat). today i'm keeping light meals down and have been up all day, but still have a slight fever and congestion. my cold seems to be on it's way out.

That's no cold my love. That's the flu. Do you not get flu shots in America? I didn't have mine. I hate injections.
You really have it badly and no doctor around? You may have needed antibiotics. Next time, God forbid, keep a bowl by your bed. I really hope you're on the mend now. I worry about you all alone.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Got into work and am drinking my coffee and munching on my Granny apple for breakfast. Telling myself that I need to get started actually working, yet here I sit.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

That's no cold my love. That's the flu. Do you not get flu shots in America? I didn't have mine. I hate injections.
You really have it badly and no doctor around? You may have needed antibiotics. Next time, God forbid, keep a bowl by your bed. I really hope you're on the mend now. I worry about you all alone.
There are a lot of bugs going around right now..... one is the norvovirus---similar to the flu...

the other is the real flu

there is a lot of pneumonia also...

and mumps are making the rounds...as well as measles..

It is that time of year when you should just hibernate in the house and not go out or be around anyone...

The flu shot does not protect you 100% from getting the flu, only that if you get it, it would not be as severe. There are several different flu strains around. They take a guess and provide the vaccine for the one they think is going to be most prominent..

I get the shot every year, because of asthma..

mickNsnicks2mom:

rest, drink plenty of anything you can keep down, ice chips are good, so are soda crackers, light things. Do you have any gatorade or such. That is the best for what you had. It rehydrates you really well..reminds me to pick up a bottle of it..just in case. 

The kitties will be your nurses..they will take good care of you and make sure you are toasty warm...

take some tylenol if you have any.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been on the phone this morning with both my eye insurance and medical insurance to see why my claims are getting denied. I think I finally have it worked out. :cross:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, well this would be the first time i've had the flu. yes, there are flu shots available here, but i never get them.

if i need to, i'll get to a doctor. according to what i read about the flu online, my body is working on fighting off the flu now -- http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/cold-flu/flu-symptom-checker.htm     my body has an overactive immune response, so i'm sure that's why most of the worst symptoms hit me more or less all at once -- when it recognized that there was something wrong/foreign/bacteria/virus, it launched an all out full-scale war.

that's a good idea, keeping a bowl by my bed! and i'm only doing what i absolutely must do, as i feel able to do it. it's better that i'm not out with other people, spreading the flu -- i read that it can have a 5-7 days contagious period starting from the onset of symptoms.

thinking about either going back to bed, or watching some tv shows.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There are a lot of bugs going around right now..... one is the norvovirus---similar to the flu...

the other is the real flu

there is a lot of pneumonia also...

and mumps are making the rounds...as well as measles..

It is that time of year when you should just hibernate in the house and not go out or be around anyone...

The flu shot does not protect you 100% from getting the flu, only that if you get it, it would not be as severe. There are several different flu strains around. They take a guess and provide the vaccine for the one they think is going to be most prominent..

I get the shot every year, because of asthma..

mickNsnicks2mom:

rest, drink plenty of anything you can keep down, ice chips are good, so are soda crackers, light things. Do you have any gatorade or such. That is the best for what you had. It rehydrates you really well..reminds me to pick up a bottle of it..just in case. 

The kitties will be your nurses..they will take good care of you and make sure you are toasty warm...

take some tylenol if you have any.
after catching this, i'm definitely feeling motivated to hibernate until summer arrives!

the nausea/vomiting seems to have passed, thank goodness. yes! i have plenty of sports drinks! i just started stocking up on them for the warm weather months.

ahhh...the cats are being very good 'kitty nurses'! our jaspurr snuggled in with me twice last night, deedee snuggled in with me once, and little punkin curled up next to my legs. jaspurr keeps an eye on the girls, but lets them run and play off their excess kitten energy.

i have ibuprofen too!

off to take some ibuprofen with some sports drink!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to have a strong immune system. I have a low one.
You should be starting to feel better soon if not already.
Keep well
Hugs

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting for 3:20 to get here, when I'll be leaving for the vet with Sara, poor girl was throwing up yesterday and not eating today. Have a massive pinched-nerve-inducted headache forming, took some Tylenol but it's not doing much to help.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Waiting for 3:20 to get here, when I'll be leaving for the vet with Sara, poor girl was throwing up yesterday and not eating today. Have a massive pinched-nerve-inducted headache forming, took some Tylenol but it's not doing much to help.
 There is never a good time for a headache, but some times are much worse than others. Like when you have to take a sick cat to the vet.   i hope both you and Sarah feel better soon.  

I'm just off the phone from contesting a $156 charge on my debit card.  It turns out that when you sign up for a one year membership with Care.com (to find a cat sitter, in my case) you agree for them to automatically charge your account every year for a renewal, whether you want it or not.   Fortunately I discovered the charge just two days after it hit my bank so they're refunding it.  This is totally my own fault for not reading the small print so I have no one but myself to blame, which makes it even more irritating!  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Disgusted with myself. ..got abit of that nasty cold that is going around. Had to make arrangements for someone to work my shift tomorrow. Its that horrible cough that's deep and painful. As long as I stay upright and don't move it doesn't act up. Feel super tired. Watching Netflix greys anatomy season ten. One of my cats has decided to join me on our bed couch. Honeybee is begging for treats from daddy. Floey just wants food.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usual position.
All the family came this evening. 6 adults and 7 kids one of whom kept crying. He's 7 already.
I must be the unluckyest person or the biggest hypochondriac but that awful cough is back.
I feel like saying goodnight forever.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Just trying to relax tonight. Just had dinner, then gonna try to get Sara to eat (she got mirt about two hours ago) and give her her meds. And it's toofie brushing night for the youngin's. Scooped the litter box already so that's done.

Looking forward to not doing a dang thing after I'm done with that stuff.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I just put the bed sheets in the washer. Rick is working overtime this morning and I got up with him at 3:30 to give the cats their breakfast. And Mollipop puked on the bed. (I was planning on going back to bed after he left for work; not going to happen.) So here I am, with my first of several cups of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.