The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The absolute usual. I'm a terrible bore.
Hush!  You're not a bore at all! 

I'm resting after our second big playtime with the new Da Bird that recently arrived.  Chula and Paul are now very happy and I'm feeling like a good cat Mom for a change.   Getting my big tank of a boy, Paul, jumping around like a kitten is not always easy to do!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about you, but I tend to get nauseated whenever I'm really really hungry, or when I have low blood sugar.  Not useful -- it makes it much harder to take care of the problem.
I was spending a good part of the night throwing up. I think some combination of what I ate/drank didn't agree with me last night. Not at all. It's been a bit better today. I was so afraid it was food poisoning but going by the fact I was able to function today, I'd say that wasn't the case.

Just got done feeding the cats, and giving some on the side for Maple mixed with pumpkin. Scooped the litter and now just watching TV and Facebooking. Election fever here in IL so my newsfeed is a bit alive tonight. Will go to bed after I'm done watching "Scorpion" and probably watch CNN in there. They've had some cool shows lately.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hush!  You're not a bore at all! :catguy:

I'm resting after our second big playtime with the new Da Bird that recently arrived.  Chula and Paul are now very happy and I'm feeling like a good cat Mom for a change.   Getting my big tank of a boy, Paul, jumping around like a kitten is not always easy to do!
How big is your Paul?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
How big is your Paul?
He was 18 pounds last time I weighed him and I'm afraid to weigh him again because I'm sure he's gained more weight.  He's a big boy anyway - his ideal weight is about 16 and a half pounds.   I love a big cat but he's getting fat, no question.  This boy loves to eat.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was 18 pounds last time I weighed him and I'm afraid to weigh him again because I'm sure he's gained more weight.  He's a big boy anyway - his ideal weight is about 16 and a half pounds.   I love a big cat but he's getting fat, no question.  This boy loves to eat.  :lol3:
Blighty is enormous as well and he's got long legs so he towers above whisky.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Right now I am watching the rain fall. I need to make a list of places I need to go today. :nod:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Having my second cup of coffee. Let the rugrats out of my room, threw all of them in there with Maple earlier so Sara could have some peace for a half hour while she at at her leisure (she's become quite vocal about not wanting to be locked in the bathroom anymore). And thinking about how my boys are 10 months old today. My god, how did the time go by so fast. And to think just how much has happened in the 8 months (yesterday!) since they came into our family just boggles my mind.

Thinking about how I need to get on the ball a little faster too in the mornings. Been just dragging lately. Been almost maxing out the snooze button the last couple days.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to the fact I am on vacation this week and that my torn meniscus is flaring up, I am not moving to fast this week. Just got my 2nd cup of coffee - usually I am cleaning by now if not at work.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I slept late this morning. Right now I am drinking coffee and just catching up on things here. :lol3:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in position. This is sleep time.
I watched a ton of films today and read the newspaper.
I hardly saw the cats today. They were sleeping on the ex's room and then on him.
My friend Bobby from Virginia phoned and we had a good chat.
We read the papers the doctor gave me and I have to test for another 6 weeks
And do nothing strenuous etc. Goodness me. All because I'm clumsy.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I hardly saw the cats today. They were sleeping on the ex's room and then on him.
You're not clumsy.  The ground just got in your way! 

I've been asleep most of the day thanks to a night of insomnia.   Now that it's actually close to bed time, I'm ready to start my day.  

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sitting on my couch with my mini schnauzer, Tink-Tink, watching bizarre foods. I am also obsessing over this site considering I'm a soon to be cat mama (also obsessing over my kitty baby)!!! See I'm so obsessed I'm going to share a picture my breeder sent me today. (;

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
sending you sleepy nite time, healing   
your way

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

You're not clumsy.  The ground just got in your way! 

I've been asleep most of the day thanks to a night of insomnia.   Now that it's actually close to bed time, I'm ready to start my day.  
I run through periods of insomnia also. When I go to bed I put a local talk show on the radio, with the volume low. I have it on the sleep timer so it shuts off after an hour. Sometimes I feel the voices, as long as they are not yelling, kind of lulls me to sleep; other times, I get so interested in the subject that I wake up....it is a habit though, from many years ago. 

Last night I kept dozing and listening to radio for a few hours, before I put it off manually. I woke up feeling that I never really got a good sleep. It did not help that Artie woke me at 5am with a Meow to the ear! and another a few minutes later..then he walked all over me!  When I finally turned over, I got a face full of fur because he was curled up on my pillow!!!

Right now, there is nothing for me on TV. I feel wide awake and bored...Artie was cuddled on my lap for a couple of hours, now he is curled up on the other chair. 

trying to get sleepy, but who knows......

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Finally got everything done with the kitties. Gave them all two treats tonight since it's the boys' 10-month birthday! Just had some cheese and crackers and now winding down watching TV. Between the election today and the encroaching storm, I keep hearing the tell-tale pings on the TV telling us there is an update of some sort about something.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
So I get ready to go to bed, was in the bathroom and one of the light bulbs was flickering. At one point I heard a weird hissing noise and saw a small bit of smoke coming from the bulb where it was screwed in. Have I ever said one of my biggest fears is my house being on fire? Anyway, smelled something burning, unscrewed the bulb. Still smelled something off and realized it was the bulb. Promptly put it in the sink. Also unplugged my Feliways as I am now freaked the heck out. And keep smelling something but think it is my imagination.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not clumsy.  The ground just got in your way! :D

I've been asleep most of the day thanks to a night of insomnia.   Now that it's actually close to bed time, I'm ready to start my day.  :wife:
You mean like when the wall jumps out and hits me? ,

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I g

et ready to go to bed, was in the bathroom and one of the light bulbs was flickering. At one point I heard a weird hissing noise and saw a small bit of smoke coming from the bulb where it was screwed in. Have I ever said one of my biggest fears is my house being on fire? Anyway, smelled something burning, unscrewed the bulb. Still smelled something off and realized it was the bulb. Promptly put it in the sink. Also unplugged my Feliways as I am now freaked the heck out. And keep smelling something but think it is my imagination.
That's scarey. I'm glad you're all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.