The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching my sweet girl Sara sleep so peacefully. Gonna get something to eat very soon. Need to go to the store for some SEB later today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Watching the snow fall and catching up on here.
Watching the snow fall and catching up on here.

Got a few minutes to look at this site. At work. Trying to catch up on stuff that didnt get done last week. Everyone is talking about the stupid snow storm we got and how many people slid off the road. Hoping the rest of the day goes by uneventful. vet appointment this afternoon for Pumpkin face to check her eye ulcer and another session of laser treatment.
As far as the snow, in my area: it is just a nuisance! It made the trees look pretty, but that was about it. It is melting now.

I am sitting here, having a cup of tea, listening to classical music, washing some bed linens. Came back from noontime Lenten Mass, and just relaxing. The storm created a lot of havoc, but was all talk; except for my aching joints..

I swear I am getting more arthritic with each day. 

My right knee, know to be my bad knee, went out on me a few times this morning. It is sore. Now the left knee is starting to make it's presence know....nevermind the shoulder...that part is a given....

I feel like sitting here in the recliner, covered with a small fleece throw and just do nothing for the rest of the day. 

I do have to get out sometime this week, sale week, or next week for a baby shower gift. It is my cousin's daughter..not wanting to go to the shower. I have to drive an hour and a half just one way! Thinking about canceling my RSVP---but that would put in in bad light with my family....sigh

I am low on money, so I am just getting an outfit..and maybe a toy...that is all I am doing...nothing more.

I sound so bad, but honestly, I spent so much time and money on this kid when she was growing up; now I do not even get a thank you for anything ~~ never mind a hello and conversation at family functions...She just talks to the people she wants to talk to. As a 'little something for Christmas" I got her a handmade baby bib. It had New England Patriots logo on one side and cute little dogs, puppies on the other, with a velcro snap....not even a thank you from her!! Her boyfriend did say thanks...

sorry, I just had to vent..getting tired and cranky.....I will go now....

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hoping that I get some sleep. Fell asleep at 9 and woke up at 11. Watched the news and now wide awake. Work in the morning. Honeybee climbed up on me but I squirmed too much so she took off. The other two cats are sleeping on their cushions. Elderly floey has been looking at me with that look. So I gave her some canned pumpkin. Constipation is never ending battle. She's resting on her cushion. A ratty ol one I got for free. She absolutely loves it and I bought fancy ones. Nope. She wants her old garden chair cushion with tears and stains. I could cover it with a pretty pillow case I suppose. Watching criminal minds...waiting for zzzzzz

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm awake and grumpy at 3:10 am, awakened from a deep sleep by Chula loudly banging one of her toys against the closet door.  My own fault - I should have put it away.  This is the first night I've fallen asleep before 2:00 am in longer than I can remember.  

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm awake and grumpy at 3:10 am, awakened from a deep sleep by Chula loudly banging one of her toys against the closet door.  My own fault - I should have put it away.  This is the first night I've fallen asleep before 2:00 am in longer than I can remember.  :wife:
I hope you can get back to sleep! Robin is also being naughty. I don't know what he just knocked off the bookcase, but it was loud...[emoji]128530[/emoji]

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I hope you can get back to sleep! Robin is also being naughty. I don't know what he just knocked off the bookcase, but it was loud...[emoji]128530[/emoji]
Nope.  No such luck.  I finally gave up and fired TCS back up and have been hanging out here for almost 2 hours.  Chula and Paul tried to convince me it was breakfast time for awhile but they finally gave up.  Chula even banged at the closet door because I'd put her toy in there.  The big goofs were ready to party tonight for some reason. 

Chula and Paul >>>>>   

Me>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear ya. Robin got into my empty suitcase. I had looked everywhere....lo and behold, I saw the tip of his tail.

He was so proud of himself. [emoji]128580[/emoji]

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
awake barely at work...got more stuff that I need to do after work and all I want is my couch and my Honeybee and ZZZZZzzzzzz...dragging today. i may drink a cup of coffee..I never drink that stuff but I am tired and sore. Hate not being able to sleep. If I am home I can sleep until 8 or 9 if no one makes noise...maybe tonight i will fall asleep early..unlikely...

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to deal with a migraine. Debating whether I should wake up Sara to give her some food or let her sleep. I don't really want to disturb her, I think sleeping is good for her, and she'll be awake again at some point. Already gave her 6 ml of a/d this morning. It's not a lot but at least she has something in her belly.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trying to deal with a migraine. Debating whether I should wake up Sara to give her some food or let her sleep. I don't really want to disturb her, I think sleeping is good for her, and she'll be awake again at some point. Already gave her 6 ml of a/d this morning. It's not a lot but at least she has something in her belly.
Those are the worst. I'm sorry that you  have to deal with one. I used to get them when I was a kid. I remember laying on the couch feeling nauseous and thinking that I had to be allergic to light because it made them worse. 

Have you ever tried Goody's or BC powders?? They are a staple in the south and they work. Since they are already in powder form, they absorb faster and work faster than a tablet or capsule. 

http://www.bcpowder.com/

http://www.goodyspowder.com/pain-relievers/

I know people who use them for migraines successfully. I hope you feel better soon. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Those are the worst. I'm sorry that you  have to deal with one. I used to get them when I was a kid. I remember laying on the couch feeling nauseous and thinking that I had to be allergic to light because it made them worse. :(

Have you ever tried Goody's or BC powders?? They are a staple in the south and they work. Since they are already in powder form, they absorb faster and work faster than a tablet or capsule. 

http://www.bcpowder.com/

http://www.goodyspowder.com/pain-relievers/

I know people who use them for migraines successfully. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
Can't say I've heard of either one. My stomach can't handle aspirin (which is why I don't take Excedrin anymore). Just Tylenol, which is hit or miss. I wonder if the powder would be easier on the stomach?

It's eased off a bit but not much so far. I guess I'll be thankful for little favors.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Migraines are horrible.  I've had them for years so I can really empathize.  Can you take imitrex or any of the tryptans?  I credit them with enabling me to continue working - when they work, it's like a miracle.    They're pricey but generics are available now so costs are not quite as prohibitive.  I hope the migraine is completely gone, soon.

I'm at home after a doctor's appointment and switching back and forth between TCS and the news.  TCS keeps me sane in a very troubled world.  Plus cats - they keep me sane, as well.  There's nothing like having cats greet you at the door when you come home.  

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm at home after a doctor's appointment and switching back and forth between TCS and the news.  TCS keeps me sane in a very troubled world.  Plus cats - they keep me sane, as well.  There's nothing like having cats greet you at the door when you come home.  

Don't you just love it when a cat meet you at the door! And when they talk while greeting you! But in my case, when Artie greets me, he gives me an earful for leaving him alone. This happens when I go out for the evening. I leave a radio and some lights on for him. He must miss me....He spends a long time telling me off!! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying here. Reading all the problems of the day. Headaches, insomnia, people causing you problems. And so the world goes round.
A quiet day. I'm not very happy.
Seeing my sister for lunch tomorrow. That means I have to get up early.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Migraines are horrible.  I've had them for years so I can really empathize.  Can you take imitrex or any of the tryptans?  I credit them with enabling me to continue working - when they work, it's like a miracle.    They're pricey but generics are available now so costs are not quite as prohibitive.  I hope the migraine is completely gone, soon.

I'm at home after a doctor's appointment and switching back and forth between TCS and the news.  TCS keeps me sane in a very troubled world.  Plus cats - they keep me sane, as well.  There's nothing like having cats greet you at the door when you come home.  :rub:  
Ironically, eating sorbet has made the biggest dent in my headache all day long. I can deal with that. I think a lot of it is due to my pinched nerve, which gets more aggravated when I'm under stress, and well.. yeah. And I love when Oscar comes running to greet me when I come home :rub: He's my little mama's boy :D

Watching the 5pm news. Watching Sara walk by with a "don't even THINK about it!" look on her face. Listening to the dogs bark at anyone that dares to walk by my house.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who used to get horrible migraines.  Then she started drinking lots of water every day, and the migraines went away.  Apparently she was a bit dehydrated.  Now, any time she feels a headache coming on she has a good swig of water and it goes away.

My mother, OTOH, used to think that coffee was the most addictive substance around, because every time she tried to stop drinking it she'd get a horrible migraine.  Withdrawal, right?  Nope.  Sometimes the most obvious answer isn't the right one.  It turned out her migraines were being caused by an unsuspected corn allergy, and the caffeine was suppressing the migraines.  Once she removed corn from her diet, she could take coffee or leave it.

Migraines can be caused by all sorts of things.

As for what am I doing; I'm sitting at my computer, dealing with email and TCS messages, with half an ear on the weather report on T.V., and trying to decide whether I want to go to my computer club tonight or stay home and avoid the rain and snow mix that's being predicted.  It's not as if I don't have plenty of things I need to get done at home.  I think I just talked myself into skipping computer club tonight.  I'll email the guys so they don't worry about me.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.