The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I'm laughing so hard and had to share... Watching Colbert, and he said this in reference to the power going out (paraphrasing a bit): Just remember, you can always make your own electricity! Just need a fleece blanket and two cats...

Omg that is so true!!!
Hey! I'm all set then! Question: Do I plug the phone charger into the cat?
:crackup:

The really funny thing, if I could harvest all the static electricity I end up getting shocked with every winter, I wouldn't NEED the electric company!

I mean, the other day, I was in the bedroom, and the light was off. Somehow I actually saw Penelopy (my black cat) and I reached out to touch her nose, and I could see the little lightning bolt between my finger and her nose. Seriously, we need to harvest this stuff!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here at the salon, waiting for color & cut. Think I'm gonna get a couple of inches off today. It's thick, bit fine, so can get tangly easy. Thinking about taking a little more off in the spring. Still at least shoulder length though!....( a Leo must have her mane you know;). )

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Still sitting here at the computer in my jammies, having coffee.       We have friends coming for dinner tonight so I've got cleaning, shopping and cooking to do but.....maybe one more cup of coffee before I get started on the day.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here and catching up on TCS. The snow just started falling outside.

meowsonya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PJs & tea, biking to work, then a nice full day of dealing with crazy customers! Wish I had a cat with me ;)

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Just had coffee, took my meds, and willing this headache away (man, THOSE headaches are back again). Also contemplating an attempt to get out of the house today, despite the headache. We shall see how much the tylenol helps.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What am I doing? Or... what am I supposed to be doing? LOL 

Right now, I am cruising TCS while the coffee is brewing. My intentions were to get on the computer and pull up my 'cleaning list' so I can check things off as I get them accomplished. Yea right! 

I live in a disability complex, so we have quarterly inspections to assure everything is functioning properly. It takes about 20 minutes for the inspection - they check all electrical outlets for function and overloads; smoke and co2 detectors, as well as the 'emergency pull alarms' in the bedroom and bathroom); heat and a/c units and filters; garbage disposal;  stove/oven and exhaust fan (they also pull out the stove and check for food/grease running down the sides!); bathroom exhaust fan; toilet and sinks for proper drainage; hot water heater; refrigerator/freezer temps and cleanliness of coils etc.; window seals; as well as check for general 'housekeeping' and any damages. They also do mattress inspections for bed bugs!

So, they are coming in Tuesday, the 26th. That gives me three days to get ready, LOL. I don't have a problem with the inspection because I never have any issues. But I will take the next three days to 'gussy up' my apartment and make sure everything is in order. I clean all my filters on the first of the month - that's a must with all the 'cat feathers' they accumulate! I just got a new water heater last month due to the old one springing a leak (that was SO not fun). I need to clean out the fridge and I will pull the stove and wipe the sides down if needed. Other than that, I will get up early on Tuesday and clean/change out the litter box, dust, vacuum and wait for them to show up!

I appreciate the fact that they do such thorough inspections because there ARE a few people in the building who aren't the best 'housekeepers'. I've been here almost 2 years now and I have to say they keep the building up fairly well. Maintenance is on duty 24/7 for emergencies and the common areas and laundry facilities are cleaned regularly. Landscaping and snow removal are top-notch. They also provide quarterly 'bug spraying' - I have never seen anything other than an occasional fly in the Spring and that one big old nasty eight-legger last Fall! 

That is what is on my agenda and I am not looking forward to it, but it has to be done. In between cleaning, I might try to get a load or two of laundry done? Maybe? 

Well, the coffee is ready, so I am going to fuel up and get started... in a few, LOL.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I am hanging out on TCS while looking out my window at a raging blizzard.  From in here, it's very pretty but I pity the poor beings who are out in it! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today has been a really lazy day for me.. I could not sleep at all last night. I was tossing and turning until about 5AM, when Artie came to cuddle. I did wake up at 6:42 am, but stayed in bed, cuddling for another 5 minutes. 

I took a shower half an hour ago! so late for me. I have been on line and listening to music..

I just looked out. It is now 2:05pm. The wind has been picking up all day. I can see some very fine snow coming down. Not much and you have to look close to see, but it is here in Boston.

I am still not doing much at all today. I could have gone out, but I did not feel like it. 

I have 2 things to do tomorrow: Church and picking up some litter which they ordered for me from another store, because they were out. 

Next week, I will be getting more in the regular routine. I took a week off,  because I have had such stressful 4 years. I wanted to recoup.. and take some time to do nothing, with nothing on my mind, except for Artie's teeth.....

I know I will be falling asleep while I am watching TV tonight...I should just go to bed then. The TV in my bedroom is not working with cable. I will have to call them in to look at it. Hate to call Comcast..

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In Iowa, we are used to horrendous winter weather. Just shocked that we aren't getting hit by this snowstorm. We can sympathize with the people getting hit with this blizzard. [emoji]10052[/emoji]️ As soon as fiancé retires, we plan on being snowbirds! Only 14-15 more years! [emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128534[/emoji]

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Just bought a ticket to the 4:25 showing of Revenant and my favorite movie theater! Yeah, it's a half hour away in good traffic, but who cares. I also like to go for joyrides sometimes. Gonna feed Sara and Maple a bit earlier as a result of me going out, so they'll be getting their food at 3 instead of 4. Maple will be quite ecstatic about that. Trying to think about what I'll eat... Probably will just eat something at the theater. Easier that way.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Just bought a ticket to the 4:25 showing of Revenant and my favorite movie theater! Yeah, it's a half hour away in good traffic, but who cares. I also like to go for joyrides sometimes. Gonna feed Sara and Maple a bit earlier as a result of me going out, so they'll be getting their food at 3 instead of 4. Maple will be quite ecstatic about that. Trying to think about what I'll eat... Probably will just eat something at the theater. Easier that way.
Let me know what you think of it.. I heard it was great!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here at the salon, waiting for color & cut. Think I'm gonna get a couple of inches off today. It's thick, bit fine, so can get tangly easy. Thinking about taking a little more off in the spring. Still at least shoulder length though!....( a Leo must have her mane you know;). )
I'm also a Leo. 18.8.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Back in my neighborhood after the movie. Stopped at Giordano's for some hot beefs, now waiting in my car for them to be done. And locking the door...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fell asleep before I could write last night but it's no big deal. I'm writing now same position. It's 6.40am. Much too early. I'll go on the net for a while, read maybe and go back to sleep. Keep safe and warm.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too, I'm the 6th. I was born 8/6/86.

I'm about to head to bed. I've put enough strain on my eye today so I'm going to bed and it's not even 10 pm on a Saturday.
Nothing wrong with going to bed.
18.8.1944!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting here with my coffee and perusing TCS. Just put my first load of laundry in the washer. We're waiting around for the plow guy to get here, so that we can start shoveling out.

Dear Richard was trying to be Mr. Macho, saying he was going to shovel the driveway. I just called the plow guy myself yesterday and didn't even listen to Rick. We are not going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.