The Weight Loss Support Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Tammat!

Winchester, 4 ounces is so small gain that it can be tolerance in measurement, it is good to maintain weight level sometimes when things get into way of walking etc.

I think that only bad thing in pizza is cheese and wheat, but good pizza can be made with very low amount of those, I eat mostly pizza as I can make single pizza to have all I need in quick and healthy form.

Pizza base weights 45 grams and is whole grain, which is bit better wheat, it is slower stuff.

I'm now at 98kg, weight started to go down again 6 days ago and has been going down.

3 months ago I started with 109kg now I'm at 98kg, that is 11kg (24.2 pounds), 3.67kg for a month and 0,92kg for a week.

Not too fast, but considering I have had almost month worth of standstill / increase of weight, I would think that I can be happy.

There was couple of days when I did not eat anything else than sugar though, I can't be happy to that.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done JTbo. I know we want it to all happen fast but it seems to stay off if it comes off slowly.
Winchester I agree with JTbo. 4 ounces is nothing. That would happen to me if I ate carbs the night before. I'm glad you got a walk in today :D

Look at us. We are making progress :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scale is funny thing, since my last post my weight has gone up, even I have had over 1000 calorie deficit, it just does not always follow any logic.

This morning it was again coming little bit down, but I hope seeing little bit more of weight loss in coming days as I hope to get little more exercise in and then it is far more easier to maintain bigger deficit and nutritional balance, without exercise total amount of allowed calories is so small than even tiniest of things gets problematic.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
JTbo, with everything you're doing, do you think that maybe you're not eating enough? Carrying a calorie deficit can lead to a slower metabolism, which can really hinder weight loss. Not trying to be a know-it-all or anything. I'm just curious.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JTbo, with everything you're doing, do you think that maybe you're not eating enough? Carrying a calorie deficit can lead to a slower metabolism, which can really hinder weight loss. Not trying to be a know-it-all or anything. I'm just curious.
I don't really know, in theory I should be eating enough, because long term deficit is only between 18-21% and that includes all activity and everything I put in my belly, but would it still be possible to end up to slower metabolism, I don't really know.

I have spreadsheet that contains 27 rows of different nutritions, like carbohydrates, different fats, proteins, vitamins etc, whatever I eat I put there so it calculates how much in total there is all that stuff, then based on my weight, fat percentage and calorie burning it calculates how much of each nutrition I need, I'm bit low on fats and protein, especially low on carbohydrates as I'm following somewhat low carbohydrate diet, not very strict but that is what seems to work quite well for me.

For example today I'm going to eat bit over 3000kcal as my calorie usage for this day will be around 4200kcal, that is around 1000kcal deficit, but it is not very huge deficit as percentage.

I know that my body can convert 1348kcal of fat to energy during every 24 hour period, so at least in theory I should not end up into starvation mode, but then again if more protein is needed to avoid that, it might be that I'm hitting slower metabolism, but I don't know which are the triggers of slower metabolism, I need to do some research of that one!

Got all time low weight reading after loosing 3kg (6.6 pounds) on 3.5 hour bike ride. Outdoor temperature was just tiny bit above freezing, but I lost a lot of water, not sure of fat, but one tight shirt is not tight anymore and one good fit pants feels like oversize bags, also at shop I seem to be getting better service and wider smiles from cashier girls, so whatever scale lies I guess I'm on right track :D

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
1.6 pounds down since last week. (I think it would have been a little more, but those apple cinnamon bars really did me in last night....seriously good bars.)

JTbo, I think that, regardless of what your scales are saying at this point, you're on the right track.That tight shirt isn't tight anymore, your pants are looser, etc. Honestly, I think you're doing well! It could be just some kind of plateau and one of these days, those scales are going to drop like a rock. I hope so. Hang in there.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My food intake this weekend was not good but still, I lost another pound.  I did pretty good overall the rest of the week.

What I learned? Eating too many sweets (something I don't usually do) makes me feel like crap the next day.  I'm almost positive it's why I had a migraine - first in at least a couple of months.  Tom had brought home a pie (really was not happy about that)  and our last CSA market box had 2 HUGE chocolate chip cookies in the box along with chocolate milk (i.e.; crack milk lol) from the dairy they use.  

Yesterday, wasn't hungry for the most part - slept the whole day so intake was very low. Had very little breakfast and didn't have a lunch until 3:30. No dinner - wasn't hungry since we had such a late lunch.

Oh wait - I had a large apple :D

Anyway another lesson learned.  Have a good and healthy week everyone!  

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are all so dedicated. I take my hat off to you all. Keep up the good work says fatty.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a good week. I had some quite hungry days so I'm eating a little bit more. Extra 50 calories a day and I'll see what happens. My waist measurement is staying the same. So far so good.
Have a good week everybody.
Keep those fingers out of the cookie jar :lol3:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I balance you a bit, I did eat 1200kcal too much today, 4 x 80 grams of toffee filled chocolate and 400 grams of liquorice, which I should not eat at all because of blood pressure will take a peak from it. Addition to those I eat 700 calorie pizza.

I just have been feeling poor and I slipped once again.

Spreadsheet says that causes 0.17kg weight gain, takes probably better part of week to burn that off :(

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I balance you a bit, I did eat 1200kcal too much today, 4 x 80 grams of toffee filled chocolate and 400 grams of liquorice, which I should not eat at all because of blood pressure will take a peak from it. Addition to those I eat 700 calorie pizza.

I just have been feeling poor and I slipped once again.

Spreadsheet says that causes 0.17kg weight gain, takes probably better part of week to burn that off :(
Yes this is exactly what I have learned the hard way. I exercise a lot but it does not mean I can eat whatever I like when I like. The human body does not like burning fat. I don't find it easy to say no to extra calories however I find it easier to say no than to burn the extra off.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You know, since I dropped down into the lower decade, I've really been watching myself more carefully. I don't want to gain and go back up there. So just dropping down can lead to changes, too, simply because I don't want to negate the loss of pounds.

I hope I think of that tomorrow when we're gobbling turkey!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes this is exactly what I have learned the hard way. I exercise a lot but it does not mean I can eat whatever I like when I like. The human body does not like burning fat. I don't find it easy to say no to extra calories however I find it easier to say no than to burn the extra off.
Yes I did mean to quote myself. I gained 1.3 kilos this week. :doh3:
It was my Birthday on Thursday and I went way overboard. I also ate badly on Sunday. I went back to my old ways on Sunday just eating anything I could think of. It was terrible. I am so much better than that now and it makes me so cross at myself that I did it. Of course today I still have the strong desire to Eat everything in sight. It would be so easy to give in but i am not. 1.3 kilos will not be easy to get off. I have set myself back a lot. It is however only a set back. Today I have picked myself up and I'm back in this.

Have great thanksgiving people but don't go overboard. It's not worth it.
I hope you all have good weigh ins.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a theory, whatever is in stomach gets used for energy first.

It can be lot more than 69kcal/kg/24 hours from bodyfat.

Then it is so that if I eat something too much, if I go to exercise and sweat off those calories, that food never ends up to fat.

There is of course limit to how much food can be converted to energy for each unit of time and body probably tries to store extra as fat later.

It is said that it takes fat 3 hours to get from food to waist.

I ate too much one day, about 3000kcal which was around 1500kcal too much for that day, I went to bicycle ride and burned over 1100kcal off, in scale I did not see increase at coming days, only for evening and slightly next morning, but after that it was gone.

So I try to time my eating before I go to bicycle ride or do something other sweating.

This month is 8.8 pounds, around 4kg decrease in weight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes I did mean to quote myself. I gained 1.3 kilos this week.

It was my Birthday on Thursday and I went way overboard. I also ate badly on Sunday. I went back to my old ways on Sunday just eating anything I could think of. It was terrible. I am so much better than that now and it makes me so cross at myself that I did it. Of course today I still have the strong desire to Eat everything in sight. It would be so easy to give in but i am not. 1.3 kilos will not be easy to get off. I have set myself back a lot. It is however only a set back. Today I have picked myself up and I'm back in this.

Have great thanksgiving people but don't go overboard. It's not worth it.
I hope you all have good weigh ins.
Tammat: 
 It's OK. 

I gained 3 pounds during the Thanksgiving weekend. My own fault. I really ate quite a bit. And I was pounding down the regular soda hard. And I didn't walk at all, other than taking Miss J out to pee, so that compounded the problem. In fairness, we were really busy in the house, removing carpet, cleaning, moving furniture, etc. But it doesn't take the place of a good walk.

Back on track starting today! And since Dear Richard is off work today and he can take Miss J out, I can walk during lunch! 

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gained back a few pounds. I'm back to my diet today and hoping to lose these before Christmas. I want to get under 170 lbs before Christmas. My plan is to eat 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, chicken for lunch, whatever I make for dinner, and an apple for a snack.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Monday morning in Australia. I've lost 400 gms since last Monday and my waist is the same measurement. I still had another couple of bad days this week so I am surprised with that result. That is very encouraging though.

Good luck everybody :clap:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scale is funny thing, since my last post my weight has gone up, even I have had over 1000 calorie deficit, it just does not always follow any logic.

This morning it was again coming little bit down, but I hope seeing little bit more of weight loss in coming days as I hope to get little more exercise in and then it is far more easier to maintain bigger deficit and nutritional balance, without exercise total amount of allowed calories is so small than even tiniest of things gets problematic.
Sounds to me like you need new scales.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gained back a few pounds. I'm back to my diet today and hoping to lose these before Christmas. I want to get under 170 lbs before Christmas. My plan is to eat 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, chicken for lunch, whatever I make for dinner, and an apple for a snack.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.