The Weight Loss Support Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to nicsd! Howdy! :wavey:

Ok, let's do a challenge. We've all been really slacking off, so think about this.

Starting Monday, October 19th, start your fat-burning engines! Let's really make a good effort here and see how much weight we can lose in one weight. So we shall weigh-in on the 19th and then go until the 26th. That's one week. ONE WEEK! ONLY ONE WEEK! Surely we can put away the sugar and the fats and the chips and the cookies and all the other junk that we've been eating. For one week.

Today is Thursday. That gives us three days to get our heads (and butts) in gear for the upcoming week. You don't have to give your weight at all. Just note it for yourself when you weigh-in on Monday. Then the following Monday, we just post what we lost.

Do I have any takers?? Anybody with me? It's ONLY ONE WEEK!
I'm in! This weekend will be bad eating because it's my son's birthday party so it will be good to get the bad eating out.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to nicsd! Howdy! 

Ok, let's do a challenge. We've all been really slacking off, so think about this.

Starting Monday, October 19th, start your fat-burning engines! Let's really make a good effort here and see how much weight we can lose in one weight. So we shall weigh-in on the 19th and then go until the 26th. That's one week. ONE WEEK! ONLY ONE WEEK! Surely we can put away the sugar and the fats and the chips and the cookies and all the other junk that we've been eating. For one week.

Today is Thursday. That gives us three days to get our heads (and butts) in gear for the upcoming week. You don't have to give your weight at all. Just note it for yourself when you weigh-in on Monday. Then the following Monday, we just post what we lost.

Do I have any takers?? Anybody with me? It's ONLY ONE WEEK!
I'm already not eating all that junk. It's pretty much completely out of my diet for nearly 2 months now.  

And my scale is busted anyway lol.

I do have my annual doctor visit next week so I'll see what I weigh then.  I honestly don't think I've lost anything even though I'm eating SO much better than I was.  It's pretty discouraging but I'm just trying to keep focused on the fact that at the very least, I'm not over eating or eating fast/processed foods now.  It's a step in the right direction.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it is Sunday evening, tomorrow morning (in about 10 hours) I need to weight and post what I see my scale lying to me, not sure when your Monday's start, for many perhaps it is bit later.

I just finished my last piece of chocolate too, so I'm all set, ahem, maybe I should of not eaten that, but I got great excuse, week without sweets, yes, I know, I'm pathetic :(

Anyway today I recorded all time low on my scale, almost 3 pounds less than previous all time low, I wonder what scale will show at the morning, bit afraid of that even I have not busted my calorie budget.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My scale did lie now 103.1kg which is 227.3lbs, so after the week it should be less, let's see how it goes, good luck to everyone, let's hope temptations stay hidden!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck JTbo! And to everybody who's going to try this! It's only for one week. That's all I ask.

I weighed in this morning. My scales are saying LO (which means the battery is low), so I'm hoping that the weight is true. But we'll see. 

We're going to grab a few groceries tonight. Rick has agreed to stay away from the cookie aisle. 

Good luck all!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to make sure there was no junk left from my son's birthday party. I gave away a ton of cake, pop, chips and pizza that was left over so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. We have some chocolate left but I put that away to hand out on Halloween. The healthier food was still left at the party, not many people wanted veggies, cheese, etc.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[ ="catlover19" url="/t/290271/the-weight-loss-support-thread-2015/420#post_3853998"]I tried to make sure there was no junk left from my son's birthday party. I gave away a ton of cake, pop, chips and pizza that was left over so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. We have some chocolate left but I put that away to hand out on Halloween. The healthier food was still left at the party, not many people wanted veggies, cheese, etc.[/quote]

I cant imagine why! Smile.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone is doing fine on their week of challenge? :)

I must confess that I did slip a bit and did ate 200 grams of chocolate (1100 calories) yesterday.

It was quite high calorie burn day so it really did not blow my budget at all, I still ate less than my target was.

This evening I got also really nice low numbers on scale, maybe I should not weight myself middle of week, it might get back up at end of week, that would be annoying for sure.

Keep it up, I know you can do it! :D

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm late, but I'm up for the challenge and hope I can participate! I lost 4 lbs on Monday. Great, but that's only 25% of the weight I gained this summer.... so looking for another big loss, 3-4 lbs this week. Hope I can do it. Going out of town for a funeral and some other activities (other activities were preplanned) this weekend but I plan to pack breakfast food, healthy snacks, and some meals so that I can eat normal food instead of eating out every meal. Hopefully that should allow me to have some fun without blowing it for Monday's weigh-in.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Anna! 
 Good luck! Congrats on the 4 pounds!

I'm doing OK so far (the weekend usually kills me). I wasn't real happy when we went for groceries on Monday night and a bag of potato chips found its way into our cart at the store. I just looked at Rick, who shrugged and gave me a sheepish smile. Sometimes that man is my worst enemy; he promised me he'd help me out here. But so far, I have eaten just one of his chips....just one, from his plate while he was snacking last night. So that's not too bad. Esp for me as I dearly, dearly love potato chips. Of all the things to find in the shopping cart, potato chips are a big weakness for me. I'm fairly good at not bringing the stuff into the house, but once it's here, then I tend to dwell about it. 

Trying to keep busy at night, which isn't too hard to do as there's always something going on around here.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy days are the worst, not much to do indoors, so it is very much of temptations and fighting them away.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been failing really bad this week. My son is really stressing me out and not sleeping much which makes me tired and wanting to eat junk. :( Maybe next week will be better.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been here for ages. I was ashamed to keep posting my yo-yoing :anon:
Anyways a few months ago I stopped eating grains and I felt terrific, really terrific. I used to need a nap most days but my energy levels are great now. I was then able to see that legumes don't really agree with me so I don't eat them anymore either. I pretty much follow a paleo lifestyle. I am not super strict though. I have eaten a magnum icecream and 4 slices of wheat bread during this time. i reached my goal waist measurement this week :woohoo: I do have to pull the tape measure mighty tight though :lol3: so I will be working on get it down some more.
Never ever give up you guys. It is possible. :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is bit unclear, my weight has been having weird ups and downs, might be I'm bit low on fluids.

Scale lies something between 7.3-7.7 pounds less now than week ago, that is 3.3-3.5kg lost during the week of challenge.

It started to be bit at the limit what is possible during the end though, to get proper nutrition I really can't keep up with maximum fat burning. I have been getting around 1700 calories less than my usage has been.

Some days I have been sweating more than 5 hours non stop, so quite bit of that weight loss is liquids really, even basic math tells that 7 x 1700 = 11900 kcal deficit during the week and 11900 / 7000 = 1.7 kilograms of fat at maximum could of been burned. 7000 is 2.2 pounds of fat or 1kg of fat in calories.

Rest is liquids and sadly also muscle loss.

However I wanted so much to reach below 100kg and I did it 99.6kg was yesterday evening's reading, it must be something like 30 years since last time I was this 'light'. Now I just need to keep up slow and small deficit taking care of proper nutrition and I should be firmly below that 100kg mark in a few weeks.

About two inches from waist is next important step.

So 1kg to 1.5kg I would say might be my real weight loss, that is 2.2 pounds to 3.3 pounds, it is not so exact really, even I know what I have used and what I have eaten I can calculate only rough estimates as there are more variables which are bit difficult to take into account. Like liquid level, muscle loss/growth.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My waist has gone up 1 cm overnight. :argh: I'm already thinking of the adjustments I'm going to make. I will not let this beat me. I just won't.

Well done Winchester Winchester and jtbo jtbo

Last edited:

nicsd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost 8lbs, but I don't really know enough to know if this is water weight or anything like that. I also quit smoking. Not a fun week!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My waist has gone up 1 cm overnight. :argh: I'm already thinking of the adjustments I'm going to make. I will not let this beat me. I just won't.

Well done Winchester Winchester and jtbo jtbo
My waist goes up usually day before I see nice drop in my weight the very next morning of waist increase, it is bit funny how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.