The Weight Loss Support Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My weight went down to 175.8 today from 177.2 yesterday. I will continue counting calories for a while because I think I am just eating too many calories. We are going out for dinner on Saturday so I will have to be careful not to eat too much. We are going to our favourite restaurant and to a movie because it's our first kid free night in a LONG time. I haven't let anyone have my son overnight yet but I'm ready to leave him for a night now that he's getting close to a year old.
Good God. Is it nearly a year already? How time flies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's 10.5 months and Aimee turns 3 in 2 weeks. Time goes too fast.

I am down 2.2 pounds in the last few days since I started counting calories.
That's a whole kilo exactly. Well done.
I could never count calories. I just cut certain foods out n my diet and i lose weight but I'm not dieting.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got this morning my lowest weight since began following my weight two days ago, 235 pounds, I have to change my dieting though, I need much more protein, also would need more carbohydrates but problem is calories, I would need so much that I would go near 2000kcal alone from carbohydrates and protein, but with protein there is often also fat and it has 9kcal for each gram, I need to find low fat protein source that I might be able to get and even consume, which is the tough part.

Raw cacao powder would have 22g of protein and 21g of fat for each 100g, that is about similar to ground meat while ground meat is lower in energy content because of less carbohydrates.

Some still recommend it over meat, maybe I could try and make my own chocolate out from it, with Xylitol, so it would be sugar free chocolate. Xylitol has actually less energy than raw cacao powder, so it might work out well, just need to figure out how one makes chocolate in first place.

There are really lot of recipes out there, so need to study a bit.

Problem is that even I loose weight, I start to feel weak because lack of protein and carbohydrates, glycogen depleted from muscles has to be filled up somehow.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3 pounds down from last week. But I'm a little disappointed. I am 2/10 of a pound short of dropping into a lower decade and was really hoping to make it this morning. But overall, except for one night last week when I went a little overboard, I did well. And considering that Rick isn't home (which is usually when I eat quite a bit more), I'm OK.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 pounds down from last week. But I'm a little disappointed. I am 2/10 of a pound short of dropping into a lower decade and was really hoping to make it this morning. But overall, except for one night last week when I went a little overboard, I did well. And considering that Rick isn't home (which is usually when I eat quite a bit more), I'm OK.
3 pounds is really well in a week, imo!

Yesterday I did eat too little, today all my muscles seem to be sore, so I thought that I cook few steaks to balance amount of protein, but steaks I got from shop were not so good, they were actually like rubber duck dipped in black pepper, there was nothing steak like taste in them. So I slipped to sweets and have to do burn off again.

Got also some whole wheat tortillas from shop, that should be platform for ground chicken meat, maybe it will give me better protein ratio.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went down to 152.3 on Saturday, now back to 153.2 this morning, though BF says not to believe it much - within 20 minutes he managed to gain a pound this morning on that scale! I was excited for 152.3, and for now I'm leaving it in my cal tracker as my weight because of the scale being so wishy-washy this morning. It would put me down 8.2lb in 11 days. We WERE "bad" on Saturday, got a buffalo chicken dip appetizer while we were out, and then split a sandwich, which I'm sure threw my calories way over. Back on track with our food this week, BF wants to go super serious this week, especially because with his bday Saturday we know we're going to blow all this healthiness out of the water with dinner and cake. I surprisingly HAVE been motivated to keep at it though, I haven't been doing the HCG drops, but have been acting as if I'm on it still, and want to keep with the better eating so I might have a tiny chance of meeting my 10/31 goal!

I did do some planting outside and worked up a good sweat yesterday afternoon, removing pinestraw and bushes the home builders put in, and putting down mulch and planting 24 annuals for fall in front of the house. Hopefully that counted as a workout for the weekend, because exercise is something I have not added to my activities yet :-/

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gained back 0.4 lb on the weekend but I'm ok with that. We had no kids and we went out to eat a couple of times and had some drinks. It was fun and worth gaining back a bit because I know I will lose it this week.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
152.1 this morning. I feel so close to 150 i can almost taste it :lol3: Down a total of 8.4lb in 2 weeks.
More work in the yard planting the last roebellini palm on the side of the garage. Digging up the old plant took a ton of work - I broke the shovel I put that much effort into it lol! I'd like to consider that some form of exercise, cuz boy do my upper legs hurt today. My arms have a bit of an ache as well.

Got grilled chicken for lunch today, with my beloved Frank's Red Hot (the commercial slogan is starting to become true for me...! ;) ) and some broccoli. Tonights dinner is marinated steak tips. BF makes a pretty good Coke marinade, will be the first soda I've had in probably 2 weeks. Still holding off on that as long as I can, before I allow myself 1 a day.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
152.1 this morning. I feel so close to 150 i can almost taste it :lol3: Down a total of 8.4lb in 2 weeks.
More work in the yard planting the last roebellini palm on the side of the garage. Digging up the old plant took a ton of work - I broke the shovel I put that much effort into it lol! I'd like to consider that some form of exercise, cuz boy do my upper legs hurt today. My arms have a bit of an ache as well.

Got grilled chicken for lunch today, with my beloved Frank's Red Hot (the commercial slogan is starting to become true for me...! ;) ) and some broccoli. Tonights dinner is marinated steak tips. BF makes a pretty good Coke marinade, will be the first soda I've had in probably 2 weeks. Still holding off on that as long as I can, before I allow myself 1 a day.

Your weight loss speed is quite amazing!

Chicken is a good call, great amount of protein for small amount of energy, I'm feeling too low protein at the moment, upper legs were quite sore and lower back hurts too, I think that I overdid my calorie deficit a bit, 2 days ago had 2187kcal deficit and yesterday 1489kcal deficit.

Still my weight stopped decreasing and even got up a bit, around 1/4 pound.

My waist measurement is not really changing at all, it might be bit different at different times of day, but it is not really moving anywhere, I know I have lost close to 5 pounds in total, but it is not showing up in waist measurements at all.

Some say that for every 5.5 pounds you should lose 1 inch from waist, for me not even 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch change so far, maybe next 5 pounds will change that, maybe not.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My weight is 174.6 this morning so my gain from the weekend is gone and a bit more. I'm hoping to make it to 169 lbs by my husbands birthday on September 18. I like setting litle goals like that and trying to get to them.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My weight is 174.6 this morning so my gain from the weekend is gone and a bit more. I'm hoping to make it to 169 lbs by my husbands birthday on September 18. I like setting litle goals like that and trying to get to them.
Small goals are indeed motivating! Those small increases seem to be coming sometimes from nowhere, at least for me, I have well negative calorie balance, I scale what I eat and measure what I use, but still those increases do happen.

I have set my first goal to 24% of fat percentage, my final goal is to be below 13% fat percentage, but that will take many months, also I'm not sure if even that 24% is too long distance goal, because it might take two months to get there.

Lot of variance seems to be from measuring inaccuracy, if scale is moved even a bit, it tends to change to different reading, even if I lean forwards or backwards sometimes changes readings, so there is lot of up and downs, even more so with waist measurement.

Quite a roller coaster what my spreadsheet shows of my journey so far, but it is going down still.

19th and 20th days I had many hours of physical work, 5500 and 4000 calorie days, I can't remember if it was 21st or 22nd when I did get proper measuring device for waist, reading before that are not very reliable.

My weight drops somewhat slow I think, but maybe it is because my fat percentage is 30.6% now, it is different for us guys than for girls as our fat percentage is almost half or should be! Still, excuses, I need proper nutrition and cut those calories more to drop weight faster, but what if everything tastes like chicken then? :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How does your husband make his Coca Cola dressing?

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't read through the rest of the posts, but you can definitely turn these off! I HATED them. They are called "Diary Insights." On the app, go to "More," "Settings," "Diary Settings," "Show Diary Food Insights" and toggle the button off. Voila! No more irritating judgy comments!

I've logged in to MFP for 428 days and it is definitely the biggest reason I've lost nearly 70 lbs, so I would encourage you to keep going with it! Otherwise, there is the LoseIt! app and the FitBit app. 

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once again I am back on the wagon... man, these last three months have been so frustrating! No one to blame but myself. I feel a lot better, though. I have a breakfast system sorted, at least temporarily, and have a few new recipes to try. @Winchester thank you for the Cooking Light recommendation. I found a few good ones on the website I'm eager to try :)

Once again, "HOPEFULLY" I will be back on track for longer than a few days. I haven't gained significantly - been bopping around in the same 5-8 lb range (which at my weight is basically a sneeze), up & down - but it's so irritating to think of where I could have been had I not lost my way. No matter... it may take 2 years, or 5 years, or 10 years. But I'm gonna get there!

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't read through the rest of the posts, but you can definitely turn these off! I HATED them. They are called "Diary Insights." On the app, go to "More," "Settings," "Diary Settings," "Show Diary Food Insights" and toggle the button off. Voila! No more irritating judgy comments!

I've logged in to MFP for 428 days and it is definitely the biggest reason I've lost nearly 70 lbs, so I would encourage you to keep going with it! Otherwise, there is the LoseIt! app and the FitBit app. 
Thank you. I like the app otherwise so it's nice to know I can turn them off.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going in the right direction, JTbo!
It is, bit weird though, I have had very poor two days in diet wise, I have been on maintenance calories instead of deficit, but weight seem to be decreasing still.

I got my lowest evening weight too, but I don't think that counts as it was after the sauna, but sure it would be nice to think that one would loose pound or two just by being in sauna :D

I think that I need heavier weights, I have read something about lifting heavier weights causing long fat burning and increasing metabolism.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Odd, after sauna my weight really hasn't got up, it is staying lower now.

Today I did eat inside roast of beef, not sure if my translation is even close, but it is not very cheap, but it is very good and does not contain too much of fat, so it is low in calories, high in protein.

389 calories and almost 80 grams of protein.

Taste was wonderful, I think I'm in love, too bad I can't afford to eat this daily, two chunks to get that around 80 grams of protein did cost about a tenner (10 euros, maybe close to 12 dollars), so I guess that with money you will gain a lot of food quality. 1kg (2.2 pounds) would be 28 euros, around 33.6 dollars, so can't imagine having that too often.

It is quite bit less than a pound for that money, ground meat is about 4 euros (~4.8 dollars) a pound here.

I need to cut down amount of fat in order to gain amount of protein, so I might try low fat ground beef, it will not be so expensive, but will have about half amount of fat than regular ground beef.

It seems I'm getting closer and closer to Atkin's diet. Good thing is that I get meat from local farmer's shop,

I got today all time low morning and evening weights, around 232 pounds, that is down from 241.9 pounds at 14th of this month, that makes 14 days and 9.9 pounds, not quite the 10 pounds though. That is probably not real amount of weight loss, because at beginning I was not enough careful in placing the scale and it might affected the readings, but I'm happy that my weight is going down.

14th day weights were higher than 13th day when I began following and dieting, also 12th day evening weight was bit lower than 14th evening weight, there probably were some inaccuracies.

For the last days I have been in back pain and not done much of anything, also I have not been able to keep my deficit but still I have not gone too high to gain weight, however I'm thinking about allowing myself this day to be bit higher in calories, maybe tomorrow I will get nice workout to burn that extra off again :)

Loosing weight has made me realize how horribly fat I really have been, it makes me want to quit and start eating chocolate like a bread, which is quite illogical, I'm loosing weight, I'm progressing, it will take many months, but if I just keep up I should be in head turning weight by next summer, why my mind is then getting these illogical thoughts?

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I have switched my diet to be more meat based, it seems that as I eat same amount of calories, I loose more weight than before.

4.4 pounds down from 3 days ago.

Almost no wheat or very tiny amount of whole wheat.

It seems my waist measurement is showing little decrease too, I thought it has not changed, but re-checking shows clearly how there is decrease:

One crazy thing is that I have eaten 200 grams of chocolate both of last two days and I'm getting lot of dropped weight. It makes me wonder if what we are told is really true about wheat being good, fat being bad and so on.

I had also sauna yesterday too, if anything it might help to remove retained water, but also moose flies start to be annoying and it helps to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.