The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester    Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome!

Yes, it is so easy to put it on, and so hard to take off.  That is not fair! It is not right.. but we all understand and know how much we are trying, and the guilt associated with the extra weight. 

Glad you are taking it slow and easy. 

I am also too ashamed to admit my weight. Just part of me...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester=THAT IS REALLY AWESOME!! 

I think it is proof that YOU can DO it! yOu did it. You got up. Put those shoes on. Went to work and did it. I applaud you for sticking it out. I know I never ever seen myself this heavy BUT I also wasn't lifting weights this time last year. Last summer I was in a size 8. Now a size 16. The 14 is tight but I don't dry them. I am determined to loose this weight. I think muscle weighs more than fat so if you start lifting heavier-make sure to fuel your muscles with appropriate protein-otherwise the body will use your muscle to burn for fuel which you don't want BUT I know you know this. Just try to not cut back to 1000 cal a day if you are lifting. I did not buy any jumk yesterday. I ate my bananas and today I have boiled eggs and a banana. I ate a sandwich earler at 9:30 and then at 11:30 I had my 30 gram protein bar. so I am full and ready to do some lunchtime moving around.

I think the chicken I made the other night tastes better now that it sat-I tasted it last night and it def tastes stronger-so that will be tonights supper. I forgot the grapes again.

I know all about the crying because the weight goes up but I hope you can learn to look back and use it as a learning point. We should love ourselves no matter what we look like but that doesn't mean we are accepting where we are. We all are doing hard work to change our habits to be a healthier version. I understand the tears. I should be crying but I just get angry and work out harder. OR just stay angry in general. I keep getting told from the guys I need to smile more..I told them I cant I feel ugly. They said no you are not ugly. Well this is something I think each one of us relates to. I said the mirror doesn't lie. They said your mind lies to you. They are my best friends-I have a good handful of guys who are like my big brother or little brother since I don't have any. So I hope you know that other people don't see us the way we see ourselves.  I still think you are brave for discussing the emotions behind the struggles. It helps the rest of us make sense of this whole thing.

I am so glad I found this thread back this year.

I remember in Jan and feb how I woke up hurting everywhere when I started. Some days I still wake up hurting. Yep I just told myself no pain no gain. Ok I rambled on enough but I understand everything you are saying Winchester. It's not easy to learn will power. yep! Hang in there and keep expressing your emotions to this otherwise you will not feel resolved. Its not healthy to bottle up emotions=they have a bad habit of showing up at the most inconvenient times. Sending you hugs Winchester.

Tonight going to try the weights if the knee calms down. I just get nervous because they got all new machines and we all are bumbling around trying to familiarize ourselves with the changes.

Still trying to get Jon to go with me. I told him 3 guys were there from work-three that he used to talk to daily at work-who knows maybe I will get him to show up. I almost upgraded to a black membership and kidnapped him to go. I am going to find out what days those guys come down here and drive him there to hang out and have a guys gym night. I didn't think it would be so hard to get him to workout at the gym. even with people he knows? Oh well.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a huge sweet tooth and chocolate is my go to thing. There is almost always something in my house sweet that I can grab. In our house we have Larrys and the kids stash which is mostly Little Debbies then mine. I keep the Quaker peanut butter choclate granola bars Blue bunny chocolate lovers ice cream sandwiches, theyare so good with three types of chocolate. I will do either a whipped greek yogurt or my protien shake both SaltedCaramel flavored with a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips.

My snack at the end of the day is one of the first things I log. That is my end of the day treat to reward myself for sticking to my macros and workout. I also try to wait til the kids are in bed asleep so I can really enjoy it and relax.

I think why I have a little edge over you all is I am a SAHM. I dont have to deal with the outside temptations you face. Larry is also good that if its something I struggle with he wont bring it in the house.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys.....it's a struggle, that's for sure. And I knew you'd all understand; you're right there, too. 

LouannJude, chocolate is a big thing with me, too. I swear if you give me a piece of really good chocolate, I'd probably swoon! 
 But heck, I even like bad chocolate. I just love chocolate. Period.

Foxxycat, what exactly is wrong with your knee? Is it a meniscus problem? Arthritis? What's going on? If it is meniscus, they can go in and work on it. I had a meniscus tear operated on and it was probably the best thing I did. The pain was really bad before the surgery. It took a while for it to heal afterward, but it's been fine since.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have arthritis pieces underneath the knee cap and in most of my joints. My body grows arthritis if I don't move. It hurts the most in the morning or laying down all day. Its been about 5 to 6 years since I seen the doctor for it. they did an MRI and they said there was arthritis in it. My knees click and pop. They showed me exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee. At the time I went to this appointment I was also 130lbs. now I am at 190. OMG so I KNOW the first thing they will say is drop 50 lbs. I am trying. But I have been packing on the muscle so I am HOPING in the next 6 months I can get rid of this excess weight.

I am ok if I workout 2 hours a day otherwise if I stop then I don't workout at all. So back to the knee-my mother had arthritis. I have a tendon problem in my rt elbow as well as knee. So those are my two weak spots. I have to get back to the ortho doc but he doesn't take the insurance I have here. I almost considering paying cash for it but I don't have that kind of money laying around. Dr Parsons did my shoulder surgery in 2007. I had a bone spur from grinding on metal at work and they had to cut it. The WORST pain EVER.

it took pred to get rid of the pain after a month on opoids didn't touch it. a weeks of pred and VAMOOSE the pain! They also removed the bursi in my right shoulder-not sure I agree with this but that's what they did. so yep I am so glad I got the shoulder fixed. And not living on Advil is a good thing.

I still have range of motion issues but I can adapt. So my knee-yeah not sure why the right one bothers me more than the left knee. But I have to agree with the Turmeric. I take black pepper and turmeric=the black pepper activates the turmeric AND a fat source=I usually eat cheese when I take it.

If you are curious you can google Kratom.The turmeric and kratom is a really good combo. There are other herbs to try but I never got around to it. The turmeric works on bone pain. I think it works better than kratom.

ok I got to go to my eye appointment..chat later everyone! Stay strong!

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I kind of fell off the wagon. I haven't been eating unhealthy, but just more than I should be eating. It just kind of got exhausting. For 150 days, I measured, weighed, and recorded every little morsel that passed my lips. I cut out alcohol because of the calories, I meal prepped weekly, I abstained from all the fun things in life. And I lost 35 lbs. Easily! And it was awesome. I got down to goal size 4 pants, and 141 lbs (goal is 138.) And then it just stopped. I went weeks, faithfully recording, logging, and nothing.

So I'm back up to 144ish, and I'm super annoyed with myself. It took me 6 weeks to lose that 3 lbs and I gained it back. And I know it's only 3 lbs, and I've lost 10 times that, but it gets so hard at the end. When you're so close to goal weight, and a low BMI, the weight comes off so slooooooooowly. 

I keep telling myself in the morning that I'm going to log everything and record, and then by dinner time, I'm eating half a box of cereal. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I kind of fell off the wagon. I haven't been eating unhealthy, but just more than I should be eating. It just kind of got exhausting. For 150 days, I measured, weighed, and recorded every little morsel that passed my lips. I cut out alcohol because of the calories, I meal prepped weekly, I abstained from all the fun things in life. And I lost 35 lbs. Easily! And it was awesome. I got down to goal size 4 pants, and 141 lbs (goal is 138.) And then it just stopped. I went weeks, faithfully recording, logging, and nothing.

So I'm back up to 144ish, and I'm super annoyed with myself. It took me 6 weeks to lose that 3 lbs and I gained it back. And I know it's only 3 lbs, and I've lost 10 times that, but it gets so hard at the end. When you're so close to goal weight, and a low BMI, the weight comes off so slooooooooowly. 

I keep telling myself in the morning that I'm going to log everything and record, and then by dinner time, I'm eating half a box of cereal. 
I know that feeling. I got to 155.4, goal is 155 for now (hopefully 135-140 eventually). I'm at 155.8 now. I keep seeing 155.4, 155.6, 155.8 but just can't seem to get lower. I am still super happy to have come this far, I just wish it was easier. I was once 198 pounds and never dreamed I could be in the 150s again. I haven't been this small since I was about 18/19....I'm almost 30 now.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!  Can I join your group?  I need to lose 40 - 50 lbs and I did my Whole30 but want to mostly stay on it.  I live with a cookie baking daughter and have a KIA sister (1 KIA sister out of 5 isn't so bad, I guess) who unfortunately has my phone number.

Anyways, I am trying to walk or do some low impact exercise for an hour a day and I am getting sooooo hungry since I started.  Eating healthy is getting harder.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!  Can I join your group?  I need to lose 40 - 50 lbs and I did my Whole30 but want to mostly stay on it.  I live with a cookie baking daughter and have a KIA sister (1 KIA sister out of 5 isn't so bad, I guess) who unfortunately has my phone number.

Anyways, I am trying to walk or do some low impact exercise for an hour a day and I am getting sooooo hungry since I started.  Eating healthy is getting harder.
You have to eat more filling foods to stay full. I really struggled with being hungry for a while but now I'm hardly ever hungry. I usually have a smoothie, then a snack, then lunch, a snack, dinner and a small snack in the evening. I eat anywhere from 1100 to 1400 calories most days depending on my level of activity. My fitbit tells me how much I should eat based on activity which is really helpful.

I like having some mixed nuts (natural no salt added), a protein or energy bar, veggies with homemade dip, etc for a snack.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that mentioning chocolate in this thread should be illegal :D

More than a week without chocolate and now I failed, got chocolate, but it was way too sweet and not very good, I guess my tongue had adjusted away from sweet taste already.

Managed to still fit it into daily balance, just hoping I won't fail again.

Way too sweet aftertaste in mouth, need to drink a lot of water now.

Meat keeps hunger away and is low calories compared to many others for amount of protein it has.

Amount of protein is one of the most important things at least for me, I get over 80 grams each day, but never more than 160 grams.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to eat more filling foods to stay full. I really struggled with being hungry for a while but now I'm hardly ever hungry. I usually have a smoothie, then a snack, then lunch, a snack, dinner and a small snack in the evening. I eat anywhere from 1100 to 1400 calories most days depending on my level of activity. My fitbit tells me how much I should eat based on activity which is really helpful.

I like having some mixed nuts (natural no salt added), a protein or energy bar, veggies with homemade dip, etc for a snack.
Thanks.  I was doing ok until I started pushing the walking.  The whole 30 book recommends protein and a veggie but I'm not sure how much is needed for the amount of walking.  I don't want to eat so much that I don't lose any weight.

today I walked 1.5 hours after breakfast and I will have an early lunch.  We'll see how that goes.  Yesterday I walked earlier and lunch was 2 hours away.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Hey! Welcome! It's great to see you here!
I think that mentioning chocolate in this thread should be illegal

More than a week without chocolate and now I failed, got chocolate, but it was way too sweet and not very good, I guess my tongue had adjusted away from sweet taste already.

Managed to still fit it into daily balance, just hoping I won't fail again.

Way too sweet aftertaste in mouth, need to drink a lot of water now.

Meat keeps hunger away and is low calories compared to many others for amount of protein it has.

Amount of protein is one of the most important things at least for me, I get over 80 grams each day, but never more than 160 grams.
Sorry. 
 Truly. I'm glad you were able to fit it into your balance, so it wasn't too bad.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't even been checking TCS. I've been too ashamed. I've been binging for days now. It ends today. I told myself I'd take a break from dieting and just eat normally. Eat normally?? What the heck is that?? All I know is restrict calories, count every crumb, weigh the crumb, right down that you ate the crumb and then if you are not doing that then binge out of control. Let the reigns go a tiny bit and you may as well bolt like mad. I've been opening the pantry thinking " now what don't I usually allow myself?"
I'm not getting on the scales until Monday weigh in. I look bloated and my skin is terrible. I bought a book called " Brain over Binge" to help me kick the habit and I've been eating while I'm reading it. There is a part of me that doesn't want to let go of it. It's actually quite liberating to just eat whatever you want. All those flavours you don't usually allow yourself. I just want to be like other people and enjoy one serve. Just one and stop there. Anyways that's my story for the week. Story of my life actually.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I hear you. I do. Seems like it's one or the other for me, too. It's like my brain doesn't get that there's a happy medium, one doughnut instead of ten. Well, not really ten, but you know what I mean. It's a feast-or-starve thing in my brain. I can't seem to actually eat NORMALLY, like an actual normal person would. It's my story, too, and you know, I honestly don't know what to do about it.

Rick can eat one serving of potato chips, for example, then put the bag away and be done with it. Me? Oh, heck, I might as well just start eating from the blasted bag to start with because it will be empty....it's just a matter of how long it will take me to eat them all. It's a brain mis-fire, I tell you. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (And to be honest, I'm more than a little worried about this weekend. Two picnics and our own dinner on Monday. And I'm baking cookies today. 
  Might as well throw the blasted scales right into the pool and be done with it.)

Hang in there, Monday is coming. 
 Please be a little careful, Tammat. You've really worked so hard.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we all know this same issue. I too didn't follow my eating plan this week. Although I didn't go over my calories but I didn't eat healthy either. The darn snack machine needs to be removed. Last night I did good at the store-no snacks. just fruits and meats. and today I FORGOT my fruit! I also have a bunch of eggs that need eating.

I too relate to binge eating. I think there is no normal. I don't know how our parents did it in the old days before convenience stores and snacks. I know mom used to bake stuff all the time-but at least you had to burn calories baking.

I don't know what the answer is. I have one guy friend at work who talked to me for abit about this whole dieting thing. He said he eats his emotions. I think I can relate to that. For me its boredom but also when working out I get so much more hungry so its important I give the body enough calories otherwise I get splitting headaches. So its a constant fight. I know tonight I am hitting the gym hard again. I just wish I could shut off my mouth and stop eating so much. But we all understand. Maybe I too am eating my emotions? Its been a bad month in June. So much sadness. So that's my story and I am sticking to it!

I think the numbers on the scale are meant to haunt you more than help you. Why don't we toss the scale and go by measurements and how strong we have become? Many of us have started at such a small amount of exercise and look at us now! We can WALK for an hour or so where before-we barely could do 15 min. I think we need to focus on the strengths each of us has learned. And try not to worry so much about the number on the scale. In the grand scheme of things I think we are forgetting how far we have come. Try to relax and breathe deep. I know how frustrating it is. Try to remember how far we have come. enjoy that food without guilt. And maybe compromise-say half of the bag instead the whole bag. But I do understand how hard it is. I am always hungry. Even now-after breakfast. I hate how food only fills me up for an hour. So it seems like every 2 hours I am eating. drives ME nuts. I get it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a "picky-eating" day. I ate too much.. I even had some peanut butter last night.. a couple of scoops...that is bad. 

It must be something in the 'stars' because there are so many of us doing it, at the same time. 

I am forcing myself to go to the gym this morning. I just wish I could see more results. I am beginning to get frustrated. 

This time of year, I want ice cream!!! I want watermelon! some good potato salad. and a lobster roll, also fried clams....

It really stinks trying to diet during the summer. On the good side, the produce is really fresh. I cannot wait for the tomatoes to come in. 

I really dislike having salads in the winter. I am always cold, and eating a cold salad when I am cold, does not appeal to me. 

Ok---I could call this the "whining" poor me post...

On a good note, my therapist is in the process of cutting back, just a bit on my anti-depressant. He is trying to work with me to help me lose weight, plus he does not feel I need as high a dose, anymore...that is good news!! We are also spacing out our appointments a bit longer. Now, every 6 weeks. That is great news...

I always feel better when the sun is shining, and it is warm. I do have seasonal depression. I hate the cold..

Well, have to check out he other threads, then I will brush Artie, give him more meds, morning stuff and off to gym...

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is about attitude, I have really big sweet tooth and I have to have according attitude to cope with it, sometimes I fail but then I try again :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've put my calories up to maintenance for my goal weight. I underestimate how much energy my exercise takes and plus I'm probably doing myself a disservice by trying to get by on less food. I'm going to focus more on my training- which is what I'm supposed to do. [emoji]128521[/emoji]
This is what I was eating:
Breakfast 9:00am ground beef, 1 egg, zucchini, mushrooms, corn, pumpkin, tomato paste. 12:00 (post train) recovery formula protein, 3/4 to 1 cup brown rice, meat and veg. 3pm chicken, brown rice and veg muffin. 6pm meat and three veg.
So you can see my diet is very clean and healthy. My exercise programmes go for 6 weeks. They start out hard and then every two weeks they get harder. I lost the plot at week 4 so I think I need more fuel. I sleep a lot so rest is not my problem. Would I sleep less if I ate more carbs? Maybe. The whole thing does my head in. I follow female bodybuilders on YouTube. All they talk about is food. I think this is actually making me crazier!!! I need some good Tv shows and some good books. Ones without people eating[emoji]128521[/emoji]

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've put my calories up to maintenance for my goal weight. I underestimate how much energy my exercise takes and plus I'm probably doing myself a disservice by trying to get by on less food. I'm going to focus more on my training- which is what I'm supposed to do. [emoji]128521[/emoji]
This is what I was eating:
Breakfast 9:00am ground beef, 1 egg, zucchini, mushrooms, corn, pumpkin, tomato paste. 12:00 (post train) recovery formula protein, 3/4 to 1 cup brown rice, meat and veg. 3pm chicken, brown rice and veg muffin. 6pm meat and three veg.
So you can see my diet is very clean and healthy. My exercise programmes go for 6 weeks. They start out hard and then every two weeks they get harder. I lost the plot at week 4 so I think I need more fuel. I sleep a lot so rest is not my problem. Would I sleep less if I ate more carbs? Maybe. The whole thing does my head in. I follow female bodybuilders on YouTube. All they talk about is food. I think this is actually making me crazier!!! I need some good Tv shows and some good books. Ones without people eating[emoji]128521[/emoji]
I don't see any healthy fats in your day.  Olives, Olive oil, avocados, avocado oil,  butter, nuts, nut butters - there are more but I am drawing a blank.  If you are eating grass fed beef the fat in that is healthy because it doesn't have all the added hormones and stuff.   Anyways, just a thought.

I didn't walk today, may go out soon and try to get in 1/2 an hour.  Went shopping with DD, needed cat food, and groceries and did some 'fun' stores.  She got Mini Chuckles at Bed Bath and Beyond.  I had one piece of the black licorice and was happy.  It was fresh and delicious.  I haven't had candy in over 33 days.  I know I should have passed since I reintroduced corn on Wednesday and am supposed to strictly follow the Whole30 for 2 days after trying a food on the restricted list. 

Status
Not open for further replies.