The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It seems I might have food poisoning.  I will spare details. And the only good thing is when I weighed myself this morning, it wasn't quite as bad as I feared after my weekend of indulgence and, was less than the week prior.  So, yay for being sick (well, not really, but I'll take the loss where I can).

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems I might have food poisoning.  I will spare details. And the only good thing is when I weighed myself this morning, it wasn't quite as bad as I feared after my weekend of indulgence and, was less than the week prior.  So, yay for being sick (well, not really, but I'll take the loss where I can).
Hope you're feeling better soon.:hugs:

Yay!! To all the losers this week. Well done :clap:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Tammat.  Today is better, although I decided against going to work for another day.  Saw the doctor yesterday.  He ran some tests and since it's pretty obvious it's a bacterial infection of some sort (food related most likely) he put me on a broad spectrum antibiotic.  $160 co-pay for 9 freaking pills.  No generic available, it's a new drug. Better work!

Anyway, today was my weigh-in day. Lost just over 4 pounds although I know some of that was due to being so ill.  I really haven't eaten much at all since Tuesday.  We'll see how this week goes.  I'm still eating lightly today, and possibly tomorrow (doc gave me a restricted diet also) so between that and my normal more cautious eating habits, I'd imagine it might stay off.  It put me just under 220, so overall I've lost just over 10 pounds so far.  Yea!

Hope everyone else is doing well! 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Tammat.  Today is better, although I decided against going to work for another day.  Saw the doctor yesterday.  He ran some tests and since it's pretty obvious it's a bacterial infection of some sort (food related most likely) he put me on a broad spectrum antibiotic.  $160 co-pay for 9 freaking pills.  No generic available, it's a new drug. Better work!

Anyway, today was my weigh-in day. Lost just over 4 pounds although I know some of that was due to being so ill.  I really haven't eaten much at all since Tuesday.  We'll see how this week goes.  I'm still eating lightly today, and possibly tomorrow (doc gave me a restricted diet also) so between that and my normal more cautious eating habits, I'd imagine it might stay off.  It put me just under 220, so overall I've lost just over 10 pounds so far.  Yea!

I suppose the weight loss is a positive but a lousy way to get it :(

Yesterday was the last day of Six weeks of weight training for me. It's very important for me to maintain good nutrition during this time. I need lots of protein and extra calories but not too many. Ive finally worked out what is too many. Next week is a rest week for me and up until now I haven't been allowed to exercise during this time. This week I'm allowed to do some serious cardio and burn fat. Today I've reduced my calories by 400 a day. So far, so good but it's only mid morning!! I'm hoping for a good week :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So sorry to hear you've been unwell.  I hope by now you are on the way to recovery.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Monday here. I lost 800 gms. Woo Hoo!!!! That's 1lb 12 oz. a lot for me. I also hopped on my trainers scales and he was very impressed. I can't remember the figures? But I have gained a good amount of muscle and lost body fat. That has always been the aim so I'm very happy.

Good luck everyone. We can do this :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats, Tammat!

Down 2.4 pounds here.

I was more than a little leery this morning because we had peach cobbler, peach cobbler cookies, and a peaches-and-cream pie last week and over the weekend. So I'll take this and be grateful for the loss.

Sivyaleah, I hope you're feeling much better now.

And a big 
 to all the losers this week!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to all the losers - well done!  I had a good week for me - lost 1.93 pounds, for a new weight by average of 183.6, and a total now lost of 184.4 pounds :)  Getting closer to reaching my goal of 170s by my October wedding anniversary (19th!).

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yea for everyone 

I gained back some that was lost while ill, but since it was so much that I lost due to being sick, this was expected.  However, I still weigh less than 2 weeks ago so I fully expect that trend to continue for my official weight in Thursday.  

Oh and I am much better.  I actually had a half bagel with a little cream cheese for breakfast (I only allow myself half these days).  Was the best breakfast I've had in a week.  I'm a bagel-o-holic; Jewish and a New Yorker lol 

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a quick post - lost 2.27 pounds this past week - new weight by average is 187.33.  I'm very happy as my goal was to be in the 180s by average, by my birthday, which is today. I lost just under 75 pounds since my birthday last year.

By next year, I'll have been in maintenance for a couple of months at 140, and be working on yoga and some strength training, want to tighten up the loose skin as much as I can and build muscle for my elderly years.  I already find it jarring to see my collarbones, hip bones etc.  I don't want to be boney!
Congratulations on your birthday but you're still s baby compared to me.
I turned 70 last week

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My three weeks vacation is over
I have somehow managed to lose almost 6 pounds during these 3 weeks. How, I do not know - I mean I did my best to stick to my eating program, but I also had some wine and some pancakes

So now back to work, back to gym, back to low carb, still have 42 pounds to lose! And to keep off!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea for everyone :clap:

I gained back some that was lost while ill, but since it was so much that I lost due to being sick, this was expected.  However, I still weigh less than 2 weeks ago so I fully expect that trend to continue for my official weight in Thursday.  

Oh and I am much better.  I actually had a half bagel with a little cream cheese for breakfast (I only allow myself half these days).  Was the best breakfast I've had in a week.  I'm a bagel-o-holic; Jewish and a New Yorker lol :D  
Weight loss in that fashion always comes back. I lost a ton of weight last week with a 24 hour virus that lasted 5 days.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weight loss in that fashion always comes back. I lost a ton of weight last week with a 24 hour virus that lasted 5 days.
It does.  Luckily, I'm still down from the prior week which means some of it stayed off.  I'm still averaging out the same *real* weight loss per week which is between 1 and 1-1/2 pounds.  Overall average as of today is 1.25 per week.  It's coming off a lot slower than in the past due to a) age and b) inactivity.  I still am not able to do much more than the physical therapy I'm involved with 2x a week.  Walking long distances, something I do enjoy, isn't yet possible.  Looking forward to the day when I can move more efficiently!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My three weeks vacation is over
I have somehow managed to lose almost 6 pounds during these 3 weeks. How, I do not know - I mean I did my best to stick to my eating program, but I also had some wine and some pancakes

So now back to work, back to gym, back to low carb, still have 42 pounds to lose! And to keep off!
Well done!  It means you did a good job :)  You'll get to goal, and then the fun with maintenance begins <G>.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 kilo lost for me this week :woohoo:
That's 2.2 lbs. my scales said 900 gms bug my trainers said 1 kilo so I'm taking that ;) Either way that's a very big whoosh for me.

I hope you guys have brilliant weeks too. :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I stayed the same this past week, but that's OK. I lost ten pounds during the month of August and I'll take that.

Congrats, Tammat, and to all the losers this week! 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far this week, down a pound.  Official weigh in a few days away.

It's coming off SO slow, but it is coming off so I am very happy for that.  I just can't help but recall that the last time I made the commitment to lose weight, I was averaging about 6-8 pounds a month.  Now, 8 weeks into it, it's more like 5 pounds.  I have to keep reminding myself that being 55 in itself is enough reason for the slow pace but add in the physical debilitation and inability to get up and move as much as I did 10 years ago really has an impact on the rate of loss. 

Whatever, All I know is I'm eating incredibly well, don't feel deprived, feel better slightly better overall even with the small loss.  It's enough to keep me motivated for the long haul.  And 10 pounds lost is nothing to take lightly either putting everything in perspective.  

BTW, last night I made SUCH a yummy dinner.  I took off the ends of the salmon and catfish I bought, along with 4 nice sized scallops (froze the rest of the salmon and catfish for later use).  The protein came out to about no more than 8 ounces total for 2 people.  I sauteed 1/2 a red onion, garlic cloves, and asparagus in a small amount of olive oil.  Added in the seafood and added in some white wine, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  Then, get this, I grated up 2 corn cobs so it resulted in a milky thick mixture.  Added that into the sauteed seafood.  Then, made some white rice but used chicken stock instead of water and...a few saffron threads.  The rice was served  with the seafood over it.  SO good.  

I figured out the Weight Watcher points and it came out to more or less 15 points, which was pretty good since I had eaten lightly the rest of the day.  My boyfriend raved about the result.  

We also had some  home roasted figs afterwards.  Made that with a bit of ice wine, brown sugar and honey drizzled over.  Oh and fresh thyme.  Cooked them up for about 1/2 hour - 40 minutes turning at 30 minutes.  I can't even tell you how fantastic this turned out.  If we had ice cream in the house, it would have been even better but hey you know no ice cream right now...because diets :D

And yay!!! for everyone else.  You're all doing great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.