The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like everyone is doing well!  I had a tiny loss week (though I had a new one day low last week of 181.5, which was exciting as it's so close to the 170s..lol).  My new average is 183.04, for a loss of .56 of a lb.

Getting a lot of exercise, now to keep that up!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 kilo lost for me this week :woohoo:
That's 2.2 lbs. my scales said 900 gms bug my trainers said 1 kilo so I'm taking that ;) Either way that's a very big whoosh for me

I hope you guys have brilliant weeks too. :clap:
well done you. A kilo is not to be sneezed at.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, hi guys!! I started in with this thread in January but fell off the wagon... happy to report I've been back on the wagon for almost three months now. I gained about 15 pounds from January to mid-June when I started again... ugh!!!! But I've lost all that and 10 more besides for a total of 25 pounds lost, so I'm doing great!

I count calories with myfitnesspal and try to be more active by going for walks and bike rides. I still try to be low-carb when I can, but right now I'm more focused on making small, long-term changes than doing a major overhaul that I'll only stick to for awhile.

I'm losing about 2.5 pounds per week right now - when you're really big it comes off fast! I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm giving myself 3 years to do it which would be an average of less than 1.5 pounds per week so it's a very slow, sustainable rate of weight loss. And right now I'm ahead of the game so I'm optimistic!

I haven't caught up on the thread yet but I see lots of good news on this page... congrats to everyone who is losing! Hopefully I'll be back soon to participate & encourage!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, hi guys!! I started in with this thread in January but fell off the wagon... happy to report I've been back on the wagon for almost three months now. I gained about 15 pounds from January to mid-June when I started again... ugh!!!! But I've lost all that and 10 more besides for a total of 25 pounds lost, so I'm doing great!

I count calories with myfitnesspal and try to be more active by going for walks and bike rides. I still try to be low-carb when I can, but right now I'm more focused on making small, long-term changes than doing a major overhaul that I'll only stick to for awhile.

I'm losing about 2.5 pounds per week right now - when you're really big it comes off fast! I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm giving myself 3 years to do it which would be an average of less than 1.5 pounds per week so it's a very slow, sustainable rate of weight loss. And right now I'm ahead of the game so I'm optimistic!

I haven't caught up on the thread yet but I see lots of good news on this page... congrats to everyone who is losing! Hopefully I'll be back soon to participate & encourage!
Well done yourself.  Glad to see you back.  I gave myself 5 years to lose the 228 I needed to lose, looks like I'll manage it in about 4 -1/2, almost done.  Slow and steady does win this race :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done yourself.  Glad to see you back.  I gave myself 5 years to lose the 228 I needed to lose, looks like I'll manage it in about 4 -1/2, almost done.  Slow and steady does win this race :)
Here. Here! It's taken me 20 months to lose 5.6 kilos. That's a bit over 12lbs. I am the slowest turtle here but hey I'm winning my race.

You guys have all done great. :clap:
Woo Hoo!! Let's keep going. We can do this.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
After staying the same last week, I managed to lose one pound since last Tuesday. 

Hope you all are losers this week!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 1.07 pounds last week (would have been more but my weight swung up this morning...and I had more exercise yesterday than in 20 years.  Seriously.)  My new averaged weight is: 181.9, and total now lost is 186.03.

41.9 pounds to goal!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I lost 1.07 pounds last week (would have been more but my weight swung up this morning...and I had more exercise yesterday than in 20 years.  Seriously.)  My new averaged weight is: 181.9, and total now lost is 186.03.

41.9 pounds to goal!
You're going to be seeing those 170s soon, Pat! I'm excited for you!

I know what you mean about working hard and seeing the scales go up. I worked in that garden over the weekend like you wouldn't believe....even though I didn't walk on the treadmill, I was working outside both days. And inside, I was on my feet for hours in the kitchen. But I didn't lose as much as I would have liked. Still a loss is a loss. 

Kudos to you!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weighed in today after 2 weeks - I go to a weight loss support group called TOPS and we had Labor Day off. I weigh randomly here & there at my home scale, but it's digital so I don't trust it. (The TOPS scale is a good ol' beam scale.) I just kinda use it to see what section of the ballpark I'm in as the week goes by.

I lost 4 pounds!!!
 In 2 weeks that's not super great for me (was hoping for 6) - but it was my birthday this past weekend and I went to Southwest Va. to spend a few days with my grandmother. Well you eat what your grandmother gives you because it's not everyday you get the opportunity! Over the weekend, I had creamy chicken, mashed taters, eggs'n'bacon'n'sausage'n'gravy'n'biscuits, peach cobbler, and a thick, old-fashioned Hershey chocolate milkshake from a country store. After all that food I was surprised to lose anything! So I'm proud of that number. It brought me up to 28.75 pounds lost.

I like TOPS - it's kind of like Weight Watchers but without the products - you follow whatever diet your doctor recommends and if you don't know, they have a few you can try out (for free of course). The first Monday of the month we have awards and I won "Biggest Loser" for August (8.25 pounds) and got an award for 5 losses in a row. It's nice to have the recognition, and to talk about weight loss with people who are going through it so you don't bore the other people in your life! 

Last edited:

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

After staying the same last week, I managed to lose one pound since last Tuesday. 

Hope you all are losers this week!
Yay for the pound, Pam! I read upthread you lost 10 pounds in August! That's awesome! Maybe your body is just adjusting to your new weight now. Good luck this week!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done to all the losers :clap:
That's some great work people.
I gained 600 gms. I'm back lifting weights and my trainer said I'm not allowed to lose weight. He assures me I will burn fat with my workouts. So the aim is for my weight to go up and my waist line to go down. I forgot to measure but I did my belt up on a smaller notch so I'm happy with that ;)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lost 1.25 this week. Down 10.5 lbs.  Going out for dinner or a nice lunch Saturday to celebrate our 6th Anniversary.  Not marriage, we use 9/13 because it has special significance in our relationship.  Known him really 6-1/2 years but that was the date we kind of made it "official" that we were indeed in love and a couple 
  Trying to find someplace where we won't be blowing it completely (he's doing Weight Watchers with me now) but might just say the heck with that and go where we want!

Congrats to everyone, even if you didn't lose.  It's still an achievement to continue trying.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I weighed in today after 2 weeks - I go to a weight loss support group called TOPS and we had Labor Day off. I weigh randomly here & there at my home scale, but it's digital so I don't trust it. (The TOPS scale is a good ol' beam scale.) I just kinda use it to see what section of the ballpark I'm in as the week goes by.

I lost 4 pounds!!!
 In 2 weeks that's not super great for me (was hoping for 6) - but it was my birthday this past weekend and I went to Southwest Va. to spend a few days with my grandmother. Well you eat what your grandmother gives you because it's not everyday you get the opportunity! Over the weekend, I had creamy chicken, mashed taters, eggs'n'bacon'n'sausage'n'gravy'n'biscuits, peach cobbler, and a thick, old-fashioned Hershey chocolate milkshake from a country store. After all that food I was surprised to lose anything! So I'm proud of that number. It brought me up to 28.75 pounds lost.

I like TOPS - it's kind of like Weight Watchers but without the products - you follow whatever diet your doctor recommends and if you don't know, they have a few you can try out (for free of course). The first Monday of the month we have awards and I won "Biggest Loser" for August (8.25 pounds) and got an award for 5 losses in a row. It's nice to have the recognition, and to talk about weight loss with people who are going through it so you don't bore the other people in your life! 

Congratulations...that is awesome.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done to all the losers

That's some great work people.
I gained 600 gms. I'm back lifting weights and my trainer said I'm not allowed to lose weight. He assures me I will burn fat with my workouts. So the aim is for my weight to go up and my waist line to go down. I forgot to measure but I did my belt up on a smaller notch so I'm happy with that
I would love to be where you are at, where the goal is building muscle and changing measurements :)  Well done!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lost 1.25 this week. Down 10.5 lbs.  Going out for dinner or a nice lunch Saturday to celebrate our 6th Anniversary.  Not marriage, we use 9/13 because it has special significance in our relationship.  Known him really 6-1/2 years but that was the date we kind of made it "official" that we were indeed in love and a couple 
  Trying to find someplace where we won't be blowing it completely (he's doing Weight Watchers with me now) but might just say the heck with that and go where we want!

Congrats to everyone, even if you didn't lose.  It's still an achievement to continue trying.
Congratulations, enjoy your anniversary.  I find sometimes the simplest of things work well as treats when eating out - a great grilled steak with salad really does float my boat..lol. Lobster---yep, anytime, or a great piece of cooked fish with say wonderful asparagus or broccolini alongside.  Just pick a restaurant and review the menu beforehand - pick a couple of "meals" that will work and then pick the one that suits best that day when you are there.  Works well for me!

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a note, I'm so happy today that I am seeing a 179+ for the second time in less than a week.  I hope to see this at least once more if not several more times before next Monday :)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Congratulations, enjoy your anniversary.  I find sometimes the simplest of things work well as treats when eating out - a great grilled steak with salad really does float my boat..lol. Lobster---yep, anytime, or a great piece of cooked fish with say wonderful asparagus or broccolini alongside.  Just pick a restaurant and review the menu before hand - pick a couple of "meals" that will work and then pick the one that suits best that day when you are there.  Works well for me!
Thanks Pat!

Also, I've been doing this already.  We may go back to a restaurant we tried a few weeks back that specialized in food that is both fresh,and locally grown and raised.  It was served "Tapas" style, small plates and you pick and choose/mix and match to share.  Lots of seafood and veggie options, all ingredients listed on the menu so it's easy to figure out.  They even have a raw bar 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Pat!

Also, I've been doing this already.  We may go back to a restaurant we tried a few weeks back that specialized in food that is both fresh,and locally grown and raised.  It was served "Tapas" style, small plates and you pick and choose/mix and match to share.  Lots of seafood and veggie options, all ingredients listed on the menu so it's easy to figure out.  They even have a raw bar 
That sounds wonderful, I'd go there in a heartbeat!  Have a wonderful celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.