The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been creeping on this thread for about a week now and I think I would like to join. I could use all the support I can get!

A couple months ago I was over 150lbs for the first time in my life... it was incredibly disheartening. I was always a little bigger as a kid but being in martial arts and soccer for 10+ years helped me slim out. Since being out of high school and moving to Georgia I have put on somewhere between 10-15lbs.

I would like to get back to 135-140lbs. 

Help!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys, and congrats to everyone else who posted positive changes this past week :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A very Happy Birthday to you, Pat! And congratulations! I think you just rock.
TY so much.  Of course, now my weight is going up daily...man, with all the exercise I've had since Saturday, and how well I thought I was balancing my food!  Humpf.  However, I know it will stop and the numbers go back down, if I just keep on plan.  I used to just throw up my hands and have a food-pity party.  No more...lol.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TY so much.  Of course, now my weight is going up daily...man, with all the exercise I've had since Saturday, and how well I thought I was balancing my food!  Humpf.  However, I know it will stop and the numbers go back down, if I just keep on plan.  I used to just throw up my hands and have a food-pity party.  No more...lol.
Good job Pat. Stay strong. You are awesome :D

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My weigh in day with Weight Watchers is Thursdays.  So, down another pound.  5.30  lbs down in 3 weeks. Just another 60 or so to go LOL.  

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My weigh in day with Weight Watchers is Thursdays.  So, down another pound.  5.30  lbs down in 3 weeks. Just another 60 or so to go LOL.  
Yay for you :clap: good work

I weighed in this morning. I ate sugar on frid for the first time and then again on Saturday night. I over ate on Saturday night full stop. Sunday I paid for it. I felt unwell all day. So it's not a shock that I've gained 400 gms. I think that's about a pound.

Good luck to everyone else.

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been on vacation and did pretty well at eating healthy. I had one day I was so hungry I ate way too much pizza. But with all the extra walking we did I still managed to lose weight. 2 pounds. So happy about that because vacations can be hard.

I won't be doing as much this week while I heal from vacation. I was such a clutz last week. I am covered in bruises and scrapes. No pain no gain, right? ;)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a good loss for a week, especially since you had a big splurge.  Vacations can be so difficult to navigate when watching your food intake.  I have my office summer party coming up this week but luckily (or not depending on how you look at it) I have physical therapy already scheduled for that night, so can't go.  I'm actually relieved since the place is known for their unusual cocktails.  I'm not much of a drinker but I probably would have indulged and subsequently eaten far too much!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congratulations..well done.  Let me tell you, I've been the queen of slow and steady these past 3+ years.  It adds up :)  Just keep on going.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a slight gain this week (headed up after my birthday then slowly coming back down.  Saw a 186+ again today for the first time in about a week!).  I gained .67 of a pound.  Given that we ate out 5 times last week, went to voo-doo doughnuts in Portland, I'm pretty happy with that being all.  I got TONS of exercise, and really did my best to balance.  At no time did I throw up my hands and take a day or a meal off (though there was one meal where I ate more than I should have of a fritter..knew it and did it anyway - as part of a balanced dinner..still it wasn't well balanced enough!).

Onward.  It would be beyond silly to get in the dumps and quit at 180 pounds off..I mean really.  I only have 48 pounds to go...onward I say!  ;-)

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Weighed in this morning at 147lbs... that's a loss of approximately 3lbs in the last week! Woohoo!

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to all of you who lost! Stay strong!

I lost 1 lb last week, adding to a total of 25 lb since I started this journey. I think the hard time starts now, because I am going on vacation and I will not be seeing my nutritionist for three weeks. Out of these three weeks, two weeks I will do the cooking, but there is this one week when I will be eating out only. I so hope I will stay on track.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While this mornings weight was up a lot, my past week was great, for a loss of 1.8 pounds - all of what I'd gained last week plus another pound plus.  My new weight by average is 186.17, for a total of lost now of 181.83 pounds :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is everybody??  When I'm the only one posting, that's not good....

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm here!  I just find it difficult to post sometimes.

Thursday is weigh in day for me as I mentioned.  At this point, I'm anticipating a total loss of 7.5 since I started 5 weeks ago.  It's coming off slowly, much more than when I was younger.  Being 55, hormones, recovering from knee surgery, desk job, hasn't helped.  But, it IS coming off, and that's what does matter.  

I'm a bit concerned about this weekend.  My DIL is coming to visit, which usually leads to overeating.  We told her that we're trying hard to watch ourselves, and asked if it was ok not to fill the house with all the junk she likes (she too, really needs to lose weight). Thankfully, she agreed except for wanting a small bag of Bugles, which I bought.  We don't like them, so that helps lol.  Taking her out for a birthday dinner but, going somewhere that has good choices and even "small plates" so it shouldn't be too damaging!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm here!  I just find it difficult to post sometimes.

Thursday is weigh in day for me as I mentioned.  At this point, I'm anticipating a total loss of 7.5 since I started 5 weeks ago.  It's coming off slowly, much more than when I was younger.  Being 55, hormones, recovering from knee surgery, desk job, hasn't helped.  But, it IS coming off, and that's what does matter.  

I'm a bit concerned about this weekend.  My DIL is coming to visit, which usually leads to overeating.  We told her that we're trying hard to watch ourselves, and asked if it was ok not to fill the house with all the junk she likes (she too, really needs to lose weight). Thankfully, she agreed except for wanting a small bag of Bugles, which I bought.  We don't like them, so that helps lol.  Taking her out for a birthday dinner but, going somewhere that has good choices and even "small plates" so it shouldn't be too damaging!
Congratulations...slow works just fine, just read over my story :)  I find planning makes all the difference.  Researching the restaurant before I go, planning foods for the weekend, so I don't end up in that, I'm hungry, what's in the house limbo.  I like knowing what I am going to have for dinner by the start of the day!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Congratulations...slow works just fine, just read over my story :)  I find planning makes all the difference.  Researching the restaurant before I go, planning foods for the weekend, so I don't end up in that, I'm hungry, what's in the house limbo.  I like knowing what I am going to have for dinner by the start of the day!
I do the same thing.  I already logged in my lunch and dinner since I know what I'm having.  Planning ahead, really does make a big impact on my eating habits.  

BTW, I have read your story :)  I had lost a lot of weight some years back also - took about 9 months and kept it off for a couple of years.  Until...I hurt myself...again.  Like I mentioned, for me these go hand in hand.  Being disabled, even temporarily, is not diet friendly 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I do the same thing.  I already logged in my lunch and dinner since I know what I'm having.  Planning ahead, really does make a big impact on my eating habits.  

BTW, I have read your story :)  I had lost a lot of weight some years back also - took about 9 months and kept it off for a couple of years.  Until...I hurt myself...again.  Like I mentioned, for me these go hand in hand.  Being disabled, even temporarily, is not diet friendly 
The hardest thing I've ever had to deal with, and this is not an exaggeration, was when I damaged my knee and became so limited in my mobility some years ago.  It changed our lives for several years, as what I could do dropped so severely, and my husband picked up what I could no longer do.  My greatest wish was to get off the nsaid I was on, ditch the cane, and get back to being mobile.   I wish you all the best as you continue recovering from the knee surgery..things should only get better and better :)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Pat.  It's the 3rd time I've had arthroscopic on my knees.  Had it years ago in both years in separate incidents.  Then, last summer I fell again in my kitchen and messed up the right one - 2 tears.  I'm sure I'll be a candidate for replacement 10 years from now.  At this time, I'm almost done with my PT, although they think I'd benefit from a few more weeks and I have to agree.  I'm walking so much better, and my range of motion is good but still have lingering pain in the bottom of the kneecap - which is probably due to needing more strengthening.  My BF, has been wonderful throughout the past year.  I have to give him a ton of credit for totally being the one picking up after us and the cats for nearly a year.  All I want at this point is to be able to walk normally, do a quick sprint around slow commuters, and bend to tie my shoes more easily LOL.  

Status
Not open for further replies.