The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have another tiny loss, but I will take it any day over any kind of gain.  I lost .56 of a pound this past week, for a new weight by average of 189.6.

My goal/wish was to be in the 180s by my birthday end of July, and I made it.  Total now lost is 178.4 pounds. I officially have LESS than 50 pounds to go now.

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, so I'm joining your merry little thread.

I just rejoined Weight Watchers.  This last year, I gained a stupid amount of weight due to my knee injury and subsequent recovery.  I literally had days where walking was nearly impossible and, standing to cook dinner equally as terrible.  So, we resorted to many nights of fast food.  Just an awful way to live.

I had promised myself that once I was past the worst of it, that I would start paying attention.  Timing coincided with my yearly physical, and while healthy in all other ways, certainly at 55 I should start to take better care of myself, as things can only get worse over time if ignored.

I'm pretty good at sticking it out once I get motivated.  It's 1-1/2 weeks, lost 4 pounds already so I'm pleased.  I'm not looking to lose fast, I'm fine with slow and steady.  The last time I was serious about WW, I lost 60 pounds in about 8 months, and kept it off for a couple of years until I re-injured myself (each time I gain a lot it centers around physical problem; once a bad hip problem, then 3 knee issues - gosh I'm a klutz).  I also was tracking with FitDay then just to keep an eye on protein/carbs/fat ratios but, don't think  I need to be quite as obsessive this time since I pretty much know what foods are good and which are not. 

So if I can do the same, it would get me back down to a more reasonable weight for my height (still too much, but one I feel and look ok at).  My high?  230 and I'm only 5' tall.  The lowest I've been in the last 20 years or so is 169 and I'd be totally over the moon if I could get there again.  

My BF, thankfully, is joining me this time around.  He could stand to loose also since he was eating the same garbage I was for the past year.  It does help, to have a partner who desires the same outcome, and to be a motivator for each other.

I'm going to start reading this thread from the beginning to get to know everyone who is involved, and for encouragement.  Best of luck to all - it really is a tough thing to do.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I'm joining your merry little thread.

I just rejoined Weight Watchers.  This last year, I gained a stupid amount of weight due to my knee injury and subsequent recovery.  I literally had days where walking was nearly impossible and, standing to cook dinner equally as terrible.  So, we resorted to many nights of fast food.  Just an awful way to live.

I had promised myself that once I was past the worst of it, that I would start paying attention.  Timing coincided with my yearly physical, and while healthy in all other ways, certainly at 55 I should start to take better care of myself, as things can only get worse over time if ignored.

I'm pretty good at sticking it out once I get motivated.  It's 1-1/2 weeks, lost 4 pounds already so I'm pleased.  I'm not looking to lose fast, I'm fine with slow and steady.  The last time I was serious about WW, I lost 60 pounds in about 8 months, and kept it off for a couple of years until I re-injured myself (each time I gain a lot it centers around physical problem; once a bad hip problem, then 3 knee issues - gosh I'm a klutz).  I also was tracking with FitDay then just to keep an eye on protein/carbs/fat ratios but, don't think  I need to be quite as obsessive this time since I pretty much know what foods are good and which are not. 

So if I can do the same, it would get me back down to a more reasonable weight for my height (still too much, but one I feel and look ok at).  My high?  230 and I'm only 5' tall.  The lowest I've been in the last 20 years or so is 169 and I'd be totally over the moon if I could get there again.  

My BF, thankfully, is joining me this time around.  He could stand to loose also since he was eating the same garbage I was for the past year.  It does help, to have a partner who desires the same outcome, and to be a motivator for each other.

I'm going to start reading this thread from the beginning to get to know everyone who is involved, and for encouragement.  Best of luck to all - it really is a tough thing to do.
:wavey: Welcome.. You are doing great. Good job.

Well done Pat. :clap:

I did an average this week. I wanted to take my weight for yesterday because it was a loss but I had already decided on an average so that's what I'm counting. I had a gain of 200gms. That's a tiny amount so I'm not too worried. I ate way too many salted pistachios one night and that set me back. I think I need to ban them. They are way too delicious. ;)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really know how much I lost this past week, because the "official" scale broke down (the one at my nutritionist) :lol3: This really amuses me. My scale showed a 2 pounds loss, so I'll go with that.

On one hand I am starting to get the hang of this, I mean I am starting to see what works (for a few weeks my nutritionist put me on different diets/dieting styles to see what works better) and I am starting to understand how I should eat for the rest of my life. I used to have dinner the biggest meal of the day, and then I was asleep in half an hour. I am starting to make peace with the salad and small portion of protein I am eating now 4 hours before I go to sleep. But on the other hand, I am sad that I will not be able to eat chocolate cake, and pizza and McDonald's without suffering the consequences. I mean I know in the long run a slice of pizza won't kill me, but I do not want to eat a slice of pizza. I want to eat a whole pizza with wedges on the side, and then some icecream and beer. And I know I have a sick relationship with food (as I love it too much), but it's only more frustrating that my mother is 30 pounds lighter than me and she never craves anything.

Sorry for the rant/confessions. I am still trying to understand that I am not dieting, I am just eating as I should. Forever.
Well done :clap:

I actually lost weight last week. First time in awhile. Over a pound too. So excited about that.
Well done to you too. :clap:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wavey: Welcome.. You are doing great. Good job.

Well done Pat. :clap:

I did an average this week. I wanted to take my weight for yesterday because it was a loss but I had already decided on an average so that's what I'm counting. I had a gain of 200gms. That's a tiny amount so I'm not too worried. I ate way too many salted pistachios one night and that set me back. I think I need to ban them. They are way too delicious. ;)
Pistachios are a big trigger for me. A serving is something like 10 nuts. 10! So, I don't bother lol.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You all did a great job! Kudos! OMG, Pat, keep it up!!

Got on the scales this morning....I've gained a pound. Probably from the cookies over the weekend. 

Last edited:

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
tammat tammat my weakness is natural peanut butter. Just peanuts and salt and I can eat a jar in 3 days if I let myself.

irinasak irinasak I'm having scale problems too. My husband moved the scale and while he was cleaning the scale got burried under a pile of heavy books. When I found it my weight was way to high. I cleaned it with some wet wipes and my weight dropped over 1#. Then I blew a can of air into each foot and my weight jumped up 0.6#. So now I don't know what I weigh. It's accurate if I put hand weights on it to test it. But my hubby's weight went up almost the same amount.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I totally cleared out our fridge/cabinets from any junk and trigger foods before we started the other week.  In fact, it gave me a good excuse to purge things which were out-of-date (who knew pasta had a shelf life?).  Certain items had to go: peanut butter was one because my partner can't resist it.  Also, fruit juices - wasted calories, better to eat a piece of fruit.  He would go through bottles of those a week; orange, grapefruit, V8, whatever (the V8 we are keeping but are making a point not to go overboard with it).  For me, chips are a big trigger so out those went.  So there's just nothing there to go crazy with; no ice cream, no chocolate, nothing.  

Also, for me, I hate lowfat foods other than milk (I grew up on skim and 1% milk so that's easy for me to drink).  I would rather have a smaller portion of something I love; i.e..; grate a bit of good quality cheddar on a turkey burger,  than put a gob of something made out of things besides actual food  on it.  Or find another way to cook favorite foods so they don't come in as calorie dense.

We use olive oil a lot at home in general, very little butter so that's my main cooking fat.  

Keeping those trigger foods out of the house really helps.  I'm not the type to go out for a drive if I want something so, I just live without.

Oh and bought a new scale.  Our old one would give different weights each time you stepped on it.  This new one is accurate.  Was exactly what I weighed at the doctor, and each time I step on it on the same day, it registers the same each try.  I think I'm going to invest in a kitchen scale next.  I'm pretty good at estimating portion sizes of protein but being sure is way better.  

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told my husband last night that I'm not buying pistachios anymore. Technically they are for him. He was not happy. The most important thing is that his wife is happy though. Right? :lol3:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I told my husband last night that I'm not buying pistachios anymore. Technically they are for him. He was not happy. The most important thing is that his wife is happy though. Right?
Happy wife, happy life as the saying goes.

Works in my home 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday morning here. I did an average again for the week and I've gone down 200g. It's tiny but it's down not up!!!
I also read an easy formula to follow for female weight loss. Multiply your body weight in pounds by 12. If you want to gain muscle ( which is what I'm trying to do) multiply your weight by 14. I'm giving it a try. It means I still need to reduce my calories so I'll let you all know how it goes for me.

Good luck everyone. You can do this.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Checking in - Tammat reminded me!

And yes, even losing a little is an accomplishment.

Heck, I remember weeks the last time I was trying to lose that even if I didn't lose or gain, that was ok also.  Sometimes, a week may go by where you plateau for a while.

I've been on WW for just over 2 weeks now. Lost 5.5 pounds, very happy.

Really not having a tough time keeping to a plan.  I think perhaps I've finally realized it's not only about weight loss for appearances sake but, at 55 I should really start taking better care of myself than I have been.  Add in knees which have been compromised over the years (one, twice) and the extra weight surely can't be helping matters.

Onward!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap:
Checking in - Tammat reminded me!
And yes, even losing a little is an accomplishment.
Heck, I remember weeks the last time I was trying to lose that even if I didn't lose or gain, that was ok also.  Sometimes, a week may go by where you plateau for a while.

I've been on WW for just over 2 weeks now. Lost 5.5 pounds, very happy.
Really not having a tough time keeping to a plan.  I think perhaps I've finally realized it's not only about weight loss for appearances sake but, at 55 I should really start taking better care of myself than I have been.  Add in knees which have been compromised over the years (one, twice) and the extra weight surely can't be helping matters.

Onward!
:clap: Good work.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a quick post - lost 2.27 pounds this past week - new weight by average is 187.33.  I'm very happy as my goal was to be in the 180s by average, by my birthday, which is today. I lost just under 75 pounds since my birthday last year.

By next year, I'll have been in maintenance for a couple of months at 140, and be working on yoga and some strength training, want to tighten up the loose skin as much as I can and build muscle for my elderly years.  I already find it jarring to see my collarbones, hip bones etc.  I don't want to be boney!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy birthday, Pat!!!!! Well done to you. :clap:

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Just a quick post - lost 2.27 pounds this past week - new weight by average is 187.33.  I'm very happy as my goal was to be in the 180s by average, by my birthday, which is today. I lost just under 75 pounds since my birthday last year.

By next year, I'll have been in maintenance for a couple of months at 140, and be working on yoga and some strength training, want to tighten up the loose skin as much as I can and build muscle for my elderly years.  I already find it jarring to see my collarbones, hip bones etc.  I don't want to be boney!
Happy birthday and congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.