The Wait is Killing Me

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no sign here watched her trying to clean herself last night she was really struggling so she gave in feel really sorry for her x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No babies yet but tonight I heard a bubbling noise from her stomach. I have never heard this before from her? She's spent most of the last few days nesting and licking (not her privates) just everywhere else. I hope this babies come before I lose my mind lol.

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well a lot changed in 2 hours. She was sitting in my window and when she got up there was a clear fluid. I thought it was water...i touched it and it was slimy I guess is the way to describe it. It was like slippery. Now she's acting jumpy and aggitated. I don't know if this means anything or not but I hope so!!

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed for you both there's still nothing here she is still eating loads and read some were they go off food when in beginning of labour so not looking like it's happening yet this waiting is killing me x:rbheart:

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hoped for kittens when I woke up but no such luck. She may be upset because I blocked her from going under my bed yesterday. It shouldn't be long now but I feel like this is taking forever!

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really think she's close. She has bounced from nest to nest all day and has cuddled up to me a few times. The main thing Is she is licking quite a bit and has been meowing at me a lot. Which is unusual for her.

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope it is for you still none here I'm hoping can't be long x

ayeshajae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Reading your posts is so suspenseful, need closure hehe

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol...me too! After all her acting strange she went right back to normal. Though she hasn't eaten much since last night. Maybe today? This is the week she is due.

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So last night about 7 I think Molly started labor. She was meowing at me and going from nest to nest. She has since settled into one place. She has stopped eating. I was just in and she let me rub her stomach (she normally doesnt) while I was doing this her legs were shivering (best way to describe it) is this normal? She is breathing a bit faster but she is pretty much curled in a ball not laying on her side like a lot of sites say will happen in labor. I am so nervous for her, I just need to know that this is normal.

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just spent half hour rubbing her belly she loved it first time she has let me touch her belly hope this is a sign x

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From what you have described, it is hard for me to tell if she is actually in labor or not.

Usually signs of ACTUAL labor (i.e. that it is actually in progress or going to be VERY) soon might include a discharge, increase in breathing rate, persistent licking of the stomach/vagina, and total loss of interest in food. The cat may yowl and pace.  Eventually she will start to intermittently squat and press down trying to expel the klttens.

Some signs that labor is close, but not in progress or about to be in progress near-immediately can be nesting behaviors, discharge from nipples, and either aloof or affectionate behavior to a degree that is greater than normal.

To me, overall, this sounds more like labor that is close but not yet in progress. However, if she is breathing more rapidly than normal it is possible labor is starting.  Is she showing any other symptoms but the nesting and breathing?

If you think something is off, though, better to be safe than sorry and to consult a vet.  There is only so much we can tell from behind computer screens, unfortunately. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. I want just to add, this rubbing of stomach is helping them, letting loose hormons helping with the labor.  So just proceed.

My guess is it sounds fairly normal - but if you hesitate the least, yes, phone your vet. Shehe will know what follow up questions to give.

*vibes!*

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she is licking her abdomen and vagina today. She doesn't appear to be in any distress at all. She is calm and resting. I am going to spend my day in the same room as her and keep an eye on her. I don't want to invade her privacy too much and stress her out.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes she is licking her abdomen and vagina today. She doesn't appear to be in any distress at all. She is calm and resting. I am going to spend my day in the same room as her and keep an eye on her. I don't want to invade her privacy too much and stress her out.
Sounds good!  So we can downgrade the alarm!   :)

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I don't think there's any cause for concern at this point. I was just curious if anybody else experienced this shivering with their cats.

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine was doing that early to when I was rubbing her belly she didn't want me to stop but I had to go pick little one up from pre school

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sure Molly just lost her mucus plug! I was checking to see if it looked like she'd had any discharge and all of a sudden this creamy looking stuff came out. She has cleaned it up and is now back in her nest. This happened on my bed. No sleep for me tonight!