The Wait is Killing Me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel like I should also give my experience to others waiting. She was in fact still eating until a few hours before birth, she never howled at all, the most she did do was meow a little at me the last two days. The mucus plug she lost continued to leak out a little bit for hours. She did link most of it away quickly & I probably only saw some because she is young and not sure what to do. The last few days her mammary glands did get big like bags. I never tried to express milk it was obvious it was there. She started laying around yesterday licking some but mainly just resting again meowing at me randomly I believe at this point she was in stage one labor. From mucus plug loss to first kitten was 10-12 hrs. I hope this helps a bit. Every cat is different I'm sure, but maybe this can calm some nerves.

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh so sweet! It's mad that I want to do it all again isn't it lol, it was so amazing watching it all, I think I'll have to volunteer to foster pregnant cats lol
Fostering is a great idea. Get them when they are 7-8 weeks along then it won't make you so crazy waiting lol!

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations glad all as gone well. There's still no sign of kittens here yet x

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's been 2 hours and she hasn't had another. I'm not sure if there are more or not. I can't tell, if I try to feel her tummy she curls up in a ball and just purrs. Shes feeding the babies and is calm. Sharron they will be here soon I just passed my labor vibes to you ;)

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much sat over a hour last night rubbing her belly she didn't want me to leave in noticed her purring is sounding a bit like she as a cold think that's best way to describe it x

ayeshajae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow so cute did you actually get to see the action :0

How long did it take for her?

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow so cute did you actually get to see the action :0

How long did it take for her?
I did see the second one being born. I was asleep when she had the first one. It was an hour between the two. It's been about 4 hours since the last one was born and I believe that may be all she is having as she isn't showing any labor signs.

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Molly is back to looking thin when she stands up. She is eating and drinking fine and acting normal except one thing. She keeps meowing at me, when I go to her to pet her she wants me to rub her tummy? Do you think she has more? She only has a bulge when laying on her side

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so not the person to ask I was convinced Daisy had more to come as I'd read about Interrupted labour where they act fine and normal between kittens and can go for as long as 24-48 hours before continuing labour and having the rest of the kittens, I only believed Daisy was definitely done once we got to the 3rd day lol

mollysmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol. I actually have decided she just wants love and attention is all. I will say she's a rockstar mom. Very attentive and protective of the babies. I tried transferring them to a box while I changed the messy bedding and when I turned to grab kitten 2 she had kitten 1 in her mouth bringing her back. I was able to get it changed though after "explaining" what I was doing. I don't know after seeing her succeed as a mom I think I love her even more than before. :)

rebacatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I am still waiting on Tara and now the vet may want to see her again. Hopefully she won't need a cesarean.

jezzy bs mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so thankful I'm not the only crazy kitty mom! :) I have been certain "this is it" for days haha. Jezzebel has milk coming from her nipples, slight bloody/brownish discharge, and wants to follow me every where..... but NO CONTRACTIONS :( hmmmm. She is 62 days today. I need some labor vibes sent this way haha!

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There's still no sign here of kittens beginning to think she doesn't want to part with them in keep going over dates and she as got to be this week sending labour vibes to everyone who needs them x

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still none here thought I head kittens crying this morning but it was the birds lol. Feels like been waiting for forever x

jezzy bs mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jezz is wandering the house like a crazy person can't seem to get comfortable :) she also slept with me last night which she never does, and has to be right next to me when I'm in my room (her room). Hopefully we are getting closer!!! She is still eating a lot though. *keeping my fingers crossed* Especially since I am leaving out of town this weekend and my boyfriend will be home with her instead :)  Sharon, it looks like we are in a race for kittens. How many days along is your kitty?

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not 100 percent sure but going from when I first saw them move she should be any time this week. Mine loves her belly been rubbed at moment and nearly sits on you for you to do it.she is still eating well and there's not much movement with the kittens now. She is in her own room and keeps meowing to come out but cos of my little one and other cats it's less stressful for her in there in let her wonder the house when little one is at play school or a sleep she just wants to be with me all the time feeling really sorry for her now she must be fed up now. Hopefully your girl as them before weekend for you how many days is she x

jezzy bs mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 63 days today. I found her laying next to one of her nests completely on her back. She kept rolling back and forth and was and is meowing a lot more. I usually hear her once in a blue moon like when she sees a bird. But this is definitely more vocal. She is laying on the bed next to me but keeps getting up and down and up and down. 

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just popped out to do some shopping to come back to 3 little babies don't know if she as done yet will take pictures later x