The THOMAS and COOPER Show (and friends)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Robin.......just love all the pics, as usual. There is just something so special about each and every one......I love Abby. She is so delicate looking, so precious........Leo is just so royal looking, you just want to squeeze him. Shelby looks SOOO soft...what a beautiful coat she has....and the boys, they are just too sweet for words. I love the Cooper pics you get...what a face! And Thomas, he reminds me so much of his beautiful mother....thanks for all the pics you take. I wish mine were half as good!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love you cat condo pictures! I know I've told you this a million times, but you really are very lucky that they even get near eachother (even if Shelby and Abby spat). I'd think I'd die if I ever saw all five close enough to be in one room together.

Speaking of weight, my hubby took Megan in for an eye problem on Monday (I was at work). They remarked that she her weight had really spiked up (she was spayed around Thanksgiving) and how they would like her to stabilize at the weight she's at now. I didn't ask what she actually weighed but I guess she's getting up there (she's 7 mos old now)!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh Robin.......just love all the pics, as usual. There is just something so special about each and every one......I love Abby. She is so delicate looking, so precious........Leo is just so royal looking, you just want to squeeze him. Shelby looks SOOO soft...what a beautiful coat she has....and the boys, they are just too sweet for words. I love the Cooper pics you get...what a face! And Thomas, he reminds me so much of his beautiful mother....thanks for all the pics you take. I wish mine were half as good!
Thanks Susie. Yeah Shelby is very soft too. She feels like she has rabbit fur actually. I've always said that I think she is half rabbit and half cat because of her fur and because of the way she always kicks those back feet.

And YOUR pics are WONDERFUL! I just don't post the bad ones.
That's the good thing about having a digital camera....I can take loads of pictures and only use the good ones.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

I love you cat condo pictures! I know I've told you this a million times, but you really are very lucky that they even get near eachother (even if Shelby and Abby spat). I'd think I'd die if I ever saw all five close enough to be in one room together.

Speaking of weight, my hubby took Megan in for an eye problem on Monday (I was at work). They remarked that she her weight had really spiked up (she was spayed around Thanksgiving) and how they would like her to stabilize at the weight she's at now. I didn't ask what she actually weighed but I guess she's getting up there (she's 7 mos old now)!
I'm surprised they would want her weight to stabilize NOW at such a young age. Most cats don't even get to their "full" weight until they are about 2 years old. Shelby was always very small and petite and didn't weigh over about 5 lbs until she was over two years old and now she's actually getting kinda fat. (living too much of the good life)

So why don't your kitties like to interact with each other much? All of my cats (with the exception of Shelby and Abby) just love each other and play and sleep together all the time. In fact, Shelby is like the "mom" of the family and is always checking on everybody and bathing everybody. She's always been a little "bossy" and "motherly" ever since I got her. It's funny too because she really keeps the boys in line. If they get too rowdy, she'll get right in their face and hiss at them, (like she's reprimanding) and they immediately stop what they're doing and calm down. She never bites or swats at them........just the "mom voice" she uses is enough to make them behave.
And they just adore her and always want to be near their "Aunt Shelby." It's really interesting to watch the interactions.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heck, I dunno why they don't interact. They are just mean and hateful. To be honest , I have a houseful of jumpy cats. I think for the most part, they are all big chickens and they are all scared of eachother. George chases them all out our bedroom because he thinks it's strictly his room. Mama and Megan don't listen and that freaks him out because he has been successful in scaring the other two. Even if they do get in the same room. They need sufficient space away from each other. If someone touches noses with another there is usually hissing involved (except Megan and Lizbeth seem to want to play most of the time). Tonight I was in 7th Heaven because everyone except Mama were sleeping here in the Family Room with us. Bunch of lazy cats.

I asked hubby - 9 lbs. Megan is 7 mos old and weighs 9 lbs. Now we all know why
She's not fat, though. She's quite a long cat. Plus he knows that my cats tend to be chunky , so he's giving me the warning now.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

I asked hubby - 9 lbs. Megan is 7 mos old and weighs 9 lbs. Now we all know why
She's not fat, though. She's quite a long cat. Plus he knows that my cats tend to be chunky , so he's giving me the warning now.
Well, just like people, it's unhealthy for cats to be overweight, so that's probably why the vet is warning you now. I'm getting a little a worried about Shelby's weight because she's just gained so much weight in the past year or so. (she's 4 years old and weighs about 12-13 pounds and she's always been petite) And now, she's terrible about trying to gobble up the kitten food and eat all their scraps.....and kitten food is so much higher in calories than adult food. I'm constantly having to pull her away from the food bowls while I'm trying to feed the kittens by telling her she doesn't need all those extra calories!
I don't worry so much about Leo, because he's just BIG.......not really that overweight. He's just a large cat.

You do have to be careful about letting your cats get too fat because it will shorten their lifespan........just as in humans. I'm a nurse and I can honestly say that I've never seen a 90-something year old person who was obese. Most people who are severely overweight, don't live to be that old.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had time to catch up with this link and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the new photos: the kitties enjoying their Christmas day and claiming stacks of presents for themselves (your captions are so funny, Robin!), Shelby and Leo taking a snuggle break, Abby looking movie star beautiful as usual, Thomas and his aunt on the cat tree (again, perfect captions!) and little beautiful Thomas on your bedside table (boy he looks comfy!
) and all sweet and snuggly in your lap!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Robin, who mothered the boys more, Abby or Shelby??
Well, up until the boys were 8 weeks old, Abby was the primary caregiver.....nursing, bathing, etc. But once the kittens were introduced to the other cats, I think Shelby pretty much took over at that point. Abby is very young.....probably just over a year old now....so she was more interested in playing and being a kitten herself. She was a good mom, but did seem to get stressed sometimes and actually got really rough with the kittens a few times where I had to take them away from her so she wouldn't hurt them. Shelby has been more of a "role model" I guess, in terms of teaching the kittens how to act and what to do. Now it seems that the boys pay more attention to Shelby than they do Abby. They will play with her and rub up against her all the time and she bathes them and snuggles with them. Abby has turned into a bit of a loner now that the kittens have gotten older. It's kinda sad that she doesn't fit in well with all the others.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i wish abby would fit in well with the others.
so many presents for christmas!! and im sure all of the kitties adored it!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well Robin, I guess you just have to give Abby that much more love then.......
Susie.....I really DO try to give her extra attention.....but she has gotten so skiddish and psycho half the time. She won't let me hold her, yet she'll try to get my attention.....but then when I try to just pet her or spend time with her.....she seems so nervous all the time. I think that Shelby's intimidation has begun to take a toll on her and I really need to get her another home where she can relax a bit and feel more secure.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pictures! They are all so beautiful.
I especially love Shelby, she just looks so cuddly!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to get several cute pictures of Thomas.....but Cooper wasn't being as cooperative. He wanted to run around and play instead. Imagine that.....playing instead of sitting still getting your picture taken. I just don't understand what's wrong with that boy!

Thomas wanting his tummy rubbed.

Look at how grown up he's getting! He doesn't even look like a kitten anymore. He's becoming such a handsome young man. He has the prettiest blue/green eyes that look like mood rings.

Finally got one of the boys together. Even though they don't look like brothers, they sure love each other and are always together.

Thomas has changed so much....he doesn't even look as much like his mom as he used to. Cooper's eyes are actually more like Abby's than Thomas's are.

Princess Shelby acting silly as always.

"Are you almost finished taking pictures? I'm getting REALLY sleepy."

"Yaawwwwnnn. I don't think I can stand up much longer. It's time for my cat nap."

Shelby grooming Cooper. She is ALWAYS grooming him. I guess she gets tired of seeing his nappy hair always in such a mess.
He loves it though...can't you tell?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great new pics! I can't believe how grown up the boys look now!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Great new pics! I can't believe how grown up the boys look now!
I know. I don't notice it since I see them every day. But then when I see their pictures....I think WOW.....they are growing up before my eyes! Sometimes I wish they would stay babies forever.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I need to change my signature soon and put updated pictures of the boys in it.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

I know. I don't notice it since I see them every day. But then when I see their pictures....I think WOW.....they are growing up before my eyes! Sometimes I wish they would stay babies forever.
That's what I felt about Merri, Pippin, and NyghtShade... while they were sleeping
When I look back at the pictures I have of them until they moved out... I wish I could hold and cuddle, and kiss them again. I love kittens
lol