The Secret Santa Discussion Thread

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I'm guessing you are the only Duchess that participated, and she did figure it out earlier today. Check the Secret Santa thread.
I must have missed that post!
I'm really tired. I better head off to bed so I get at least a few hours sleep. Thanks for letting me know!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Has anyone else had their SS not figure out who they had once they received their package?
My recipient still hasn't figured out that I'm her SS, and I've given her several clues already.

I got sooooo excited
when the mailman delivered a package today b/c I thought it was from my Secret Santa, but it wasn't.
It looks as if she/he is really gonna make me wait till Christmas - it's only three days away now!

I guess I won't be turning to the darkside this year!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahhhhhhhhhhhh my package arrived, but I have gone to my parents for the holidays! Luckily my SO is still at home and is going to try to bring my package to my parents on Christmas eve! I hope the post office lets him pick it up or else I'll officially be going crazy until the 29th when I go home!
My SS is evil!! making me wait soooooooooo lonnnnnnnnng
. For the record..... if it came early...... i would have been on the dark side!

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How do you sign up for the SS. I love doing SS's and I guess I joined too late to participate this year.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by klaidman

How do you sign up for the SS. I love doing SS's and I guess I joined too late to participate this year.
next year [usually in August] you'll see a thread that has the info you'll need.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my package today and only opened up the box. Koko found the bag with the treats in it immediately so that bag was opened. Cats live on the dark side. I think I just figured out who my SS is, but I'm not opening up any presents until I get confirmation.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to reassure my SS, I had a PM from Karen the other day that my parcel should arrive before Christmas, so I'm on the lookout. However -- given Mother Nature's snow activities around here lately (hardly even noticable compared to other parts of the country, but nonetheless significant here) I'm not counting on deliveries to be happening "as expected". So, if I don't post receipt and delight as soon as you expect, there's probably nothing to worry about -- it's just that things aren't running quite normally -- and I'll just be anticipating a little longer.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard anything from my secret santa this year.

No, it's on the way or anything that I have noticed.

Am I missing something??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

I haven't heard anything from my secret santa this year.

No, it's on the way or anything that I have noticed.

Am I missing something??
are you saying you know who yours is?
several people posted that the things they shipped should arrive today, i remember reading them. but until your gift arrives, the identity of your SS is supposed to be an unknown...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ss got her package today.
I tracked it.

Type: Package Status: Delivered Delivered On: 12/22/2008
4:57 P.M. Delivered To: LAFAYETTE, CA, US Service: GROUND

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

are you saying you know who yours is?
several people posted that the things they shipped should arrive today, i remember reading them. but until your gift arrives, the identity of your SS is supposed to be an unknown...
no, i have no idea who my ss is

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My package to _________ should have been delivered, but all of this snow is making me worried it could be late. They're getting the same storms we are.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually mailed a package out yesterday about noon. I was going to go priority mail, when the clerk told me that parcel post is running the same amount of time (2 days) as priority right now. Unless I overnighted it, they couldn't guarantee a Christmas delivery. Sorry, I wasn't going to spend $25 for shipping a $10 present.

So barring any bad weather (which half the country is suffering from), the US mail service is back on track.

Maybe we should ask everyone to stop wishing for a white Christmas right now?!?!?

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to whoever my SS is!
I want you to know technically I recieved the package...... however the post office won't let my SO pick it up, even though his license and mail shows we share an address...... I'm very sad about this as he is coming to my parents tomorrow for christmas eve (I left yesterday to visit my parents for a week).
I told him to tell me to atleast hold it!! I hope they don't send it back because I'm at my parents for a week! So don't expect any pictures etc. until the new year!

sorry
It's killllllllllllllllllling me!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

to whoever my SS is!
I want you to know technically I recieved the package...... however the post office won't let my SO pick it up, even though his license and mail shows we share an address...... I'm very sad about this as he is coming to my parents tomorrow for christmas eve (I left yesterday to visit my parents for a week).
I told him to tell me to atleast hold it!! I hope they don't send it back because I'm at my parents for a week! So don't expect any pictures etc. until the new year!

sorry
It's killllllllllllllllllling me!
AARRRGHHH!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the eleventh day of Christmas my SS gave to me....

NOTHING!!

I reckon I never should have said that I wanted to wait till Christmas to open my gifts!

No dark side for me this year.
Do I still get a cookie?