The Secret Santa Discussion Thread

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I know I just mailed my package yesterday, but I keep checking the Santa thread to see if she got it! This is more exciting that actually getting the present, I think. The post office said Monday or Tuesday, but I keep thinking maybe they worked a miracle or something and it gets there today.
Ok, I need valium....and chocolate!
That is how I feel. I can't wait until my SS gets her package and I really hope she likes it because I had so much fun putting it together. I am just wanting to see her reaction!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So funny. All these packages winging their ways to all the corners of the globe. But who is sending what to who???? And does that 'who' know who they are??

I love reading this thread.

I'm so busy these last few days. I've had 5 packages go out to relatives and now I'm sending Heidi a package (that was supposed to go out in July....eeek!....yes, way late) so my fingers are tired!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this really stinks! I went Christmas shopping over the weekend and kept finding things that my recipent would have loved! Problem is, I mailed the package on Friday.
I found more presents for my SS than I did for my family! I really gotta get out of the "cat" mind frame (but, I do have ideas for next year!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder:

If at any point you realize you will not be able to honor your SS commitment, please let either myself, Chester&Piper or clixpix know. It's better for everyone that we find out sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Also, I just came from the Post Office and it is taking at least two weeks for some Parcel Post packages delivered. Please keep this in mind when shipping your packages.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Also, I just came from the Post Office and it is taking at least two weeks for some Parcel Post packages delivered. Please keep this in mind when shipping your packages.
Yup - I mailed a package on the 3rd that just arrived this morning (13 days). So if you are waiting until the last minute to mail out your presents, you might need to consider Priority Mail right now. I doubt that Parcel Post will make it in time for Christmas.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Yup - I mailed a package on the 3rd that just arrived this morning (13 days). So if you are waiting until the last minute to mail out your presents, you might need to consider Priority Mail right now. I doubt that Parcel Post will make it in time for Christmas.
I shipped mine priority and it got there in 3 days and the cost wasn't bad at all... under $10.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I sent mine priority mail and they said it should be delivered yesterday or today at the latest. The price difference was only about $5.00 for my package (I was suprised!) so it is worth it.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Mine may not be mailed.
I am trying to decide weather to take it to the person or mail it.
How did you get such a close secret recipient? That is soooo cool! I would be speechless, probably tear up if my Secret Santa came to visit me!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

How did you get such a close secret recipient? That is soooo cool! I would be speechless, probably tear up if my Secret Santa came to visit me!
Aw that's so cute! I think that would be amazing to meet your Secret Santa!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well will you look at that.

Your item arrived at the delivery Post Office in XXXXXX at 8:46 AM on December 17, 2008.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am stupid excited to get my gift! Everyone here and Maia are who I'm spending Christmas with! I can't even find someone to go to the movies on Christmas day with me, I want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
SO excited to receive our gift and to hear when our gift is received!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

So I guess I can expect my parcel tomorrow then, or at least the delivery notice.
Sorry Fran, but my recipient has confirmed receipt of the package.
Right country, but a little to the East.