The Secret Santa Discussion Thread

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I know my recipient received the package, so, unless there's some tradition gift-opening day I don't know about, I'm guessing they're not going to post about it.
Have you seen them online? They could be away for christmas, have no internet access, or they could be waiting until they upload photos before they post their thank you? Maybe they can't figure out which member Mike Blanche is to say thanks to

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the same position! I know the package was received. I just hope mine was opened and that she is away.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the bad weather in various parts of the country messed up delivery service everywhere. We haven't had any real bad weather here, but my package has been delayed getting here (thanks Karen for keeping me informed as the go-between from my SS and me!). Of course, she said it's been sitting in the depot in Denver for a few days, so maybe they just don't want to deliver any more packages for a while?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the rest of them arrive soon!

That's why I ship early. Its nice to try to plan it to arrive right before Christmas, but with the large mail volume, along with unexpected bad weather... seems there is always a delay somewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I think the bad weather in various parts of the country messed up delivery service everywhere. We haven't had any real bad weather here, but my package has been delayed getting here (thanks Karen for keeping me informed as the go-between from my SS and me!). Of course, she said it's been sitting in the depot in Denver for a few days, so maybe they just don't want to deliver any more packages for a while?
I think Fran's package has been sitting in a depot in Vancouver for a week.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also know mine was recieved but she has yet to post about it. I hope shes enjoying the presents I sent..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I think Fran's package has been sitting in a depot in Vancouver for a week.
Apparently that's what the tracking reports. If the parcel doesn't appear before the load of dirty mashed potatoes
in our lane diminishes enough to get the car out, I'll ask you to get the tracking info from the sender and see if that plus appropriate ID will be sufficient for them to release it to me. All those depots are at the airport and it's not far to go, once I'm onto the street, which is in decent condition now.

I'll bet there's a fair bit of that kind of delay happening, given how crappy and weird the weather has been all over.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I'll bet there's a fair bit of that kind of delay happening, given how crappy and weird the weather has been all over.
It's lovely here in the Bay Area of California

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

It's lovely here in the Bay Area of California

My SS parcel was finally delivered today!
Now I hope that everything stayed in the package and wasn't taken/eaten/destroyed by customs.

I've been so mad with this courier. I paid for 4 day delivery and it took them double that to deliver it. I want my money back!

Maybe I should have delivered it myself!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

My SS parcel was finally delivered today!
Now I hope that everything stayed in the package and wasn't taken/eaten/destroyed by customs.

I've been so mad with this courier. I paid for 4 day delivery and it took them double that to deliver it. I want my money back!

Maybe I should have delivered it myself!
Ooh, now there's an idea. And you could have visited with the reicipient. Do you think she figured out the earlier clues?

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no snow here, so shipping should be no problem. I have not received my package yet...just in case my SS wanted to know.....

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

There is no snow here, so shipping should be no problem. I have not received my package yet...just in case my SS wanted to know.....

No snow here, either: I'm in Texas, too.

Must be a Texas thing..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

might be snow/ice where it's coming from, tho...
Considering that's most of the country, you're probably right..

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also am waiting anxiously for my gift! Was told it was definitely sent! Mail is always crazy over the holidays, either really quick, or really late!

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I also know mine was recieved but she has yet to post about it. I hope shes enjoying the presents I sent..
Yea mine too... I just posted in the other thread who I had since Christmas is over..

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Have you seen them online? They could be away for christmas, have no internet access, or they could be waiting until they upload photos before they post their thank you? Maybe they can't figure out which member Mike Blanche is to say thanks to
They posted they received it, but were waiting for Christmas to open it. I haven't seen them on recently.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

Yea mine too... I just posted in the other thread who I had since Christmas is over..
Originally Posted by mrblanche

They posted they received it, but were waiting for Christmas to open it. I haven't seen them on recently.
Catfriend was on earlier today - she posted in Smudge's Cafe.