The Positive Post (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two things: Another copy of my book has sold via Amazon... yay!!!

Second one starts with a bad thing... While at work on Monday, I had put my break snack on my sweatshirt next to the microwaves in the breakroom. At break, I had my 'cookies' (Starbucks mini vanilla scones), then went back to the floor. I came back at the end of my shift to find my hoodie sweatshirt gone. Couldn't find it anywhere. Security couldn't figure out who picked it up from the cameras... thing was that it was my jacket... my outerwear. A friend lent me hers to get home... I put a note out that if anyone saw it get picked up or picked it up by accident, to please return it.

The good news: It's been returned. Sitting in the spot where I had last seen it Monday. My friend and I will be doing some serious embellishing on that thing when I get it tomorrow. As one of the managers said: it's not like it was a cashmere coat... it's a sweatshirt, why would someone steal it? ... and I agree. We're going with that someone thought it was theirs and picked it up by accident... I'm just glad it's back.

Amanda

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats RubSluts'Mommy, on both accounts!

One of my co-workers brought in a baby Christmas cactus for me this morning. His mother had it and she thought I might like to add it to the Green Menagerie, as we're now starting to call my cube because of all the plants.

His mom's a sweetie. When I make baked goods, I always make sure he takes some home to her.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amanda, how strange! But - YAY! right?
And congrats on the sale!!!!!!

Today is another day in a string of long, bad days.... and I am EXTREMELY thankful for a wonderful friend who has a way of getting straight to the heart of the matter and putting things just right.
A big ray of sunshine I really needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy to have helped several people, and making them smile.
I am happy that I am on the right track to making my life healthy in all forms.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm positive today because it is Wednesday and it Wednesday will bring forth many adventures for me - including cat food shopping, work and laundry!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It stopped raining. We have a lot of closed roads due to flooding and there will be a lot of damage in the area. We had 3 inches of rain Sunday into Monday.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful for a very good friend helping me through a panicky situation...
I'm glad I got done the things I needed to get done this weekend...

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im glad that, that light at the end of the tunnel is starting to shine a little bit more, ive got an advisor coming out to help me keep my car rather than repo it

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The sun is shining and, although it is very cold outside, it looks beautiful. (I love sunny weather!)

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

The sun is shining and, although it is very cold outside, it looks beautiful. (I love sunny weather!)
Ditto! I love it when it's like this, and today we have sunshine galore!

I went over to my favourite town by train this morning and the journey was wonderful, and I spent some time relaxing in my regular Cafe, just looking out the window with a view of the Cathedral right in front of me....loved it!
I even took a walk inside there once I'd finished my coffee, lit a small candle too!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so pleased that the two little feral kitties and the older kitty that looks JUST like Spooky made it through the cold weather and are still coming by each day!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a bit too excited while shopping things for cats..
But now I don't need to buy kittylitter for a loooong time (it was on sale).
Tomorrow I should go shopping a bit more if I'm feeling well enough. I love buying things I don't need, it makes me happy.

I also got new meds today which should finally help me get some sleep!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I was feeling so stressed about work and was just taking 5 minutes out to go for a walk outside. I bumped into a colleague who had just arrived and he made all the stress go away by saying something so totally random it just made me really laugh. He said "I'm gutted my favourite helicoptor just landed at (nearby airfield) and I have to come to work, I want to go look at it"
Sometimes it takes something so different to make you realise there are other things in life and work isn't everything.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

AJ - glad you're keeping the car!

Jessy - you are so right!

I forgot to pick up the cat food outside last night, and we're pretty sure it was a skunk and a possum... my positive thought for today is that I am so glad it wasn't ME that scared the skunk!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the most beautiful card in the mail today. It made me cry
in a good way....and with it were some stickers that I love and some magnets that are on my fridge.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thankful because unlike other places in the world, I don't have to pay for my upcoming surgery.....very thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.