The Positive Post (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got up the energy to start an exercise program. I found my stomach muscles again after doing a bunch of scrunches yesterday. When you hit my age, that is a very good feeling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very thankful for a brief surprising visit from a friend.... we've drifted, even tho she was my bridesmaid 2.5yrs ago and lives around the corner.... things changed when I became injured and unable to go over to her place all the time (she does home daycare ).

Anyways, we've begun to sort our friendship out, and apologise for not being very good friends, not being there when needed, etc.

She surprised me at lunch time, showing up at my door with lunch from Timmys.

It was on a day I needed it (some serious emotional crap going on), a wonderfully pleasant surprise, and it made me smile.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wanna jinx myself, but I had an awesome bit of serendipity yesterday. If anyof you are friends with me on Facebook, you'd have seen my numerous posts about it...

basically: ran into owner of store, in front of store. chatted. they're hiring. I told him my 'credentials' he seemed interested. I practically skipped home. Brought my resume back. they're interviewing next week. I'd be able to walk to work.

Soooo.... yeah... I'm hoping and praying and all that jazz...

Amanda

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm positive because friends still like me even when I'm having my own stoopid pity party :p

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
im so thankfull that i can put my feet up after doing a 10 and a half hour shift in the pub i was actually there for 13and a half hours but i had 2 long breaks

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every day is a gift from God. I am thankful to be in my sixties, take no medicine and have no pain. I am blessed with wonderful husband who spoils me all the time. Life is good.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so thankful for an amazing friend that makes me realize how alone in my journey with Gary I used to be. Wait - that doesn't sound right
The point is I'm not alone in it anymore and I am so very, very thankful for that.

Also, it is a beautiful sunny day - and we are in the 40s and it's not snowing!

Of course that means a LOT of mud..... but I guess that'd be for a different thread.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful for meeting new friends
, loving existing friends
and that my first "heavy" post op physio is done

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
woohoo go Chris

im thankfull that i managed to get a good few hours in at work last week so that when it came to pay day i could get the "kids" the bed they had their eye on
well me wanting to spoil them

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful for a quiet house so that if I think I can nap, I will

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful that my TV Writing teacher is being understanding of the pain I've been dealing with. I've now missed two crucial classes and he emailed me this morning letting me know we'll work something out to make up for it. This terms class is more of a group writing thing (sitcoms are team written), so I've missed out on the latest stages... but he'll work with me for some kind of project to make up... some teachers are good... he's one of them...

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy its finally a low pain day for me
Unfortunately it made for a very unproductive weekend but, still wasn't horrible... Today is a good day.

Now here's hoping DH is over the worst of his sinus crap and lets me sleep tonight

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thankful, once again, for an amazing friend that helped see me through a rough time with Gary's illness.

I'm also thankful to have wonderful, understanding people in my life that have the same interests I do and are helping help kitties.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy that i survived what, 3wks w/o getting sick
Now lets hope it doesn't last long..... hate sinus crap

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy that my school term is nearly over, my film for one class is done, and the teacher for my other one has given me permission to do make up work at the last minute due to my back pain... I'll survive this term after all!!

provos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well this is something in the same area. A week ago I received a pea counting starter set.You put a handful of dry peas in your left pocket and during the day whenever something makes you happy you transfer 1 pea from the left to the right pocket.Then you´ll know and appreciate small happinesses.I liked the idea.I was happy in the morning when I received a mail from a friend, when the sun came out and especially when the battery of my wheelchair didn´t give up and I didn´t get stuck in the woods with my doggy.
All the best start counting
Elisabeth

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy that it's a beautiful day and that I was able to take a quick walk around outside during my lunch break at work.

I'm also so happy that my feral kitty Patches is learning how to play!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just learned my rent is going down! I've lived at the same place for 25 years and the same man owns the building. He really takes good care of the property and, most importantly, allows cats and small dogs without charging a massive security deposit.
This news sure made my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.