The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Pennywise, how lucky are you to have a pet-mate at work! Actually I have a couple of dog people at my new work so sharing the odd photo or silly story is something acceptable for a change: doesn't it feel amazing! 
  I couldn't do it like I do here though, mind you, if I did I wouldn't get any work done and I'd get fired so it's probably just as well. 

I am going to have to wimp out of this party guys, I am SO tired and Mouse is constantly climbing up in to my arms and getting between me and TCS. Much as I love it when he's cuddling in to me like that I know he wants me to go to bed so I'd best go.  

I'll be thinking of you all partying away in my dreams  (it is after 2 am here and I've been up since 7-30 am yesterday). 

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@PennyWise; my DH is allergic also.  He loves our girls!  We just don't allow them in the bedroom unsupervised (and not on the bed or in the room while we are sleeping).  It works out!  He doesn't get wheezy though.  Mostly sneezy and that sort of allergy reaction. 

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
back from the longest weekend ever and now i'm worried about my cat. she has this redness by her ears and one one side looks like its bleeding i don't know if she's scraped her head or gotten bitten by something or what. I'm out of her revolution and trying to get a prescription fulfilled now. im really trying to save as much money as possible since i'm moving in a couple of weeks and need new furniture so i dont know if i can take her to the vet now :(

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

@PennyWise; my DH is allergic also.  He loves our girls!  We just don't allow them in the bedroom unsupervised (and not on the bed or in the room while we are sleeping).  It works out!  He doesn't get wheezy though.  Mostly sneezy and that sort of allergy reaction. 
We do the same exact thing!  Yet somehow every morning, Eopie always manages to sneak in.  She bounds up on the bed and bounds right on top of him.  It's so amazing to watch.  And it must be a great way for him to wake up in the morning.  (yup, i'm a little jealous)

When he gets really bad, I'll give him a benadryl at night, and he's got an inhaler, just in case.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you are not like the person in the "Hunger Games", then?  Because that is what I pictured in my head.  And as for directions to the party tonight.....I think MoochnNoodles is going to use a similar "relay race" map.....So who knows who will show up.....I'm just babbling....lol....

Haha, nope, sorry. Katniss is not as good as the books say, though. Shooting the apple from the pig's mouth--well, I know several people in the archery club that could do that easily. Don't get me wrong, she is good, but not at the heroic level the book makes her out to be.

My 2 are girls (littermates).  Everyone thinks Mooch is a boy.  I did name Mooch after a boy cat; Mooch from the Mutts comic strip.  Noodles looks more like Sourpuss from the strip  (and fits the name sometimes) but I liked the character Noodles too!  My only big plan was to break out the catnip bubbles and a few treats.  Both girls need to shed some pounds.  They don't eat canned food (wont).  I used to "decorate" some pate style canned food with cat treats and they'd gobble it up.  I bet I have pictures of that on Photobucket. 
Wups, my apologies to the little lady.

Oh boy, that shooting practice sounds very expensive, how do people manage to afford to do that so much as they do????
They shoot arrows instead! You get to retrieve your arrows. My mechanic actually said that he was thinking of taking up archery instead because of the high ammo costs.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the best ever map I have ever seen.  It is better than GPS.  I will have to drop by the Smudge's cafe for a pint, but since the party is two whole days, it should be okay.  Mooch and Noodles are some lucky girls.

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love that I have to go round the mountain twice!  This map is classic!

Pennywise, how lucky are you to have a pet-mate at work! Actually I have a couple of dog people at my new work so sharing the odd photo or silly story is something acceptable for a change: doesn't it feel amazing! 
   I couldn't do it like I do here though, mind you, if I did I wouldn't get any work done and I'd get fired so it's probably just as well.  
I know exactly what you mean!  Our rooms are next to each other, kind of in the back of the office, so it's easy for us to get over looked.  There was one day where we spent an hour (no exaggeration) talking about our pets.  Yup, no work got done that afternoon.  It actually turns out that we live in the same town, and one day when I was doing some shopping, I heard someone calling my name and it was her with her dog.  I was so excited to finally meet the dog after hearing all the stories (Much the same way if I finally met Mouse or Mooch, or one of our other famous kitties in person).

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat used to be afraid to walk to the lower level of the house until now. Now I really gotta keep an eye on her and I hope she stays in one spot overnight can't chase her while i'm sleeping

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I miss when they were cuddly with each other!  Now it seems they only cuddle when they want each others body heat!  At least they snuggle with me!  Anyone else have kitties that used to snuggle but don't now? 

The girls have had their treats.  Mooch has a new mouse; that she doesn't trust yet because she ran from the catnip bubbles.  Noodles went nuts for the bubbles.  Meowing and batting them.  It was hard to take pictures and blow them but I managed.  Most have Noodles with her mouth open.

@GoldEye; I hope your kitty's ear is better in the morning!

Last edited:

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday, Mooch! Whatever day it is...

Those kitten pics are adorable!

Where did you get them from? Maybe the original owner knows the correct day. It's always kinda neat to know the exact birthday instead of the vet's best guess. I gave Poppy chicken on her birthday. Last year I tried quail, but she didn't seem too excited, after we went to the trouble of roasting it in the oven.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They came from the SPCA.  Their mother was there also.  I believe they had been picked up on the street the papers said.  They volunteers told us there were 4 kittens and their mama.  The other two had been adopted already.  We were looking for a kitten because of DH's allergies. We thought we would bathe it regularly to help (gave that up pretty quick; it hasn't been necessary).  My girls were in the same kennel that Bunny; who lives with my Mom, had been in when we met her.  And I distinctly remember the cat that was in the one where Pumpkin (also my Mom's cat) was because she looked just like Mooch does as an adult!  That HAD to be their mother!  Plus it's just odd how they were in the same kennels.  Bunny and Pumpkin were adopted just 3 days apart.  I met Bunny when I went with my Mom to see the kitten she was looking at.  We clicked.  I couldn't get her out of my mind after that.  Mom either.  It was one of those experiences! 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She says it's ok; she's been "sputered." :nod:

It's the only way to really appreciate that view! :nod:

I was looking for pictures of one of the girls' birthday dinners from years ago on photobucket.  I found it; but I guess they don't record the date you uploaded the pictures.  I was trying to use that to confirm their birthday!  I did find these gems:

I miss when they were cuddly with each other!  Now it seems they only cuddle when they want each others body heat!  At least they snuggle with me!  Anyone else have kitties that used to snuggle but don't now? 

The girls have had their treats.  Mooch has a new mouse; that she doesn't trust yet because she ran from the catnip bubbles.  Noodles went nuts for the bubbles.  Meowing and batting them.  It was hard to take pictures and blow them but I managed.  Most have Noodles with her mouth open. :lol3:

@GoldEye
; I hope your kitty's ear is better in the morning!
2005/05/06 is the date photo of the cat in the bin was taken, 6.23pm actually, that is Irfan view image viewer software tells me :)

2005/04/23 is the date of kittens inside of the carrier pic.

That exif-info can tell exact camera model and lot of other stuff.

Truly such pics are gems, they tend to get into some 'situations' too when younger :D

Oh, how poorly I slept during the night, it is now 8 am and I did crash to bed bit after 1am, this time difference is certainly annoying at times.

So much to catch up already, loving the map, what a nice view at mountain too :D

Congrats to all winner, from shooting to post 750, to cats and their humans alike, birthdays are a win too :D

I have done some pellet pistol shooting, it is not too expensive, but when starting out there tends to be bit of costs as at least for me that required a lot of shooting to get into reliable shooting results, that means several hundred of shots per a day. After I started to get upper 40's reliably I got tad bored and it has few years since I did shoot last time.

Shooting arrows is something I have been interested in years, but lack of bow has been on way, I did made one bow myself, but it was not too great, maybe I should attempt to make one more, it would be useful with all these bears and lynxes around, I could tickle them away :lol3:

I have developed a cat allergy, last spring it got really out of the control, it is currently so bad that I can't live in same space with my cats, I have to limit my time I'm exposed to them, which saddens me greatly, but then again we do have quite fun several hours each day of playing and petting.

Luckily there is new medicine coming out some time in future, as those current pills are such that they stop working after a short time.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8422306/Simple-injection-could-cure-cat-allergies.html

http://www.circassia.co.uk/portfolio/cat/ What a great pic they have on that page :)

I did read somewhere that that should be available sometime end of this year or next year, I don't know how I could get it here, but I might go to quite great lengths for obtaining such 'cure'.

Last night before I did collapse to bed, I visited them to check that everything is ok and I did pet Mauku again, she was never socialized so she is quite jumpy about that, sometimes offering claws or teeth, but this time she moved just few inches and stared me with horror as I did gently pet her, then she jumped out from cat bed, but no more than feet away, she did claw a bit of 'clawing bridge' that runs there near ceiling, then comes back and I continue to pet, this time starts to purr and has her eyes closed, so I guess she is learning to enjoy that perhaps but just not quite sure yet :)

I can only pet her if she is in her cat bed and her head facing away from me, also only rear part is one that is allowed to be petted, attempts to touch her head will result holes in hand, but rear is ok now already.

She does run away if I attempt to pet her when she is eating or any other place in the room except that cat bed near the ceiling, so we do have long way to go, but that was first time she did returned for petting yesterday, so exciting to see those miniature steps she is taking every few months, I just hope she lives to near 20 years or we might run out of time at this rate :D

I think that trick is not to force, but encourage. That is quite far we have came in 4 years or so, she was then around 5 years old according to vet and was climbing up vertical walls when faced a human being, currently she is about 9 years old, if it takes another 4 years to her gaining enough trust to actually ask for petting she will be 13 already, but she is very happy now already and actually comes near to me when I come indoors as do they all, making lot of noises, this approach seem to be working quite well with these 'too old to socialize' furry friends :)

I did even manage to use scissors and cut two tiny tangled bits of fur from Mauku one earlier day, I think that she enjoyed that quite a bit, also bit of brushing was ok after that, it is incredible how they can change :clap:

I have never had 'normal' cat that would had been socialized during proper period, I guess with them some things might be easier, for example I need to be bit cautious of my movements as wrong too quick movement and all of mine run to hide, it is kind of balancing at blade of horror and love.

I don't really get people who don't like animals, it is much easier to get those who don't like people, there are so many animal haters out there that it really causes me to suspect humanity as a whole, so I have found that I like only people who likes from animals as them tend to understand much better what life is about :D

I think that I babble too lengthy once again, I better go let my boys out, lynx danger time is over once again and only at evening there is danger again.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
2005/05/06 is the date photo of the cat in the bin was taken, 6.23pm actually, that is Irfan view image viewer software tells me

2005/04/23 is the date of kittens inside of the carrier pic.

That exif-info can tell exact camera model and lot of other stuff.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the congratulations, everyone!  I'm so excited that I won. 

@JTbo  I tried shooting air pistol last year, and thought it was pretty fun, though I really wasn't any good at it.  I prefer rifle, though.

Happy late birthday Mooch and Noodles! I really like the kitten photos. :)

the1who feedsus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
holy moly its cold today...so cold Dave and Opal wont even sit in the window lol.

i learned a valuable lesson today.a young cat..upon spying a crumpled up piece of paper, will steal said piece of paper, and immediatly start to shred it in the one place in my apartment i cant easily reach. i can hear Opal happily making confetti out of last months grocery list, shes purring. now is that joy? or the knowledge that im going to have to move all the furniture to clean it up.sigh.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the congratulations, everyone!  I'm so excited that I won. 

@JTbo
 I tried shooting air pistol last year, and thought it was pretty fun, though I really wasn't any good at it.  I prefer rifle, though.

Happy late birthday Mooch and Noodles! I really like the kitten photos. :)
Pistol is quite sensitive for trigger pull, I did modify mine so that trigger will stop immediately when launching the pellet, that made world of difference, my cheap Daisy 717 had quite bit of trigger movement after the launch position which made shots go out bit random, but maybe it was more of inability to shoot properly which I made small cheat to get better, that is what I tend to do for everything that is not perfect, I tinker with it until it is 'perfect' :D

Rifle has own challenges too, I have not owned good pellet rifle, only those cheap chinese ones, so I have no experience how it is with proper rifle, but I probably would like that too, generally anything where controlling one's mind is crucial for good result is what I like, even throwing darts is quite bit of fun for me :)

Oh, I remember there was talk about peas earlier, have any of you bought dried peas and made pea soup from them? I find it really good, also very easy to make, but takes quite a long time. Then again anything that takes a long time to make is usually quite good :D

@MServant, I'm just old ex nerd, currently waiting to be put to an early retirement, but as I have that photography hobby, I have learned about those data bits stored into images, some modern cameras, especially phone cameras save location along with time stamp into images.

I really like humor in this thread, maybe we should extend this babble contest to continue for unforeseen future? :D

That reminds me, that I need to check if there is something new on Simon's cat, I really like those films, they are so realistic and manage to capture that true core of cats:
http://www.simonscat.com/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I'm dropping in again to help add to the post count! I'm not going to go back and read all of the posts (there's just a few too many ;) ), so I'm sorry if I'm interrupting any conversations.  I suppose I could make this "babble" about what I've been doing lately.  Well... This weekend I attended a shooting competition and came in first, with a personal best score for offhand. Yay me! :)

Other than that, I could talk about the weather, but that would be a bit too dull.  Oh well- babble on!
Congrats on the win and personal best!

Shooting as in guns? I shoot arrows, but don't ever compete because I would never win! Also can't afford gun ammo. My auto mechanic says it comes out to a couple hundred every time he goes.
Thanks @Raintyger! The guns I compete with are precision pellet rifles, so it's not that expensive.  I also recently started shooting smallbore rifle, which costs a little bit more, but it's not nearly as expensive as what your mechanic is talking about!

I've tried archery a few times, and it's always quite enjoyable.  I'd be interested in doing it more often if I could.

@cat nap  Offhand is shooting standing. 
 I explain what kind of guns I shoot above. :)
Congratulations on making post #750! 

I wonder if we can make 1000 by the end of the month? It's only three days, and we need just over 200 posts to make it. Fingers crossed that we make it on time. The thread will stay open until we reach 1000 and hopefully that happens within the next three days!

Let's post, post, post!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did anyone make silly foods when kid?

I used to put cheese into pea soup, also during Christmas I did eat Gingerbread (hard thin versions) with cheese and metworst/meetwursti http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metworst , that was a true sweet salty snack :D

Internet is great thing in there that I can find recipes all over the world, many south american foods are really good and I like to find new things. As there is only very limited amount of foods I can eat, it is often needed to adjust a bit, but still I can get new kinds of experiences.

If my resources would be more plentiful I would try even more. One of the best things in world is delicious food, but of course it means I need to bicycle even more :lol3:

I have been reading about simple african ovens, I currently lack of oven that could be heated with wood, but I might attempt to make something simple so I could start making more of pizzas and breads again, electric ovens are bit too expensive to run for me at the moment.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow.... I forgot about those plates!  They are from DH's bachelor days. 

One thing from my childhood that I still eat is "ABC" noodles with butter and ketchup!  Yummy!  It's not quit so vinegary as just eating catchup; once you add the butter and pasta.  We used to use the pastina for it sometimes or just whatever tiny past my Grandma or Mom had found.  My Mom still enjoys it too.  Another favorite treat was frozen grapes!  With our without a little white sugar sprinkled on them.  They were so nice to suck on when it would be hot out.  Sometimes my Grandparents would cut me a stalk of rhubarb and I'd eat that raw; just dipping it in a little cup of sugar. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
catbehaviors catbehaviors Congratulations!

Not such a good day here. My 87-year-old m-i-l had a heart attack this afternoon and is in the hospital. She was home alone and called an ambulance. She'll be in for at least a couple of more days. She on the geriatric ward, not intensive care or cardiology, so things don't look too bad, but at her age you never know.