The Name is Cat, or mollismama

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you see the babies moving? About a day before they are extremely active, one friend calls that the "boiling stage" as it looks like the tummy is boiling and bubbling like a pot of water, as they move into position. Then they calm down as birth approaches. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have been doing that since I started this thread. I called it rolling :) they have definitely quieted down today. Although I can still feel them at times. On another note I got baby name happy and started looking up names :) I feel like a first time mommy all over again!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see a difference between normal movements and the almost due movements, but I know what I'm looking at and have mating dates 

Choosing names can be fun, I usually pick my pet names based on their meanings using baby name websites. 

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I imagine you can. I really have enjoyed getting to talk to you and Learn as much as I can.

I was looking at baby name sites. If they are born at night and if I keep a boy I am going to name him Iah after a moon God or for a girl Luna. If during the day, I'm not to sure yet, I think I am getting a little too into it lol

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention I checked again for movement and they really have calmed down. I almost felt nothing this last time and she was sleeping. I know they are active little suckers when she is asleep normally.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I'm not to sure yet, I think I am getting a little too into it lol
Nothing wrong with being prepared 

From what you're describing it shouldn't be long, always hard to judge long distance 

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think it will be that long either. All I have to say is if it's another week I will die from the anticipation! lol

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree it sounds like she's getting close. C'mon Molli! 

I love your name ideas- perhaps you go with a theme for the whole litter off them? I always give my litters theme names because it makes it easier to remember. You don't have to of course but it would be super cute if they all had astrological names or something to that effect. Just an idea! 

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree it sounds like she's getting close. C'mon Molli! 

I love your name ideas- perhaps you go with a theme for the whole litter off them? I always give my litters theme names because it makes it easier to remember. You don't have to of course but it would be super cute if they all had astrological names or something to that effect. Just an idea! ;)
Hoping for today! Keep your fingers crossed!

That is such a great idea! I I think I will do that weather born in the day or night. Now to find a astro names that sound good for kittens!

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you see the babies moving? About a day before they are extremely active, one friend calls that the "boiling stage" as it looks like the tummy is boiling and bubbling like a pot of water, as they move into position. Then they calm down as birth approaches. 
I can safely say i now know what the boiling stage is. they were quiet last night, but todyy is a whole different story! i noticed something movingout of the corner of my eye while i was in the dining room, Molli is on the couch sleeping right now, it was her tummy! i can not believe the movement coming from the babies, I am so amazed right now. Poor girl keeps crying in her sleep too

Last edited:

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have gotten my note book all ready to start writing times and progress down, and gotten my kitten emergency care kit together. The only thing that is missing is Molli`s labor!

@EB24 I have names! 4 for each. Boys: Iah (of course), Calypso, Helios, and Orion. For girls: Luna, Athena, Soliel, and Vela

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This is all very exciting..

I'm just hovering around in the background enjoying the process...

mollismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is all very exciting..
I'm just hovering around in the background enjoying the process... :) :heart4:
Yes it is! She took 2 days to go through 1/2 of what she was eating. Just little nibbles here and there. She has been incessantly licking her nips today. I've given up on saying maybe today! It is going to happen when it happens. For sure before the week is up tho!