The Great Pastry Thread - Fun and prizes!!!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Custard apple strudel. Apple and custard filling wrapped in flaky sweet pastry.

I'm going to a cat show today AbbysMom! I'm so excited. I've never been to one before. I don't know much about it. I'm just going to ooo and ahh over the pretty kitties.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken pie. Short crust pastry filled with chicken and vegetables in a white sauce with a puff pastry lid.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Tart tatin or however you spell it!   Sliced apples layered in a pan and cooked up in butter and suger syrup, then pastry layered over the top and baked.  Turned out on to a plate apple side up and yummy....

Don't know how I can still think of food as just got in from eating supper at a friend's house and it was like a full Christmas dinner !  Very relaxed and pleasant evening.

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At Christmas, we always have Stollen.  It's an Austrian fruit cake that is much less dense than it's American namesake.

You know, as I've made these postings, I've come to realize that we eat a lot of pastry around Christmas  :)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'll throw in a Croquembouche  and remind everyone that this is the last day for this contest!

Make sure you get a couple more pastries in here, for your chance to win our fab prize!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Melonpan, also known as pineapple bun, melon bread. What, you don't like melon or pineapple? BUT WAIT.
 They are made from an enriched dough covered in a thin layer of crisp cookie dough. Their appearance resembles a melon, such as a rock melon (cantaloupe)

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melonpan)
Imagine sweet, puffy, yet slightly moist bread and on top of it, crispy yet light coat of cookie dough creating a thin sheet of sugar cookies. Yep, cookies and bread. TOGETHER!

ewhitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whoopie Pies - My all time favorite and the only thing I can bake that's edible 

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lemon almond filling! Yum im already googling it

ebmeow15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Macaroons! Cinnamon Toast and cookie dough are my favorite flavors! Light and crispy and mildly sweet