The Great Pastry Thread - Fun and prizes!!!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Treacle tart- it's American cousin is known as Molasses pie. A sweet pastry shell with a filling of stale bread crumbs, treacle and lemon rind. Served cool, dusted with icing sugar ( confectioners sugar) with a side if whipped cream or icecream.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had boston creme doughnuts (donuts?) from Dunkin's today. A new store just opened up near my school. Stomach feels sick after one donut though.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pecan pie. Sweet pastry shell with a pecan and caramel topping. Loaded with calories!!! The yummiest things always are;)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pennsylvania Funny Dutch Cake - my mom used to make this for me, its a chocolate cake with a nut/sugar topping, no frosting.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Watergate Cake. My mom used to make this when I was a kid. It's a single layer cake made with pistachio pudding mix in the batter and kept in the fridge. The icing is made from Dream Whip and more pistachio pudding mix. She even had a special 9x13 pan with a clear, plastic cover for this cake. So super moist!

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's time for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies....making some on Sunday. I think Sunday is going to be a big day in the kitchen. The whoopie pies, vegetarian chili, chili with meat, and some pasta sauce, too.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fresh apple cake. I once made myself sick eating this. It has lots of raisins, nuts and coconut. All those things were too much for my digestive system.:lol3:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Introducing another Malaysian delicacy - roti kahwin (literally "marriage bread"):

View media item 186491
It's bread with butter, sugar, and kaya (egg + coconut jam). They call it "marriage bread" because it's usually eaten in pairs.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Italian Sponge Cake - I have a great recipe for a 3 ingredient version that we love.  Serve a slice of this with fresh fruit and fresh homemade whipped cream :)

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thick toast - a treat from Asian teahouses. About 1.5" thick and dipped into milk, then topped with various flavored glazes. Some places have cute teddy bears, etc. for decoration.