The Exercise Motivation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok peaches08.You have got me inspired to try my runs/ jogs with hand held weights. Where have you seen the changes? Will this only tone my arms or legs too? Of course everyone else is inspiring me too. I did Jillian michaels yoga meltdown today.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok peaches08.You have got me inspired to try my runs/ jogs with hand held weights. Where have you seen the changes? Will this only tone my arms or legs too? Of course everyone else is inspiring me too. I did Jillian michaels yoga meltdown today.
I've seen changes like my inner elbows have innies now instead if outies, my left hamstring is just beginning to get a bulge to match my right leg, my right lateral thighs developing a bulge to match my left leg, I went from doing 4 pushups total in a workout to doing 20+ with better form (still on knees), doing punches/other arm exercises without weights to now using weights, etc.

Now to clarify what it is that I'm doing, I'm doing Supreme 90 Day System videos. They are kind of a ripoff of P90X which is high intensity interval training. I CANNOT keep up with the trainer or models, but I'm getting somewhere so long as I know my limits. I push till I'm sore the next day, but try not to push until I suffer a muscle injury like I did with legs recently. It's getting me somewhere!

Has anyone noticed bloat while increasing their workouts? Boy I have! I was looking up info on it last night that it could be related to cortisol levels and should dissipate in about 2 weeks. That would help explain my new breakouts too.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen changes like my inner elbows have innies now instead if outies, my left hamstring is just beginning to get a bulge to match my right leg, my right lateral thighs developing a bulge to match my left leg, I went from doing 4 pushups total in a workout to doing 20+ with better form (still on knees), doing punches/other arm exercises without weights to now using weights, etc.

Now to clarify what it is that I'm doing, I'm doing Supreme 90 Day System videos. They are kind of a ripoff of P90X which is high intensity interval training. I CANNOT keep up with the trainer or models, but I'm getting somewhere so long as I know my limits. I push till I'm sore the next day, but try not to push until I suffer a muscle injury like I did with legs recently. It's getting me somewhere!

Has anyone noticed bloat while increasing their workouts? Boy I have! I was looking up info on it last night that it could be related to cortisol levels and should dissipate in about 2 weeks. That would help explain my new breakouts too.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mucked up the quote thingo again. Sorry. Thanks for explaining that. I'm going to look into buying some weights. Your workouts sound great. its so amazing what human bodies can do. Feralvr I love to think of you doing your robot. My kids would think it was awesome if I did that! I did another yoga meltdown. Peaches08 I don't think I've ever had bloating from exercise. Mine comes from too much cake! Have a good weekend everybody. Enjoy your workouts and keep up the good work!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked up the supreme 90 day system. It looks fabulous. Some of the exercises are quite similar to the Jillan Michaels DVDs I do. They are killer!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I'm afraid my exercise regime doesn't really live up to the standard of this thread!

But I shall keep on in my own, not very well organised way..

Good long walk yesterday.  Cycling today....
I hear you.....I feel way out of my league with these guys! But we shall keep on keeping on. 
 I can keep up with you in walking. It's the rest of the programs that I'm not able to do. I did Bowflex work only one night this week; we've been so busy the other nights.....it's really difficult for me to find time at night for working out. In the morning, I'm on the treadmill, so anything else is out then, too. I won't give up my treadmill walks.

Thursday - 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 1.5 miles on my lunch walk

Friday (today) - 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

Lauren, Rick won't walk with me if I swing my arms too much. He says it looks silly and he doesn't want to be seen with me. But, on the other hand, you wouldn't believe the way some of the people walk/jog here in my neck of the woods. Wildly swinging arms, the whole bit. I've seen some older people who really get around....they say that swinging their arms that way seems to help them walk faster. And that's fine in my book. 

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hear you.....I feel way out of my league with these guys! But we shall keep on keeping on. 
 I can keep up with you in walking. It's the rest of the programs that I'm not able to do. I did Bowflex work only one night this week; we've been so busy the other nights.....it's really difficult for me to find time at night for working out. In the morning, I'm on the treadmill, so anything else is out then, too. I won't give up my treadmill walks.

Thursday - 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 1.5 miles on my lunch walk

Friday (today) - 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning

Lauren, Rick won't walk with me if I swing my arms too much. He says it looks silly and he doesn't want to be seen with me. But, on the other hand, you wouldn't believe the way some of the people walk/jog here in my neck of the woods. Wildly swinging arms, the whole bit. I've seen some older people who really get around....they say that swinging their arms that way seems to help them walk faster. And that's fine in my book. 
Plus you burn more calories when you exaggerate your arm swinging  and work some extra muscles 

I did not work out today. My knee hurts. I ran into the corner of the coffee table with my knee last night. It feels a bit tight so I didn't want to cause any real injuries. I am just going to see how it feels tomorrow.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just a boring walker.......that didn't walk today. :anon: Lots and lots of torrential rain. More to come too.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't think that walking is boring. So long as you are breaking a sweat, then you're doing great! Just think, you had to build up to where you are now, right? That's an accomplishment! Give yourself credit for that.

Did Tabata Inferno tonight with 3 lbs thrown in for a few exercises. I can only workout 10-15 seconds for most of the 20 second rounds, but I'm getting somewhere. Still bloated, gonna risk it and pop a potassium pill.

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't think that walking is boring. So long as you are breaking a sweat, then you're doing great! Just think, you had to build up to where you are now, right? That's an accomplishment! Give yourself credit for that.

Did Tabata Inferno tonight with 3 lbs thrown in for a few exercises. I can only workout 10-15 seconds for most of the 20 second rounds, but I'm getting somewhere. Still bloated, gonna risk it and pop a potassium pill.
The bloating could be mild dehydration. If you have a headache in the morning it is also a sign of dehydration. Try increasing your fluids and see if it helps.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Long walk with a friend.. no arm flinging   

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bloating could be mild dehydration. If you have a headache in the morning it is also a sign of dehydration. Try increasing your fluids and see if it helps.
Normally I'd say the same to someone...but I drink a lot if water. I drink 3/4 of a gallon on a normal day. I drink even more on days I sweat. Now, I'm not saying that there isn't something I haven't overlooked going on. I'm just stumped as to what it might be. I have an autoimmune condition and am just beginning really working out again. Throw that all in with my textbook metabolic syndrome and various other symptoms that fit an increase in cortisol...I think all I can do is wait it out. Yucky.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still fighting off a cold but I thought I could go for a run today. I run around a lake so once I start I have to keep going to get home. A third of the way round I got asthma with no ventolin. It wasn't bad but since having two children I am unable to cough and keep moving at the same time!! Oh well I got out in the fresh air and tried anyway. We are all doing our best and that's all that matters!! KEEP GOING PEOPLE!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am taking today off......this will be my first "no walking" day since the beginning of February, so it's OK (I think). I have too much other stuff to do today. If I can a few minutes here and there, I'll hit the treadmill. But not for any serious amount of time.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Winchester!! You absolutely deserve a day off. You have done so well. Don't feel guilty. You should be proud of yourself. That's an awesome job!!

luvmy4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today I am going to a community festival and then going hiking. No gym today though my knee seems fine. It is not raining today so I am going to get outside. Do some walking and get some fresh air with friends. GL everyone on meeting your weekend goals.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I knew I could do it,  I went to the doctors appointment yesterday and he told me that  I am down  to a 213 count. I can't believe it !  I'm going to try to go lower and lower to a 175-180 at least.  I need new pants !

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am taking today off......this will be my first "no walking" day since the beginning of February, so it's OK (I think). I have too much other stuff to do today. If I can a few minutes here and there, I'll hit the treadmill. But not for any serious amount of time.
Wow Winchester!! You absolutely deserve a day off. You have done so well. Don't feel guilty. You should be proud of yourself. That's an awesome job!!
Thanks, Tammat! But....well, the best laid plans......

Muffin and I went over to visit with my sister and ending up walking a mile with Muffin in her stroller. It felt so good to get some walking in. So when we came back home, I grabbed my iPod and hit the road.  

4 miles tonight! So much for taking a day off.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took an unscheduled rest day today. Nothing wrong, just tired and needed a day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.