The Exercise Motivation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work you guys.
I did six pack abs and a run. I went back to my lake run. It's a crushed rock track so much firmer than grass. I set out to do 20 mins but after 10 mins I stopped and walked for 5 then ran again for another 10. My knees felt fine. It was sunny and I just felt too hot and not fit enough to manage. At first I felt a bit down on myself but then I knew you girls would say I was sensible.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Indeed, very sensible, Tammat. Take your time.

I only did two miles on the treadmill this morning. I didn't get up right away and I've been pretty busy. Two miles was all I could do right now.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am posting my intention of getting on my exercise bike for at least the 20 minute workout program today.  I hit a new "decade" of numbers today, and I want to keep it going!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, very sensible Tamela. :nod:

Yay for a new decade, Pat! :clap:

Two miles is better than no miles, Pat! :clap:

Four miles walked yesterday and four bone chilling miles today. We'll try to get another four in tomorrow before the snow hits.

The latest is the fitbit should be here on Thursday. It's a combination of them not shipping when they said and UPS being backed up.

Also an FYI - at some point I will be making a 2014 thread for this thread and the weight loss thread. I'll posts links when I do.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good going, Pat! That's wonderful. I went "up" into a different decade. 

Congrats on the walking, Karen! I have been reading about UPS's delivery problems; they were really bad, depending on where people live. I think it was a combination of last-minute ordering with a lot of people, combined with severe weather problems throughout the country, combined with not having enough workers. And companies kept guaranteeing that later orders would still be shipped in time for Christmas. It was a real mess. 

(I'm not saying that you ordered late, just saying that I know quite a few people who waited until the last minute and then didn't get their things right away. But I also know of those who ordered things around the beginning of December--certainly not last minute--and still didn't get their stuff for Christmas! Between UPS and the Target fiasco, people were very upset all the way around this year.)

Good idea about 2014 exercise and weight loss threads. I was wondering about that.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.