The Exercise Motivation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Changing things up! I had incredible results with Supreme 90 Day System videos but overtrained and stopped. Did day 1, Chest and Back with no weights and modified pushups. My arms are noodles now and I didn't do near the reps they asked for! One day at a time...

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do, and admittedly it is rough to do so. I used to run in the heat. Hope to be able to do so again, but I'll get a good walking base going first.

Is it possible that you have asthma? I didn't get diagnosed with asthma until my mid to late 30s.
I only have high cholestrol

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sore as can be from yesterday but still completed day 2 which is Ultimate Ball. Only fell off the ball 3 times. Nothing bad, just a tough workout!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You go for it Winchester!! Nothing beats fresh air. You are a great influence.
Thanks! I try!

Saturday - 5 miles on the treadmill

Sunday - 5.5 miles on the treadmill

peaches, I have a ball and use it for my knee exercises. That way I don't have to worry about falling off! 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I put the ball on the floor, then lie down with my feet (heels) on the ball. And I raise myself up off the floor, keeping my feet on the ball. Ten times, 3 sets every day. It's something my PT had me do when I was going through therapy after the knee op. Since I already had the ball, I kept doing them. I think it helps my stomach, too.

4 miles on the treadmill this morning.

1 mile on the treadmill on Monday night.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
3.13 miles on Saturday
3.34 on Sunday.

I'm not quite up to my normal distance and I'm really slow, but I'm getting there.

I'm Not sure if we're going to be able to walk this morning. Just about every town in the area is having a Memorial Day observance and parade. It's going to make getting around a little tough. There will be yard work in the plans though.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put the ball on the floor, then lie down with my feet (heels) on the ball. And I raise myself up off the floor, keeping my feet on the ball. Ten times, 3 sets every day. It's something my PT had me do when I was going through therapy after the knee op. Since I already had the ball, I kept doing them. I think it helps my stomach, too.

I think those are called reverse planks. They were definitely part of the workout. And yes, great core work!

Today is a scheduled off day per the workout program. My chest, abs, and glutes are sore so I'm just going to clean house today.

Tomorrow is my externship paperwork and drug screen. I'm very nervous about it. I don't do drugs, but there's a cotinine screen for tobacco use. I'll have a little over 11 days clean by the time I have to take it.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

I think those are called reverse planks. They were definitely part of the workout. And yes, great core work!

Today is a scheduled off day per the workout program. My chest, abs, and glutes are sore so I'm just going to clean house today.

Tomorrow is my externship paperwork and drug screen. I'm very nervous about it. I don't do drugs, but there's a cotinine screen for tobacco use. I'll have a little over 11 days clean by the time I have to take it.
Good luck on the screen! :cross:

I did get a 3-3/4 mile walk in today.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did Jillian michaels six pack abs today. I then tried to run but my foot hurt so I came home. Last night one of my kittens got under my feet so to avoid hurting her I hurt myself. The things we do for our loved ones!!;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tammat, I hope your foot feels better.
A similar thing happened to me yesterday.....I was helping to clear the dinner table and got in the way of a huge boxer (whose name is Rocco)! Well, he wasn't moving, so I had to juke a little bit to get out of his way.
 Thankfully, I'm OK, but I was more worried about spilling plates!

4 miles on the treadmill this morning. And it's raining outside, hard, so not sure about a lunch walk today.

ETA: Did get 2 miles outside at lunch on Tuesday, in between raindrops.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Winchester. Vibes are working! I'll be stepping out tomorrow. It was the biggest loser Australia grand final tonight. The contestants looked amazing. So healthy they were glowing. Good nutrition and exercise is what it takes. Come on people! Lets all break a sweat today and feel better for it!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it when cats get underfoot. It's either they get hurt or you take the fall.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hope your foot is better soon, Tammat!

3-3/4 miles this morning. It is getting hot out there already.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so worried about the cotinine screen that I didn't get much sleep, so today I'm resting. I passed the screen though!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Peaches. Well done. My foots pretty good now thanks guys. I did Jillian michaels buns and thighs today. It's getting cold in this part of Australia now. Keep up the good work everyone.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good job, Peaches!
 Way to go!

4 miles on the treadmill this morning. Really muggy outside right now. Ick.

2 very warm miles over lunch today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.