The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my lost cats found her own way home. Now I just have one AWOL kitty, but he is one of my more feral ones that regularly takes off on his own. I'm still walking daily to look for him, but hoping he'll come home when he's ready.

90 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk on Friday.
One hour of yoga on Saturday.
Sunday I decided it's time to start "winterizing" so spent about 3 hours stacking logs for firewood and digging some railway sleepers in to a steeper part of the enclosure so I don't have to worry about slipping in the snow.
Monday I did 90 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk
Today I'm taking it easy, just 45 minutes of deep stretching.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
More winterizing. I have a big pile of timber off-cuts that has been lurking under a tarp for a year now. I have gradually been using it, but I've decided it all needs to be gone by the end of this month. All the short bits have gone onto the firewood rack and the longer useful pieces are being turned into another big outdoor cat tree.

Lots of lugging timber around, sawing wood, digging holes and swearing today.

:insertevillaugh:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Weather's gotten wet and muggy again, so not nice enough to walk. Tomorrow hopefully.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finally walked 2 days in a row. But weather is rainy all week, so not sure when I'll get out again.:sigh:

Yesterday - 31 minutes
Today - forgot to press start on the timer, but similar route to yesterday

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am back to ballet but it's Fridays now instead of Tuesdays.

I will likely just do some stretching and hand weights today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't had any walks for a few days, but I've been doing plenty of outdoor work and yoga. I started building a pergola. It's going to have wisteria growing over it and a little ramp up one side so the cats can climb on top to sunbathe.

I shall call it my Purgola.

:blush:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Note to self…

In order to avoid the agony of a seized psoas, do stretches every day.

This is the third time this has happened to me in the last ten years. It started as a “little knot” in the lower back. I did the stretches, tried to walk it off… but it just got worse. By the end if the week, I couldn’t take a deep breath at all without a massive stab of pain. I barely inched my way into bed, each movement was agony. I found some Tramadol left over from my appendectomy a few years ago, and put out frantic calls to friends for a therapeutic masseuse with experience in deep tissue release (myofacial technique).

Thankfully a neighbor knew someone who could make a house call. And she definitely knew her business. My entire back and hips were holding so much tension from the pain, and when she got to the psoas…oi vey!!! Yah… it was definitely the culprit.
Even so, it’s been a week since she worked her magic, and my body is just now finally back to normal.

So, yah, fresh incentive to reactivate my body. 😵💫

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Got my Purgola finished! It doesn't have anything growing up it yet, I'm planning on getting some wisteria next month.

I did an hour of yoga on Saturday, went for a long walk on Sunday and a one hour walk and one hour of yoga today. It's still so hot here, it doesn't feel like autumn is coming any time soon.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did 90 minutes of yoga and a 45 minute walk yesterday. The only outdoor work I did was crossing things off my To-Do list and then adding a few new things on.

Next job might be to make some insulated wooden boxes for the cats that prefer to stay outside most of the year.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We've been neglected our exercise thread! How's everyone been doing?

I spent most of last week winterizing, which meant making some proper insulated wooden boxes for my outdoor cat mansion and adjusting the roof of my wood shed so I can get more wood in there. I did yoga every day and had a couple of long walks too.

90 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk on Monday, lots of yard work and 45 minutes yoga yesterday. Got to get back into walking every day, I'm hoping to be able to go on a longer hike soon.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've started trying to do heavy weightlifting again when J is at school. M is still young enough she's happy to sit in the bouncy seat while I lift. I need to start attempting to run again.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been dealing with a sore neck, that unfortunately doesn't enjoy walking.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your neck Rubysmama. Heat pads usually help my neck when it starts hurting.

I walked for an hour and did 45 minutes yoga on Thursday, 90 minutes walk and 40 minutes yoga on Friday, just an hour of yoga yesterday.

And of course, now that it's too chilly to leave the screen door with the cat flap open, opening and closing the door to let the cats in or out has taken on the regularity of physical exercise.

:rolleyes2:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
An hour of yoga and an hour walk on Monday. An hour of yoga and a few hours of yardwork yesterday. I've been digging in some old railway sleepers to make garden steps, so as I don't fall over when the snow starts. Digging is hard work, but the cats are enjoying the new little garden perches.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Got in a walk yesterday and today.
It’s finally cooled down to the mid 80’s

Will be getting a lot of exercise over the next week while working the Renn Faire. We start our setup build tomorrow.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
What's a renn faire?
Renaissance Faire
(I know, only one ’n‘)
It’s a theamed festival. Everyone breaks out their corsets, swords, pirate hats, fairy wings, or whatever takes your fancy. There’s music, vendors, artists, games, royalty, jousting, etc.,.

Our guild is called “Greenwood Revelers”, and we are all about the care of mythical creatures. Our primary creatures are currently dragons and giant walking trees. We also have a book fairy, a goblin merchant, and various witches, as well as a puppet show. The last couple years I was a dryad, but this year we started up a small minstrel group, so I’ll be doing a lot of singing instead. It’s a lot of work, but so fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.