The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds amazing! I think you should start a thread about it and post some pictures here. I'd love to see them

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's everyone doing?

I've had a pretty good week. The Friday before last I had a lesson in Japanese mounted archery. That was one hour ride, 90 minutes archery practice and then 30 minutes trying to shoot the bow and arrow on horse back. I hit the target a few times.

I also did a very slow 45 minute yoga routine when I got home, because traditional Japanese saddles aren't as comfortable as English ones.

Last week I went on four long walks and did yoga every day. Yesterday was a 90 minute walk and 30 minutes yoga, today was 90 minutes yoga. I'm planning a longer hike next week, if the weather stays nice

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not much to report from me. The odd walk here and there.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trying to lift weights once a week and go to stroller strides once a week. I'd love to lift twice but that's hard right now since I try to do what I can when J's at PDO.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
My regular two lift sessions and three long walks (about 4 mi).
Plus five days of Faire last week (2 prep, 3 show).
I had no ankles after faire… my feet were so swollen. Took 3 days to recover.
And lemme just say, walking and singing while wearing a corset takes some serious breath. 😮💨

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The odd walk here and there.
Every little bit counts.
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
Trying to lift weights once a week and go to stroller strides once a week.
That's good. How much weight do you lift?
And lemme just say, walking and singing while wearing a corset takes some serious breath
Yep, I I bet it does! I'm impressed, singing as well.

I did an hour of yoga and an hour walk on Monday. Tuesday I had a bit of a rest day and just pottered around the garden a bit. Today I did an hour walk and 45 minutes of yoga.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I never lift weights. Just body weight training. Push ups,,pull ups, military pushups. Have to cheat a little like use a chair or get on my knees. Getting there,slowly. Trying to prevent back pain by not using weights. Even strengthening my legs to prevent back pain.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good. How much weight do you lift?
It's different amounts for different exercises. Lowest is the overhead press at 47lbs, and highest is deadlift around 72lbs. Im not hear up as high as when I was doing heavy lifting in prep for my wedding, or even as far as I got after J was born before she wouldn't let me lift anymore. But hoping to build some muscle and kick-start the metabolism.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t usually ask my trainer what the weights are, but the other day I commented that my toe press felt heavy.
His response was, “Yep, you’re pretty strong on that one… 240 lbs.“. 😲

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a long walk on Friday. We hiked up a mountain near here, 4 hours up and back. The trees were so pretty!

Oct27.10_R.jpg
Oct27.12_R.jpg
Oct27.14_R.jpg
Oct27.29_R.jpg
Oct27.34_R.jpg

One hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk on Saturday.
One hour walk, one hour of archery practice and an hour of yoga on Sunday.
90 minutes yoga, 45 minutes archery, one hour walk on Monday
One hour walk, one hour of archery practice and an hour of yoga today.

The weather is just glorious at the moment.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes yoga and a one hour walk on Wednesday

One hour of archery practice, one hour of yoga on Thursday.

Two hour long yoga practices and an hour of archery yesterday, then I dug up some hostas from the garden and moved them to more auspicious locations.

The archery is using muscles in my chest and upper back that don't get used that often. I may need a break from that today.

How's everyone else doing?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I started going to physio for my neck/shoulder pain, and so far the pain is worse. :crazy:
So haven't been doing much. But hopefully once we get this pain eased up some, I can try to at least get walking regularly again.

The archery is using muscles in my chest and upper back that don't get used that often. I may need a break from that today.
Do pace yourself, as muscles that don't get used often, can be pretty vocal once annoyed.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I started going to physio for my neck/shoulder pain, and so far the pain is worse.
Oh no! Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better?
Do pace yourself, as muscles that don't get used often, can be pretty vocal once annoyed.
Yes, you're right. I always tend to overdo any new activity and then end up with sore muscles.

I've had a few tips from people I know who practice archery. They've told me I need to keep my shoulders down and relax my grip just before I let go of the string so I don't absorb all the explosive power of the release into my body. It seems to work and means my aim is a bit better too.

One hour of yoga, a 90 minute walk and an hour of archery today.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh no! Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better?
I do think it's normal for that to happen, just didn't expect it to be that bad. Feeling much less sore today, so I'll ease back into my exercises again, and hopefully my muscles won't complain.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I do think it's normal for that to happen, just didn't expect it to be that bad. Feeling much less sore today, so I'll ease back into my exercises again, and hopefully my muscles won't complain.
I've never had physio, only been to a chiropractor a few times after I knocked my pelvis out of line. (Yes, there was a horse involved) It felt pretty uncomfortable while he was twisting me about and cracking things, but once he had finished it felt a lot better.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's everyone doing? It's started to get really cold here, so I've been bundling up a bit for my walks. Not quite hat, scarf, gloves weather yet, but it soon will be. I've been getting a bit of extra cardio by lugging firewood every morning too.

I've done yoga almost every day, lots of walks and archery practice every day that it hasn't rained. Planning another long forest walk tomorrow. Not such a steep one, as my knees need a break and steep descents kill them.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Went in for weight training today.
It’s cooling down here, even got some rain today.
I’ll be in pet food mode for a couple weeks, so probably won’t get a lot of walking in, but will try to keep up on my stretches.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weight lifted last Friday before I got the text from J's school about her having hfm, but since then it's been quarantining and sitting on the couch.

It's nice outside today so I raked a pile of leaves for J to jump/play in. Not too much of exercise, but hopefully I can get started again and back to stroller strides once everyone is healthy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.