The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Had an early morning walk for one hour on Monday. Even at 7.30 it's uncomfortably hot out. Everything is so dry, it looked like some of the younger trees were starting to die. 30 minutes yoga in the afternoon.

One hour of yoga today. I started clearing a patch of garden to plan some new bulbs I ordered online and got interrupted by a thunder storm. And now it's raining! Proper rain, the first we've had for weeks.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

This could be the first time in history a British person has been happy to see rain.

:lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't walk Saturday or Sunday, but got back on track yesterday. The humidity has finally broken, so much more comfortable walking this week.

Monday - 32 minutes - Total distance: 3.03 km (1.88 mi)
Tuesday - 30 minutes - Total distance: 2.75 km (1.71 mi)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did stroller strides this morning, and then also tried to run 1.5 miles. I've lost so much progress in the past two weeks and had to walk more than I was hoping, but I did average a bit less than 16 minutes per mile.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wednesday: 29 minutes. Total distance: 2.77 km (1.72 mi)
Thursday: no walk - couldn't get motivated
Friday: 30 minutes Total distance: 2.84 km (1.76 mi)
Saturday: no walk today - raining

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Saturday: no walk today - raining
We've got some more rain here today and I'm so happy! It's been really dry this year, we need the rain.

I went for a 90 minute walk this morning, when it was just cloud and drizzle, then did a 45 minute YouTube yoga video later on. Slow Flow Deep Stretch for Hips and Hamstrings. Just what I needed after my long walk.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've fallen off the walking wagon, yet again. Rain in our forecast too, so might be another day or 2 before I can even consider it again. I did go out early yesterday morning and spent an hour moving plants in the garden, and a little weeding. So wasn't totally sedentary.

It's still raining, looks like there's a typhoon passing close by so we're in for a wet week.
Hope you don't get too much rain. It seems it's one extreme or the other with weather these days.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We seem to be getting one typhoon after another here. Typhoon 5 last week, Typhoon 6 passed close by so we got wet weather all this week, Typhoon 7 heading our way now. It's because it's the Obon holiday week in Japan

I walked for 2 hours on Wednesday, because it was just a nice soft drizzle, then did 45 minutes yoga after that. 90 minutes of yoga on Thursday and Saturday, another 2 hour walk and 45 minutes of very gentle yoga today

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It rained solidly for 24 hours, but looks like the typhoon has gone over now. My back yard turned into a river!

Walked for an hour and did 90 minutes yoga today. How's everyone else doing?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finally got a couple walks in.

Went out last evening, but it was still 26C and sunny, so only managed 15 minutes before I got too hot and came home.
Today went out before 8 AM and walked 28 minutes, so almost my 30 minute goal.

Mix of sun and rain in the forecast for the next few days, so I'll try to get out when I can.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes of yoga and a two hour walk on Wednesday (There is a possibility that was a little too much......)

Nothing on Thursday as I had loads of errands to run and one of the cats needed to go to the vet. An hour walk and an hour of yoga on Friday. 90 minutes yoga today.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nothing to report here. Maybe I'll get back on track next week.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to the zoo yesterday, so I guess that counts as movement/exercise.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We went to the zoo yesterday
That must have been fun! I see lots of deer and squirrels on my walks, so around here it's morel like safari.

I've done at least an hour of yoga every day this week and I've been going for lots of walks. I've been doing a 30 to 40 minute walk twice a day, mornings and evenings. (One of my cats got out and I'm looking for him.)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My lost cats are keeping me active. I've done 3 one hour walks a day for the past 4 days in a row, as well as yoga every day. It's still so hot here! I was hoping it would have cooled down a bit by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.