The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I did a marathon session. 4 miles. 2 miles on the incline elliptical thingy and 2 miles on the elliptical all at lowest setting and upping the resistance a bit. i wanted to watch judge judy then the news came on so I just went at a slow pace the second hour. it was 1.75 hours total.  I don't feel too tired. Tomorrow a coworker says they will go with me. He does lots of lifting and hopefully we can get a good workout done. no cardio tomorrow-just 15 min to warm up then hit the weights.

I spent 15 min on the stretching machine. It makes a big difference. JTBo-thats EXACTLY what I was trying to tell you earlier.

Artiemom-THANK YOU for your experience=thats exactly the issue=Jtbo you will need to figure another 4 to 6 weeks to let it finish healing. And keep drawing-you are getting better!!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a marathon session. 4 miles. 2 miles on the incline elliptical thingy and 2 miles on the elliptical all at lowest setting and upping the resistance a bit. i wanted to watch judge judy then the news came on so I just went at a slow pace the second hour. it was 1.75 hours total.  I don't feel too tired. Tomorrow a coworker says they will go with me. He does lots of lifting and hopefully we can get a good workout done. no cardio tomorrow-just 15 min to warm up then hit the weights.

I spent 15 min on the stretching machine. It makes a big difference. JTBo-thats EXACTLY what I was trying to tell you earlier.

Artiemom-THANK YOU for your experience=thats exactly the issue=Jtbo you will need to figure another 4 to 6 weeks to let it finish healing. And keep drawing-you are getting better!!
Sooooo loooong, then I might have time to make silly cartoon about human eating aliens and silly humans, you know it is dangerous to have a powerpoint and too much time to kill :D :

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good resting jtbo jtbo
Good job on the elliptical foxxycat foxxycat Thats a big effort Woo!!!

I did my legs today with Rohan. It was the best I've ever trained my legs. I was on such a high for the afternoon. Woo!!! I knew I was going to beat that devil in my head some day. Sitting down tomorrow is not going to be pretty :lol3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good job, people! Congratulations to you, Tammat and to you, Foxxycat! And congrats, JTbo for staying down! 

Did my exercises and stretches last night....it's taking me about 90 minutes now til I get everything done. It was so hot and so humid that I took the fan out of the window and put it on the floor and ran it so the breeze was blowing right over me while I was on the floor exercising. Well! That did not go over well with Muffin  or Mollipop and the both ended up on the exercise mat with me.....Muffin was lying at my feet and Molli was lying at my head. It's not easy to exercise when you've got two cats lying on the mat with you! And they wouldn't move!

3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1 hour of yoga today. Mum clearly thinks I'm being lazy and making excuses though - 'if you did more maybe you'd have more energy' :frusty: :bawling:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
1 hour of yoga today. Mum clearly thinks I'm being lazy and making excuses though - 'if you did more maybe you'd have more energy'
Mothers! (Huge sigh and roll of eyes) They always know which buttons to press don't they?

Tell Mum all your Cat Site friends think you need to take it easy.

Today is the day I teach two kindergarten classes, which must burn off about the same amount of energy as running a marathon. It's a bit of a shock to my system. I usually teach business English, so spend my days discussing Lehman Shock or how Brexit will affect Abenomics. Then suddenly I'm chasing around after small people and trying to make sure they don't eat the crayons.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:eek: Kindergarten DEFINITELY counts as exercise :nod: I used to be a classroom assistant, and the younger kids were always a LOT of work :rolleyes: I don't even like kids that much either! :lol3:

And thank you Norachan Norachan :hugs: I needed to hear that :heart3:

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am so frustrated.....please let me whine a bit and then I'll shut up.

Yesterday, Rick came in and we went to the farmers' market. We drove over.....it's not even a mile and we drove over. Why? Because of my butt and because I have to be careful how much walking I do. We drove over.

Today, I had to make a run to the grocery store because Muffin is really low on dry cat food. What she has in her snack dish is all she has. I drove to the grocery store. It's not even a mile and I drove. Why? See above. (Not only am I a total pain in the butt to other people, but I am a total pain in the butt to myself!)

It's a complete waste of gas and it frustrated me to no end. I would have enjoyed the walking both days. Even in 90-degree temps, I would have enjoyed the walking. A pair of shorts, a t-shirt, put my hair in a ponytail, put my earbuds in my ears, grab the iPod and go. 

This crap has to stop.....I can't handle it. When I came back today, somebody said that she couldn't believe I drove to the store because I walk everywhere. Well, neither could I. Darn it anyway.

{Whine over.....I'll shut up now.}

Wait.......
 OK, now the whine is over. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: Winchester Winchester . Rant all you want. I can imagine just how frustrating this must be for you. I'd be :argh: too (as, in fact, I am every time my issues stop me doing something :rolleyes2 ).

Something you might find interesting - I got a pair of Fitflop boots last week, and I've noticed they make a huge difference to my sciatic pain - with no other changes. They're not cheap, but might be worth looking into in case they can help you too. Just a thought ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I can understand how frustrating that is @Winchester  I've been known to burst into tears when I find out I can't get a walk in for some reason. I think I must have some Red Setter in my blood, you know those kind of dogs that go insane if they don't get enough exercise?

90 minutes yoga and an hour walk today. I haven't been for a run for a while, but it is so hot and humid. I think my running will have to wait until rainy season is over.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Columbine! I'm going to check out the link when I get home tonight.

And thanks, everybody, for understanding. It will get better; all good things take time. I just like to rush things.

I did my stretches last night.

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Woke up with a sore neck (it's been bugging me now for about three weeks off and on) and about half a headache. Tired, really tired. I didn't want to walk and thought, "Eh, a mile or two won't kill me, I guess" and went downstairs. Turns out I didn't feel as bad as I thought I did and was able to get my mileage in. Any time I get 3 miles at this point, I'm happy.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did 2 miles last night on that incline elliptical thingy. Took me 1 hour. I stopped due to knee aches but today I feel fine. I may do a rest day today. We will see how the day goes. If I get upset at work I tend to workout afterwards.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to the gym this morning. Yup, gotta work on that elliptical again...

Does anyone have the problem that they do not like to sweat.. I sound so prissy...I hate to sweat!! such a yucky feeling.. I know.. I also hate to eat any food with my fingers, except for pizza!! I hate to get my hands dirty.. 

I am such a wimp....

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no I get annoyed at sweat because it marks up my glasses. I forgot my towel yesterday and just used a long piece of papertowel around my neck. I sweat in 10 minutes of whatever I am doing. Doesn't take long to soak my head. Its actually really good you sweat. This helps keep blood pressure down I think. Makes sense to release the pressure. I just hate sweat in my eyes. I totally understand.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Going to the gym this morning. Yup, gotta work on that elliptical again...

Does anyone have the problem that they do not like to sweat.. I sound so prissy...I hate to sweat!! such a yucky feeling.. I know.. I also hate to eat any food with my fingers, except for pizza!! I hate to get my hands dirty.. 

I am such a wimp....
I'm not fond of sweating when I walk at noon and have to go back to work after my walk. Other than that, I'm good. 

This morning, it was even muggy in the basement and, til I was done, my t-shirt was wet and the sweat was just dripping down my face and neck and even into my hair.....I don't like it when it gets into my eyes. Should probably wear a band, I guess. And then when I opened the basement door, Molli was right there and she leaped into my arms, so I had to hold her and "tour" the basement with her (every morning, when I open the door, Molli expects to tour the basement with me and it's become our routine). So then I was all sweat and cat hair! Ick. Just ick. Cat hair on my face, cat hair on my arms, cat hair on the front of my wet shirt. Cat hair itches.

The shower felt particularly good this morning. 

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no I get annoyed at sweat because it marks up my glasses. I forgot my towel yesterday and just used a long piece of papertowel around my neck. I sweat in 10 minutes of whatever I am doing. Doesn't take long to soak my head. Its actually really good you sweat. This helps keep blood pressure down I think. Makes sense to release the pressure. I just hate sweat in my eyes. I totally understand.
Or it might be kidney issues and high protein with kidney issues is really bad.

I have always been easy sweating, in blood tests my liver values have been often at the borderline, but last months my kidney values have been over the borderline, can't think much else than sweets and protein that have revealed some underlying issue, but high sweating I heard should of been one tell tale signs, even I have had that sweating issue since a kid.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hee!! Hee!! Sweat and cat hair is not nice. I wear sports fabric that dries the sweat way. It's great however I sweat mostly from my face and head. Since having IPL on my underarms ( I do not recommend) the sweat runs from my underarms down my arms and I can't wipe it away if I've got a bar in my hands. How embarassing!! Oh and when it runs in your eyes that's the worst!!! Sweat is pretty icky really however it's part and parcel of exercise. And besides if I sweat a lot I feel like I did good. Woo!!

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hee!! Hee!! Sweat and cat hair is not nice. I wear sports fabric that dries the sweat way. It's great however I sweat mostly from my face and head. Since having IPL on my underarms ( I do not recommend) the sweat runs from my underarms down my arms and I can't wipe it away if I've got a bar in my hands. How embarassing!! Oh and when it runs in your eyes that's the worst!!! Sweat is pretty icky really however it's part and parcel of exercise. And besides if I sweat a lot I feel like I did good. Woo!!
Maybe soon 80's is back in fashion?
http://www.funwirks.com/Products/Decade-80s/80s-Mullet-Wig-Headbands.aspx

:lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.