The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a rest day yesterday and do I had to make up for it today. I did my chest, shoulders TORQ and legs TORQ. I was hoping to get a jog in but it got dark and I'm too much of a scardy to run in the dark.
Tommorow I'm doing my face to face beginner gymnastics coach course. It will be a full day so no exercise for me. However they sent me an email to make sure I wear comfy clothing because we will be moving all day :clap: I'm excited.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hit the gym again. elliptical machine for 1 hour n 20 min watching judge Judy n the news. I did sprints for 1/2 a mile to try to get a better time. The rest of the time was slow and easy. Lots of sweat. I brought my towel this time. I have to figure out how to put ice cubes inside my towel to cool my face and head down. I hate being red faced from heat. One machine is right under the fan but I was cold! So moved over another machine. Yes I should get headband but my face still sweats. Some of the guys soak their shirt. I haven't been able to soak my shirt yet. only in the very middle of front and back.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I only did 1.12 miles on the elliptical yesterday, then my heart rate was getting a bit too high for me to feel comfortable. I did about 22 minutes on it. I was sweating a lot when I finished. 

I did use the rest of the usual machines. I added a couple more; still at very low weight. I am very cautious.

I get to a point where my muscles will just stop..I mean it--they just stop...they will not do anymore at that machine. So I give up and go to another. I know it is not a way to push myself, but, honestly, I am so afraid of hurting myself. 

For some reason, the past couple of weeks, I have not been 'into' exercising...I really have too force myself. I know it is mind over matter, but......

Oh, I still go, every other day. I could really cut down, but I refuse to do so. It will be too hard to get back to it.--so I do not dare get into that trap. It is the 'trap' time coming in...

You know...when you say, "I don't want to do it anymore"..This is my crucial time. I have to force myself to go. I keep delaying the time I go, but I still go. 

Today is an off day. Tomorrow will be up early for church, then home, breakfast, then gym...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok hitting the gym in a few minutes. I have so many appointments in the next two weeks that I have to get it all in now. Tue and wed night appointments next week. possibly Monday too. then the following week tue and thur for the kittahs. I probably will do my weights tonight. squat/overhead press and barbell rows. maybe some curls thrown in. I wonder if it has gotten better-its been what 2 months since I have done free weights? We will see. Keep up the good work everyone!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh - I've been SO lazy today, and have slept for most of the day :anon: The only 'exercise' I've done is cleaning the kitchen and bathroom of the holiday cottage ready for guests. My excuse is that I woke up with intense back pain this morning, and just finding the energy/motivation to do anything has been pretty challenging :sigh:

Hoping to get back on track tomorrow :cross:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

I didn't want to do it. Didn't want to go down to the basement. Didn't want to walk. I am really pooped this morning. Rick and I got up, fed the cats and sat down at the kitchen table for a while. The longer we sat there, the more I did not want to go downstairs. Finally, I just said, "OK! I'm moving as of NOW!" And down to the basement I went.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm with you @Artiemom  I don't like getting sweaty either, although I do feel a lot better after a hot sweaty workout. It's so humid here right now I break into a sweat just sitting at my desk.

Worked all day yesterday so I just walked the cat for an hour in the evening.

One hour of yoga and a 20 minute run today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two days ago I did over 2 hours of grass cutting with trimmer thing, yesterday I did cut the lawn with lawn mover, that took over 1 hour.

I know I should not, but it started to be really big jungle out there and not much of bleeding in a foot lately, quite largely red though.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good for you @Tammat  

Glad to hear you're getting better @JTbo  I guess we'll allow you to do a bit of gentle gardening, as long as you're careful.

Walked for 90 minutes today. I'm so tired, this heat just makes me want to sleep.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my back and shoulders today. I got going with it before lunch and it went well :clap: If I procrastinate until later I just don't work as hard. Since I've been having more carbs I'm waking up earlier and getting more done. I'm afraid the carbs will make me fat. :seesaw: what do you do though? Be tired and grumpy or a bit frumpy with more energy? :lol3:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did my back and shoulders today. I got going with it before lunch and it went well
If I procrastinate until later I just don't work as hard. Since I've been having more carbs I'm waking up earlier and getting more done. I'm afraid the carbs will make me fat.
what do you do though? Be tired and grumpy or a bit frumpy with more energy?
Go for the extra carbs! You'll be so happy and full of energy that you'll run around like crazy and burn all those carbs off.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Visited at shop with a bicycle, that was 20 minutes of bicycling.

Then I rode 28km in about an hour, I even managed to touch 179bpm heart rate, could keep 159bpm up for over 24 minutes and it did not feel bad, before my injury it used to be that anything above 150bpm was a pain and rare to reach 160bpm no matter what I did.

This is where I enjoyed most, from mid point to one intersection, I test how well bike runs on that section.

Hurt like mad to foot, every pedal lift did felt like a bee sting and I just kept pushing, what you can do, I'm like that, enough means it must be improved, sensible means holding back, then I pay from this all, but it is how I am, more, faster, harder.

Oh and I did absolutely love it, every tiny bit of pain, riding bike hard for me is like having wings and flying around free, not being able to ride is like being a bird in a cage.

Problem is that despite getting higher heart rates, speed was not as good as before, here is ride from almost exactly 2 months ago, same section:

I could push more to go faster, but I did not push as hard and despite HR being higher there was not much of benefit from that, maybe it was that pain in foot, anyway I guess that was my allowed gentle thing, right? :para2: :catguy:

Tammat, take carbs and right after that workout like a champion to burn it all off, use carbs like instant effect Cretin, to boost your tolerance of strain so that you can push that little bit more, but make sure you DO push that little bit more. For example if you are going to workout for 500 calories, then you can take 1 liter of orange juice before workout and you will feel like super woman with muscles of steel, but just don't, don't in any moment of weakness take carbs right before bedtime, you will see those at morning waist measurement for sure, guaranteed.

I'm pushing my envelope here a bit, 1200 to 1600 calorie deficits per day now that I have been doing "gentle" calorie burning, I hate that belly fat, go away stupid belly fat! :wife:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You're all doing beautifully! Keep it up!

Did my stretches while still in bed this morning.

4 miles on the treadmill. They were good miles, too. I was partly walking, partly dancing, I had my arms in the air, I was singing along to the music. It was a good hour.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a VERY lazy weekend and did no exercise at all (apart from that cleaning) :anon: :nono: NOT good enough!

Did about 1 hour 40mins of yoga today. Wanted to go longer, but kept going really dizzy :frusty:

Ugh, sorry to be on such a downer guys :( You're all doing great :clap: Keep it up :sheep:

Do be careful though jtbo jtbo - you don't want to hurt you foot more or delay the healing process :eek:hno:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got all my exercises and stretches done last night.

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hit the gym last night

1 hour on incline elliptical machine

then squats/overhead press/deadlift/ and something I call lawn mower pulls-it works your triceps and biceps. I can't remember the official name of them. I didn't go up on weights-stayed pretty much where I am at. Was packed due to pizza night. I held off but should have ate it before I started because I kept burping it up on the weights.

then did 15 min of stretching afterwards. What a difference. Its annoyingly slow but helps that pain across my buttock and shoulders/back in the morning. I don't wake up as stiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.