The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby and I are trying to drop a few pounds. We are weighing our food portions and counting calories. We have started back walking too. Rain everyday last week so we couldn't do it. Yesterday we walked about a mile. Today we walked 1.8 miles. I would like to try to increase it. But we both are not so young anymore and we have to do what we can.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Nice to have you with us @blueyedgirl5946

I had a manic day, ended up riding my bike all over the place on different errands and then scrubbing floors and walls when I got home. (My boy cats have decided to start spraying.) 

So tired now and it's almost time to start work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
25 minutes on the bike yesterday and lots of energy used house cleaning. .

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
50 minutes of bike riding, weather was kind of normal -15C (5F) but there was quite strong head wind at uphill section which made it feel lot colder.

I'm not running winter tires at the moment, there was bit snow and packed snow, but had not issues with a grip.

Also I did ride quite hard, had no HRM with me, but it was lot faster than previous ride, might been over 140bpm average heart rate.

I'm failing on eating though, overeating again, maybe cold affects me or some other excuse :(

katherinep1225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
just finished home training video(Jillian Michaels' NMTZ - no more trouble zones),

and had sushi, some noodles, and tangerines for breakfast :)

ruaryx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today I ran (actually slowly jogged) for 2.74 miles or 29 minutes.  Yesterday I ran a little less, but felt a little nauseous as I didn't wait long enough after breakfast.  Gotta stay consistent this time.  My knees hurt a little today, but nothing too bad.  

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went home from my beach holiday again and did chest biceps and triceps in the evening and then legs in the morning. I went back to the beach and the next day jogged around the holiday park and did a few interval sprints on the beach.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@JTbo  I imagine you burn off thousands of calories just keeping warm where you are.

Good work everyone, we all kept going for another week.

Another long bike ride for me today.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Walked 3.5 miles yesterday. :walk:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour of cutting firewood with chainsaw and splitting cut pieces smaller with an axe at -30C (-22F) temperature.

No need to sweat, that much at this temperature, my hair turned white though, breathing freezes to hair, making me all frosty.

katherinep1225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've done 200 squats (side, plea, deep and so on) for 30 minutes with a 14kg curl bar on my shoulder the whole time.

It was not easy, but after I've finished it I feel so good.

It's getting colder and colder and it virtually stops me from going outside :(

I might as well hop and jump in the living room for the whole winter!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a busy work schedule all weekend, so didn't do anything more active than housework.

Woke up this morning to 40cm of snow! The snow ploughs haven't made it this far up the mountain yet, so Mr Husband had to strap on his snow shoes and walk to work.

I spent about half an hour shoveling show, just cleared the front path and then the deck so the cats can get out there if they want to. 30 minutes yoga after that.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Four miles walked yesterday and a little snow shoveling so far today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes of quite hard bicycle ride. Average heart rate was 137.

Temp was -30C (-22F) with slight wind, with windchill that was around -40F to -45F, I don't have old world windchill chart handy, but I guess it is around same as Celsius.

I got sweaty hot, I should of left at least one fleece out, got too warm and had to slow down speed a bit. Average speed was around 16km/h which is roughly 10mph, 9.94 or so.

Also 15 minutes of chopping firewood at same temp, my toes don't like from that, safety boots are really cold and it takes about 1 hour to get feeling back to red toes after that, even I have warm socks and insulation warm pads in boots.

Luckily cold should stop soon, after tomorrow it should get better, but tomorrow is still this very cold temp, weather model and expert forecast disagree though, there is chance of cold spell to return after weekend, I really wish to do bike ride already, but my toes cant take longer rides, otherwise not big problems, gears in bike don't work, brakes are weak and bike don't like to roll, but other than that quite ok.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've not been well since my last post. Today was the first day I've been able to get moving again.

90 min equisimulator lesson (horse riding without the horse, but with central heating :9: ). May not be able to walk tomorrow, but it was fun and really useful :D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have tendonitis. Seeing doc tomorrow.. :p

oh well...
There are perhaps fitting common Finnish sayings (not sure if I can translate even nearly correctly), "Athletic won't see a healthy day (means injuries tend to happen to athletics)", but there is also another "Nothing happens to passive person / Something always happens to one that is active person (also has meaning of active person gets lots done)", get well soon and remember to rest! :)

katherinep1225

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's -13 degree celsius, impossible weather to jog.

So I just turned on Rebecca Louise' home training video (Miley Cyrus Workout : Sexy Legs).

It's getting hotter and hotter :) 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a few rest days. I am cranky. :stomp: I'm not sure why? I just am.
Yesterday I went for a 20 min jog and today I plan to do some form of cardio for 20 mins.
Keep going everybody :clap:
You are all doing amazingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.