The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour and 5 minutes of moving snow, chopping firewood, moving firewood, more moving snow.

I walked over 1 kilometer without leaving my yard during that bit over hour and that was not all walking, carrying cats, cat food, fixing my own dinner, all that requires walking other side of yard and back.

However so far there is only 6556 steps for today, but when I'm carrying something it probably is not registering all, also I often forget to move my arms when I'm walking, I guess people think I walk funny robot way as I don't move my arms, I have been trying to remember move my arms now when walking, it seems to help a bit with balance too.

It is weird, everyone else is moving their arms but I have to learn it :D

I'm still having boring recovery days from that heavy workout, but still didn't get my legs sore even with that big workout.

Polar tells me that at Friday I can do good workout, at Thursday I'm still strained from last workout, but that might change when I sync today's data, so I just have to do low intensity recovery level stuff almost whole week.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been walking much lately. It's cold, it's been very windy for days and we are supposed to get a big snow storm tonight. I'm just waiting on spring, the weather network shows it warming up next week. I can't wait.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get a chance on the treadmill this morning. Amber puked her breakfast and the litter boxes were simply horrid. I had to do some major cleaning, so no treadmill walk.

Walked over to the farmers' market during lunch today. Took the long way around, so that gave me 2 miles. Two miles are better than zero miles.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cardio for me today. I ran up and down the same hill as last time for 20 mins. I went better this time. I think I'm building up my cardio fitness a little as I'm doing it every week now. I don't think it was as hot today either so that has to help.
Keep moving everybody :sheep:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
11 days ago I started doing workouts on my lunch at work-I only get 30 min so I really have to pack it in-youtube has great hard sweaty workouts that have kicked my butt. gained weight over the past few months. have about 20-40  lbs I need to get off. I only weigh myself a few days apart and I am still not loosing weight. But I must rein in my eating-I am constantly HUNGRY. So I am trying to eat more protein and less carbs. This working out stuff is hard! Yesterday I did a good workout of arms and abs. Theres a few new moves to work on that I honestly have a hard time with. One looks like you go into a pushup but then bring the outer leg under and out the side like you would be shooting the duck if you have ever rollorskated-This move I always end up on my hip. You swich sides and hold one hand on the floor to hold yourself up and twist to point the leg on the side that you are holding up with your hand-then raise the opposite hand up-hard!! I havent watched the newer videos until this week=I have always done the same stuff I have been doing for 30 years but wow If you like variety check out YouTube and type in: workout complete sweat or similiar and so many to pick from-

Today is focus on cardio since i did a ton of weights type things yesterday. I still can't run more than 5 minutes at a time...but I have seen a bit of improvement as far as being winded when I walk up hills/stairs etc. This working out is hard work!!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes of bicycling and 30 minutes of jogging/walking.

New personal record, I did manage to jog 600 meters non stop, that is at least 3 times better than 1 month ago, but then again, my lungs were working today exceptionally well.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forgot to post last night: 10 push-ups, 40 second plank, 60 second wall sit.
Hopefully soon it'll be warm enough to add some walking/jogging into the mix. :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I finished the week off well. I did my hamstrings, triceps, and abs and then in the evening I went for my Sunday 20 min jog. I'm going to Melbourne for 2 nights by myself to meet up with an old friend. I'll be having 2 complete rest days. There will be some walking involved- SHOPPING!!! Yay I hope there is lots of shopping = lots of walking :lol3:
My body has really needed those extra carbs. I am thriving on them. I don't think I'm getting fatter but this weekend + extra carbs for the last two weeks may not be good in the fat department. I can feel some cardio happening next week.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
2 miles on the treadmill this morning

2.35 miles walked during my lunch hour today.

I'm sick and had to cut my walk short. A horrible, horrible headache, to the point where I'm feeling nauseous. This is not good. I thought I could make my 3.5 miles, but there was just no way. I'd give anything to go home and go to bed.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
on my lunch and did 30 min of strenth train/cardio. Got a good sweat going. Too bad takes so long to get motivated. youtube has many workouts.i type in sweat workout or whatever=there are tons of easy to hard workouts..there are a good many that i just can't do...that one that has you do pushup then jump up to do a jumping jack and down to pushup...wow cant do it yet...but i am now on 20lb for weights..i used to do 40.so i will get there...strength training is the best depression buster-i feel strong emotionally when i lift...

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday 1 hour and 4 minutes of bicycling, keeping heart rate within 10 beats from target of 110 all the time, which is more exhausting than riding at 130 average heart rate but not pedaling all the time.

Day before that I had 45 minute bike ride.

Today I should of had 2 hours of bike ride or 1 hour of running, but I have been sitting on computer trying to learn new skills which might help me to gain some income in future, but I feel it was again wasted day, it is hard to sit on place more than 10 minutes when you would like to go out and have a run.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I hope you are feeling better. Hugs to you.
I did legs with Rohan today. I didn't train yesterday so I'm going to make it up during the week but I don't think I will do extra today. It's been 38.9 degrees Celsius.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, Tammat.
 Head is still pounding this morning and things are not going well. I really need some sleep. And I am sick and tired of feeling so sick and tired; this has been going on for several months now. I feel so stressed all the time, even when I'm walking, and walking used to help me calm down. That being said, I did manage 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning and I plan on walking during lunch today. 

Keep going, Tammat. Even when I don't say anything, I always read all the posts and I think everybody is doing beautifully!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, Tammat. :hugs:  Head is still pounding this morning and things are not going well. I really need some sleep. And I am sick and tired of feeling so sick and tired; this has been going on for several months now. I feel so stressed all the time, even when I'm walking, and walking used to help me calm down. That being said, I did manage 2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning and I plan on walking during lunch today. 

Keep going, Tammat. Even when I don't say anything, I always read all the posts and I think everybody is doing beautifully!
Winchester Winchester Sending you some hugs and feel better wishes.

I hope we can resume our walking schedule today. I was sick with a cold, better now, but still somewhat congested.

Status
Not open for further replies.