The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tell you, Norachan's cats have some kind of conspiracy going on :D

What a nice thing she found nice lady and nice that you know her too :)

I got Polar to work yesterday, I have one computer in garage to play music, managed to update watch with that computer and now it has been working.

48 minutes of bicycling, then 31 minutes of moving snow, chopping and carrying firewood.

11052 steps it says, also it says that I slept peacefully only 6 hours and 54 minutes out of 8 hours 23 minutes, I'm getting sore throat when sleeping which wakes me up a lot, I need to do some renovation when weather warms a bit.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lazy day today, only 6300 steps. I'm sleepy and didn't do much other than cleaning a bit and groceries. I also woke up with a really sore eye this morning so I didn't take my daughter to her kinder gym class.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Yes, you're right! They've all got this big conspiracy to make me spend hours trekking through the forest after them. I'm going to have thighs of steel by the time they are done.

90 minutes walk yesterday. I have to work all day today, so I won't have time to be active. I'm really looking forward to sitting down all day!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made up for missing abs on Friday and did them today. I added some wright to one exercise. Abs seem to adjust to exercise pretty quickly. Then I did 20 mins cardio. I just made up my own circuit. Rohan is back tomorrow so that will be fun. :lol3:
I love exercise. I would seriously fall apart without it.
Keep going everybody :clap: And remember to eat well because your body deserves it and you deserve to feel great :D You are great :D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 hours and 20 minutes of bicycling, sadly Polar run out of battery hour before I was done bicycling, I took hilly route this time, no matter how slowly I rode those hills, I still reached max HR, 168bpm was highest it was willing to go today, which is more than most days:

This 1.4km (less than a mile) was quite hard, at the end I walked bicycle up small hill and even walking did got HR over 160bpm, but whole section in graph had 10cm (4 inches) of snow and that snow was kind of tiny ice balls, so it took at least two steps to move one step forward, it was quite hard work to go trough that, if it would of been normal snow it would of not been issue to ride, but now it was maximum effort to get trough it somehow.

Bicycling seem to count as many steps, right now watch reads 22136 steps, so I have walked bit more since last sync.

I did not plan to have this kind of workout, it was lot harder and longer than I intended, because annoying snow.

Polar's website tells me that I should have more than 5 days of recovery from the effort, not sure about that, but I guess tomorrow I have rest day. Legs don't feel sore at all now, I wonder how it is tomorrow.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! :wavey: Mind if I join? :)
Long story short, I'm not happy with my body. Never have been. I thought about joining the weight loss thread simply for the sake of getting some help/support with better eating habits, but I'm not super comfortable with the idea of a weigh-in; scales do bad things to me... I get obsessed with numbers, stop eating, yadda yadda, and I end up in a pretty unhealthy spiral. And I don't really need to lose weight, just get healthier. I'm "skinny fat." Ever been scrawny and flabby? Not fun.
So, my goal this year is just to get in shape and be healthier. I've tried exercising by myself, but after about a week I always lose motivation. So here I am! :D
I've got a few exercise plans pinned on Pinterest and I'm planning on staying tonight, but I need help sticking with it, so don't let me slack off! :lol3:

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys! :wavey: Mind if I join? :)
Long story short, I'm not happy with my body. Never have been. I thought about joining the weight loss thread simply for the sake of getting some help/support with better eating habits, but I'm not super comfortable with the idea of a weigh-in; scales do bad things to me... I get obsessed with numbers, stop eating, yadda yadda, and I end up in a pretty unhealthy spiral. And I don't really need to lose weight, just get healthier. I'm "skinny fat." Ever been scrawny and flabby? Not fun.
So, my goal this year is just to get in shape and be healthier. I've tried exercising by myself, but after about a week I always lose motivation. So here I am! :D
I've got a few exercise plans pinned on Pinterest and I'm planning on staying tonight, but I need help sticking with it, so don't let me slack off! :lol3:
:wavey: Of course you are welcome. I too was skinny fat. I got down to my goal weight. In fact I was the same height and weight as Jillian Michaels. Did my body look like hers? Not one bit. I was almost 40 and my booty drooped, my skin was bumpy and not smooth. If I lost any more weight I would have looked scary in the face and my back would be boney. I know because I had been smaller years before and it wasn't pleasant. I ran and did cardio circuit training for a couple of years and saw no real changes. then I began lifting weights. It will be 2 years since I very first started at the end of March. The difference in my body is amazing and I just keep getting fitter and fitter. I highly recommend adding in some weights if you can.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:wavey: Of course you are welcome. I too was skinny fat. I got down to my goal weight. In fact I was the same height and weight as Jillian Michaels. Did my body look like hers? Not one bit. I was almost 40 and my booty drooped, my skin was bumpy and not smooth. If I lost any more weight I would have looked scary in the face and my back would be boney. I know because I had been smaller years before and it wasn't pleasant. I ran and did cardio circuit training for a couple of years and saw no real changes. then I began lifting weights. It will be 2 years since I very first started at the end of March. The difference in my body is amazing and I just keep getting fitter and fitter. I highly recommend adding in some weights if you can.
I need to get set of weights, I do different kinds of workouts on bike, on foot, also firewood stuff is bit like working with weights, but I should have two weight training days or at least one to get bit different workouts, those changes in routine can't be bad, I think so I keep looking, problem is I don't have 150cm or 170cm of space, 120cm might be doable, maybe.

Anyway, weight training certainly will help, I tend to believe that little bit of everything works well, same with diet, little bit of everything, but it does not matter if little bit of everything is on one kind of food, at least for me eating many different kinds of foods is bit too much hazzle, I try to pile everything to one food :D

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've got a target trip planned for tomorrow, I'll check out the weights they've got. :) I'm planning on a gym membership too, just need to make sure we've got enough money coming in on a regular basis first.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Started a couple of 30-day challenges today, mostly to see how far I can get with them. I'll do them more seriously once I've gotten back into the swing of things. :)
Today was 5 push-ups, 30-second wall-sit, and 20-second plank.
Not gonna lie, even that was a bit of a struggle. :lol3: I did "girl" push-ups (knees down) because I can't do real ones anymore (yet!).

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Started a couple of 30-day challenges today, mostly to see how far I can get with them. I'll do them more seriously once I've gotten back into the swing of things. :)
Today was 5 push-ups, 30-second wall-sit, and 20-second plank.
Not gonna lie, even that was a bit of a struggle. :lol3: I did "girl" push-ups (knees down) because I can't do real ones anymore (yet!).
Fabulous :clap:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome aboard @eck1kaylie

Sounds like you've made a pretty good start already.

I spent about four hours outside today. I'm re-netting my cat enclosure, which means a lot of  standing around in the cold nailing netting to fence posts and trying to figure out how to work the net around the trees so the kitties can't escape.

Not really that tough physically, I'm hoping shivering counts as exercise.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my back and shoulders with Rohan today. I told him about my hamstrings workout and he approved :D.
Keep going everybody :clap:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were going to walk this morning but it's raining so I will do a workout when my son goes for his nap. I haven't decided which one yet, probably one of the t25 ones.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Treadmill is working again....

2.25 miles on the treadmill this morning

3 miles walked during my lunch hour today

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Treadmill is working again....

2.25 miles on the treadmill this morning
3 miles walked during my lunch hour today
Woo! hoo! Great to hear.
I did my legs with Rohan today. He took weight off my heavy squats and really made me work hard on technique. I love leg day once it's over [emoji]128521[/emoji]
Keep going everybody. Just get started. That's all it takes [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just a half hour walk and a couple of hours working on the fence today. The cats keep spotting little holes and escape routes I've missed. just when I think I'm done I see another one outside.

Pesky critters!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a half hour walk and a couple of hours working on the fence today. The cats keep spotting little holes and escape routes I've missed. just when I think I'm done I see another one outside.

Pesky critters!
They are just making sure you keep exercising Mummy Cat :lol3:

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Didn't have time for last night's "workout", so I did it this morning instead (I'll still be doing tonight's on time).
5 push-ups, 45 second wall sit, 20 second plank.

Status
Not open for further replies.