The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes bike ride and after that 20 minutes of jogging / walking. Got average pace of 7 minutes per kilometer and best pace was 5 minutes per kilometer.

Would need to do at least same amount tomorrow and I'm completely out of motivation.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes bike ride and after that 20 minutes of jogging / walking. Got average pace of 7 minutes per kilometer and best pace was 5 minutes per kilometer.

Would need to do at least same amount tomorrow and I'm completely out of motivation.
You can do it. Don't give up. Get a good nights sleep and get started. That's all it takes. Come on. I know you can do it.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can do it. Don't give up. Get a good nights sleep and get started. That's all it takes. Come on. I know you can do it.
Thx Tammat, good night sleep did help, got 35 minute bike ride done and before that I did fell and limb a tree which counts as 40 minute workout.

Actually yesterday's running made my legs sore, really well sore that is, that is rare event, but very welcome.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thx Tammat, good night sleep did help, got 35 minute bike ride done and before that I did fell and limb a tree which counts as 40 minute workout.

Actually yesterday's running made my legs sore, really well sore that is, that is rare event, but very welcome.
:woohoo: I knew you could do it. :clap:

I did back and shoulders today. My exercises for strength have changed. Everything else is the same but the small change makes it a bit more interesting. I also went for a 20 min jog. I bought a new inexpensive watch today to time my runs. I had to try it out!!!

Keep going everybody :clap:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
The past 4 days I have upped my weights for arms-got a bit sore going on afterwards but none this morning. going to add more this workout. Although my back feels a bit tight but I did some more yardwork yesterday bending over as I broke my rake and only have a hand rake..so I stuck my back against the hood of the car and bent backwards to try to reset it=I think it helped! Or rather my truck. Its the perfect height to curve my upper back backwards without falling on my face.

Keep up the work! My pants still fit the same and I didn't weigh in. I will tonight but I doubt I lost anything. BUT I feel better. A bit more awake and not so sore achy like I would be if I didnt move around enough...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Burn 300 Calories Metabolism Booster HIIT Workout 24 min

Ok officially found a workout I couldnt complete. I got up to 12 minutes. Its 24 minutes and is super high strength training with jumps. I couldnt do the dog kicks or hand stand type=I leaned against my desk thats heavy and made a 45 degree angle rather than plank on the floor-for those who are bored I suggest trying a few of these moves. I loved the lunges and swapping a weight from one hand to another-=these work your core=and well I need all the help....hopefully this helps me learn new moves...youtube has so much! So I did classic pushups and other moves when I couldnt do the moves she did-still sweated for half an hour! I think I will break this workout into three sections because its too much all at once...

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I actually really like working out once I get into it, it's just hard to get going.
I don't have much extra time during the day. I usually work out at night after work (well, when I actually work out, that is...).
And I don't have the money for any sort of classes.
I know what you mean. Once you start it's easy enough, but that initial burst of energy is hard to find some times.

I walked for an hour and cleared snow for 30 minutes on Saturday.

2 hours walk on Sunday.

30 minutes snow clearing yesterday and this morning.

It's like winter again here, we had 50 cm of snow last night. My new running shoes are too pretty to go out in this, they're being worn around the house to break them in until I can get out for a run.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definatley find it harder to get started when it's cold. I'm not looking forward to that.
I did my legs with Rohan today. I started off scared and then I was able to over power it and I did much better. My technique on the heavy reps is improved and I got 30 reps!!!! ( for my torq- lighter weight) Wowsers that's about the second time maybe third?? I got 20 reps then 15 but there were a few technique probs in there. Then to push things to the next level he put me on a stationary bike and I did 3x 1 min sprint intervals and for the sprints he turned the resistance up and the last 20 secs I had to stand up and pedal and keep my arms straight so that all the tension was on my legs. My leg workouts are downright cruel but my legs are changing. I see my reflection in Windows when I'm shopping and I'm amazed. I've finally given up trying to get leaner too. I'm carrying my fat better and the more good food I eat the more muscle I grow and in turn it will burn up the fat. Just someone put a ban on choc chip cookies would you please. And a ban on ingredients to bake them.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 minutes of carrying heavy logs, started from lighter ones and ended with heavier ones.

These are thick steel, but steel seems not to be proper quality as I used only one arm and still tool did bend, even logs were not that big, there are lot heavier that I would need to move.

After that failure I resorted to 37 minutes of running, new record distance of continuous running 2.3km, well it is more of jogging I guess which I do:

Then I tried to do some coding, but felt more like exercising, so added 1 hour 20 minutes of bicycling:

Still would do some nordic walking or such, but there is so many chores I need to do, like laundry, dinner and all that, also it is almost midnight already, days are too short, anyway tracker lies 20 522 steps and 4032 calories burned, believe who wants, I doubt what thing is telling me.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2.5 miles on the treadmill this morning
3.5 miles walked today during my lunch hour
Glad to see the treadmill is holding out. :clap:

I did chest and biceps with Rohan this morning. My legs haven't been too sore at all so I had a little nap this afternoon and then went for a 20 min jog before dinner. We are having the most gorgeous autumn weather so I'm trying to make the most of it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's still knee deep in snow here.

I started doing yoga again today. I haven't had time to do yoga for a month, been to busy clearing snow and lumberjacking and chasing escaped cats around the forest.

I just did 45 minutes today. I was stiff! I feel like a little old lady.

It felt great to be doing yoga again though.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
52 minutes of moving heavy logs, birch wood, my skeleton made weird crunching noises when I pulled those logs, those wood scissors bended like fondue, so I had to use kind of flat rope that has racket mechanism, it is used to tie stuff on flat bed etc. so that did hold up, but now I had issues when that 'rope' was tight around my shoulders and behind my neck that my spine joints started to gave in as well as shoulder structure.

So I had to leave 3 largest in the woods still, I need to figure out better way, logs tend to stuck into snow so that I have to lift one end up while pull them and I guess it is bit too much for my strength. I think I need some kind of weighting thing so I would know how heavy those are, I know it is over 100kg for sure.

Maximum heart rate was 148bpm while doing that.

1 hours and 3 minutes of tempo bike riding, I did maximum heart rate testing there too and it came out as 159bpm, I thought that I saw 165bpm when riding though, but just did not get any higher, I should get to at least 180bpm and I have been able to reach higher than what I should of when I was younger.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a 10 min jog to warm up then I made up my own little cardio circuit which I did for 20 mins. Tomorrow is my last workout for the week. I can't believe how fast the days go by.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Walked for 2 hours today. the sun was out for the first time in ages.

Also did about 40 minutes of yoga.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did another half hour of exercise but feel under the weather so i didnt push myself as much but I took yesterday off as a break. Today found it hard to get motivated. But I got some more done before my knee started throbbing. Someday it will not do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.