The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you @Tammat
 I had a look at some weight lifters doing squats on Youtube. Do you do your squats with weights? I think that hard part for me would be not falling flat on my butt.

:lol3:

I did a two hour, 6 kilometer walk with my friend V yesterday. I think this might be the last of our long walks for a while. V is due to have her baby next Friday. Have to find someone else to explore the forest with.

90 minutes walk today.
Yes I do my squats with weights. These ones I used 4kg Dumbbells. I do warm up squats without weights though. Keeping the tension on the muscle works them very well. You don't need any weight. It's good to do them in front of a mirror so you can make sure you get the technique right.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
50 minutes of bicycling, average heart rate was 149 and maximum 169, often I can get only to 160, but today seems to be better day than most days and I can push myself much harder than usual.

Yesterday 3 hours of hammering, constructing, moving firewood etc.

My back still has issue, but it seem to be getting better slowly now, not time until it will be just fine, I hope.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked/pushed a stroller for like 7 hours yesterday. I'm exhausted today from it. I'm hoping to start my exercise videos again tomorrow depending on how I am feeling. I have a bad ankle and it's hurting pretty bad from yesterday.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to see you are all still exercising.
I have rested all week. I really thought I would have ended up doing something but nope. I met up with a Rohan on wed and went over my new programme which starts on Monday. I'm going to be doing 5 reps/ 8 sets/ 60 secs rest. I haven't gone this heavy before but he feels that I now have enough experience that my joints ect.. Will be able to handle it!!! Woo Hoo!! The end of the week I will go back to lower weights and high reps. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I can't wait to start.
You all keep going!!! You are doing great :clap:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't posted here for a while. @Tammat  I think your a great motivator. When you're not here to tell us about your workouts the rest of us forget about ours.

I had a day off on Sunday, did 90 minutes of yoga and 90 minutes of walking on Monday. Tuesday was 30 minutes on my bike then an hour of yoga. Wednesday the same. Yesterday I spent the whole day doing chores, but nothing very strenuous.

Today I rode my bike for an hour.

Keep going everyone. Autumn is the best season to be active.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My back muscle has some issue, near hip on left side on my back there is twice the size of egg bump/harder spot and it aches there, it gets lot worse when bicycling, so I have to hold off any exercise for now.

Even doing pushups is bit impossible.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear jtbo jtbo that doesn't sound good. Take care.

I started my new programme yesterday.i had myself all worked up about it that it ended up not being as hard as I thought. Yesterday was chest, biceps and triceps. Today was back and shoulders.

We are here to motivate each other so I'm glad to be of service Norachan Norachan :lol3: now you better get exercising ok!!!! ;)
I agree about autumn being the best season to exercise. We have had a few spring days here but this week is rainy and wintry. We have needed the rain so I'm trying to be positive about it :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The weather has been dreadful here the past few days, so much for feeling more motivated in the autumn.

I worked all day Saturday and Sunday, so didn't do anything more active than lug a few bags of groceries home.

One hour of yoga and an hour walk yesterday, 90 minutes of yoga today.

I'd love to get out for a walk this afternoon, but Typhoon #19 is doing it's thing out there.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning everybody!

I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

(We did a lot of walking in Ottawa last week. In fact, I broke my personal best record.....hit 30,057 steps on Thursday! Yay, me! 
 Til then, my record was a little over 26,000 steps, so I am pleased. We got up Thursday morning and walked around the Byward Market area--just a fantastic place to walk around with lots of farm stands and the produce was spectacular, plenty of restaurants and food stores, all kinds of neat things and stores. Then we walked out by Parliament and down by the canal for a while and checked out the locks at the canal, went back to the US Embassy to pick up my copy of Hannah's accident report from the Ottawa police officer, back along the canal for a while, then drove over to TPlace, but ended up parking about 1-1/2 miles away from the stadium, so hoofed it over to the stadium and then back to the car after the concert. Heck, til we finally found a parking space, Rick said we probably could have walked to the stadium from our room! And we probably would have been better off in the long run. We got a lot of walking in on Thursday!)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about to do t25 speed 1.0. Just put my son down for his nap and was sitting down for a minute before I start.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It finally stopped raining.

90 minutes walk this afternoon, in the damp and dripping forest.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Norachan, I think that even your damp and dripping forest would make for a beautiful walk.

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No exercise for me today. My back has been bothering me and I can't move much this morning. I definitely can't do a workout.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't gone to the fitness center since last Wednesday
I was sick for the rest of last week. Still plodding on the treadmill. It's been too hot and humid to go walking outside

The walk challenge ended last Friday
My team did pretty well.The team's average step was in the 16,000 range
We ranked 4,000-something among all global participants... and ranked13 within the company
Everyone had fun doing it

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my legs yesterday with Rohan. Squats with a heavy bar on my shoulders scare me so before I went I got myself all worked up. Silly me. At least when you fear the worst it never seems as bad as you thought. This was a new programme so I had the fear of the unknown ;)
Today is the same muscle groups as Monday but this time lighter weights and more reps. The sun is shining so that certainly helps to get started.

Move people move. We can do this :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mrs. B, I hope you feel better. JTbo, how are you doing?

LTS3, it's just been nasty outside with all the humidity; I've been hitting the treadmill, too....no way am I going outside until this spell clears out.

Tammat, you rock. You just rock.

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My back is how it has been long time, certain moves hurt and can't stay in one position too long, can't lift much of anything except if I use only right side of body.

I did however started to build new bed today, cut wood to appropriate length and planed new bed parts I made from those pieces of wood, soon I will pick up bit of wood pieces that will be bottom of my bed.

I try to build bed that is quite high up in air, so that during winter freezing temps of floor are not at my back.

Today I did pick up mattress from post office that I bought online from Ikea, customer service lady had bit of trouble moving the mattress as it does weight about 30kg and there was also that thinner mattress in same package that comes to top of thicker mattress, I have trouble lifting on left side because of my back so I did pick it up with only my right arm, she was bit surprised of that and said something like o-kay.

Working out does work out, I hope that new bed will help with my back as this old one certainly is not helping.

Also I get roughly two square meters more usable space by making new bed, as I have less than 10 square meters adding two is huge amount, that is 20% improvement.

So I'm still alive and kicking, but bit crippled at the moment. There is actually clear bump between hip and spine and it does move when I walk, it is exactly the spot which is the problem, so I guess I need to show it to someone.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester you rock too :clap: you are so consistent. I'm still waiting for you to wear your treadmill out. ;) It must have been over 12 months ago now that I worked out that you had walked from My house to Adelaide. That's sooooo far. You must be half way around Australia by now :clap: keep going :banana1:
jtbo jtbo yes I think it would be a very good idea to get your back looked out. An elevated bed is a great idea.

After that leg workout on Wednesday my legs were stiff and sore and then some :D Thursday and Friday was light weights and high reps. They were quick workouts too. So I got through my first week. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I have the option to do my legs over the weekend ( shorter workout) and I'm all set up to do it. These legs of mine are going to change. I am the boss of them so they will do what I say!!! :D And then they will fit back into my favourite jeans. I love those jeans.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been forgetting to keep a note of what I do.

I rode my bike for an hour on Friday, did an hour of yoga yesterday and walked for 75 minutes today. 

Status
Not open for further replies.