The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I did build the bed which I made parts day before.

I got idea to paint two walls and part of the ceiling so to do that I had to move everything out, paint and put everything in, also to construct bed frame after paint was enough dry, that I did yesterday.

Also I did lot of laundry as season is clearly changing and it is time to start putting some warmer clothes on.

I noticed that this morning, as I did woke up 7 am and it was quite near freezing temps then, 0 Celsius, bed was too high and I had to cut some height off, as I was using saw at 0 Celsius in t-shirt I started to feel that need for something warmer to wear.

So for yesterday that was 10 hours of moving non stop, walking, carrying, sawing, painting etc. I had no HRM on, but I think I burn quite some calories that day, today I kind of feel it.

Day before yesterday was around 3 hours of similar activity and today it took 2 hours to cut legs of bed, after that I actually tested new bed height by sleeping two hours without intention.

At least back is not even nearly as bad as it has been, maybe new Ikea mattress works then.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everybody :clap: keep going.
I did my chest, biceps and triceps today. Heavy weights, low reps. I had to have a break between biceps and triceps to drop the car off for a service. It would have been better to keep going but it got done in the end.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Walked for two hours this morning, an hour uphill then a longer, winding route back down. The forest looks beautiful at the moment and I saw loads of deer.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

It's to be a glorious day today with temps in the lower 70s, a nice breeze and lots of sunshine. I brought walking clothes with me and I'm going for a quick walk during lunch. Maybe only 1-1/2 miles, but we'll see how it goes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Add another 3 miles walking today during lunch. It's a glorious day today. Just beautiful. And I had to take advantage of it. So I have 6.5 miles in today. 

I won't do that everyday bc I don't want to booger up my foot again or do anything to my knee. Maybe every other day.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took an after dinner stroll today
It was cool and breezy and definitley walking weather 
The walk challenge is over so I've been slacking off on going to the fitness center
I am determined to go tomorrow for an hour or so.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't exercised since last Tuesday but have been walking every day. I babysit a little girl and walk her to school and pick her up. I've been too tired to exercise, my son has been waking up at night or very early and he's walking now so I'm constantly chasing him around the house.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minutes horse riding today. They bought a new horse, an 8 year old roan called Cha Cha. She's such a sweetie, I had a really nice ride today.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my legs with Rohan today. Last night my daughter had an ear ache so I was up in the night with her. That and the leg workout has worn me out. I had an afternoon nap and now I'm looking forward to an early bedtime ;)
Roast pork is cooking in the oven so I'll stay awake to eat that :drool: I need the protein :D

Keep going everybody. Sometimes it's hard to get going or it's just plain hard. It makes us stronger and it makes us better so it's worth it.
We are worth it.
Our baby cats are worth it. :rub:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Your poor daughter, Tammat....ear aches are horrible. Hope she's feeling better today.

Save some of that roast pork for me, please. It's been a while since I've done a pork roast, still kind of hot around here for that. I could use some of that protein, too!

3.5 miles on the treadmill this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
3.0 miles walked today during lunch. It's a really nice day today, although a bit warmer than it was on Monday. 

6.5 miles for the day.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked about 5 km today. I babysit a little girl and walk her to school and pick her up, that's 1 km each time and we went for 2 walks today on top of that. I am exhausted, pushing a double stroller with my 22 pound son and 26 pound daughter in it gets tiring (except the last walk, my husband pushed it).

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
An hour of yoga today. I'd really like to go for a walk, but the rain has been coming down in sheets for the last 24 hours.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back and shoulders today. High reps lighter weights. Thats me done for another week. Next week I'm having a rest from the weights. I'll be doing some jogging.
Keep on going everybody :clap:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I broke my collar bone.

Had to play with a scooter on wet grass, male thing I guess, then fell down and hit my shoulder, collar bone did not like that.

Good part is that my back seems to be normal, first day for long time, but now I need to wait bone to heal, wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.