Tera + 2 - 4

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Of all the pictures I've taken I love this one. The muted tones only highlight the expression in their eyes. They look right in the camera. It's a part of their lives since before they can remember. I hit pay dirt on the first picture so often it's almost sinful.
That's another prize-winning shot.
  You're right about the way the colors make their eyes stand out more, eyes that are filled with such expression.  I wish Chula and Paul accepted the camera the way Toad and Frog do.  Far too many of my shots are losers.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

That's another prize-winning shot.
  You're right about the way the colors make their eyes stand out more, eyes that are filled with such expression.  I wish Chula and Paul accepted the camera the way Toad and Frog do.  Far too many of my shots are losers.  
Oh you should try taking a picture of Mook. She ends up looking deformed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

We ran through PetSmart and those beds were marked down from 29 to 9.99 each. We grabbed 3. These are a sub species. One eyed Two horned flying purple people eaters and yes I think of that song each time I'm running the pet attachment over them. I am so thankful that we have a living room that can accommodate not only our stuff but a 3x4 foot cage and still leave tons of play room on the floor. It's allowed us to raise them safely but in constant contact with us. I still cage them for vacuuming but last time they were asleep when I finished. The also sat on the breakfast bar ( cat walk) and took turns like well mannered children getting treats. In the end the kits needing to be socialized was the reason for taking the opening for Tera when it became available at 4 weeks. They needed out of the nest. Our home is their normal. Poor things.
That pair is living the high life.  "Poor things," my Aunt Fanny (or "my aunt's fanny" if you prefer).  ALL cats should be such "'poor things."    You have given those kittens a little taste of heaven, and have given their mama her best chance at finding that for herself.  And I'm willing to bet that if you asked Tera RIGHT NOW how she felt, she would tell you that life is better than she ever thought it might be.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Loving those photos. They are breathtaking! Keep up the good work!! Now we need some videos too :)
I'll get back to the video. We've had internet issues so if I want to download something like a video I have to drive to the end of the road where there is good network service on my phone.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
So the new heated cat house arrived today. I bought the one with the highest safety rating for outdoors. It's not as cute as the nursery was but the nights here are bitter cold and we've been running the infrared heater at 72 in that corner of the living room at night.  You can see how big the kits are now.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

That pair is living the high life.  "Poor things," my Aunt Fanny (or "my aunt's fanny" if you prefer).  ALL cats should be such "'poor things."    You have given those kittens a little taste of heaven, and have given their mama her best chance at finding that for herself.  And I'm willing to bet that if you asked Tera RIGHT NOW how she felt, she would tell you that life is better than she ever thought it might be.
My mind knows that Tera is better off. It became obvious after I got Tera to trust me she was not born a feral. It would have been immoral to toss her back outside fixed or not.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I heard a commotion in the kitchen and looked and there was Mook throwing herself around in the pink cube. So I grabbed my phone and as soon as me feet touched the kitchen floor this is what happened.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Mook turned into a frog?  Is there a prince somewhere for her to kiss?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Mook turned into a frog?  Is there a prince somewhere for her to kiss?
Michigan J Frog. The old cartoon where the singing dancing frog goes limp every time the man who found him tries to promote him to an agent. Mook does this. She was in that cube doing summersaults , airs above ground and all round cuteness. I turn on the camera and she sits down.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I really thought I was going to capture Mook acting like Mook. She was practically doing cartwheels. I have a better shot at getting a clear picture of bigfoot.

margd

Veteran
Purraise

I really thought I was going to capture Mook acting like Mook. She was practically doing cartwheels. I have a better shot at getting a clear picture of bigfoot.
She's a clever girl, that Mook!    She sensed the camera even through the cube.  

LOL bigfoot... 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Such progress. Up until a few days ago Mook looked stressed and tense when one of the meatballs invaded her space. Make no mistake she not only whaps them she stands on their heads to make a point. She was wide awake here but of course shut her eyes when I picked up the camera.

Mercy running around with a shoestring usually hooks two meatballs instantly. Packing paper must be left on the floor for at least three days to avoid kitty riots.

Heated house for the kits. With the weather kicking into full winter this should keep them cozy at night. It's killing me to keep the heat in the entire house at 72 day and night. I took the plastic flaps off the front and back. I'm afraid the kits will chew and I know Mook the plastic eater will. this one had the highest rating I could find plus the cord is spring coil wrapped.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

They had an existential crisis last night at bed time. Where did my fluffy bed go and what is this thing in here with us !  I had to get up and put them in the house about 3 times and they ran out of it 3 times and continued with a very vocal protest.  And then they figured it out. ( Frog on left, Toad on right )