Tera + 2 - 4

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been the same about cats.  Where we used to live, there were a lot of "community cats".  Any time a cat came into our yard, if it was possible, (s)he got spayed/neutered, basic innoculations, vet check, and stayed with us, except for small kittens who went with a trusted rescuer friend who did adoptions.  And I found out that one of these cats had been bought from a "pet" store, but allowed to roam outside.  I did befriend the famlly involved; they didn't have much in the way of resources, and they did truly love cats.  We ended up helping them out a couple of times with very necessary vet visits, our gift to them and more importantly, to the cats involved.  They were very grateful to us.  Any other cat, though, I never checked to see if (s)he had a guardian, because my policy was always that if you are wandering around outside in a very unsafe neighborhood, and you are in my yard, you become a cat under my protection.  

I know how gut-wrenching it can be to make decisions involving cats!  Been there, done that so many times.  Always consider the cat's needs first, no matter how much it might hurt me.  That'll always be the policy here.  

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Darlin, we knew.  Oh, we knew.  And we also knew that you, of all people, would make the choice that would be best for HER, no matter how hard for you. 
Agreed.  I think most felt a heavy heart knowing that the time would come.  BUT, we also knew that you researched and did the best thing possible for sweet Tera.

You have so much support from all at TCS, and we know what strength it took to make that decision.

xoxo

Tera will find a beautiful loving home.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You really must equip these kittens with different colored collars...or dye the tips of their tails!  They're both precious, but I, like most of us, can't tell who we are looking at!  ERM...at whom we are looking...whatever.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

You really must equip these kittens with different colored collars...or dye the tips of their tails!  They're both precious, but I, like most of us, can't tell who we are looking at!  ERM...at whom we are looking...whatever.
Often I can't tell. And Toads gender is still up in the air due to a pigment spot making things rather obscure. Shouldn't a little boy cat have balls by now ? Vet visit coming up in about 10 days. In person they're very different. They are so used to the camera they are wonderful subjects unlike Mook who getting a good picture of is a daily struggle. Mercy is a bit easier.  I need a camera with a much faster shutter.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not sure...I would think they would be obvious by now, but sometimes they don't descend.  Ah well...the vet should be able to sort it all out...maybe...hopefully...

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This is such a great record of them growing up.  They get cuter every day. That purple monster bed is terrific.  It's the "One-eyed-one-horned flying purple people eater" of song fame, right?  Ooops.  No, I see the second horn.  Anyway, it's great.  

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

This is such a great record of them growing up.  They get cuter every day. That purple monster bed is terrific.  It's the "One-eyed-one-horned flying purple people eater" of song fame, right?  Ooops.  No, I see the second horn.  Anyway, it's great.  
We ran through PetSmart and those beds were marked down from 29 to 9.99 each. We grabbed 3. These are a sub species. One eyed Two horned flying purple people eaters and yes I think of that song each time I'm running the pet attachment over them. I am so thankful that we have a living room that can accommodate not only our stuff but a 3x4 foot cage and still leave tons of play room on the floor. It's allowed us to raise them safely but in constant contact with us. I still cage them for vacuuming but last time they were asleep when I finished. The also sat on the breakfast bar ( cat walk) and took turns like well mannered children getting treats. In the end the kits needing to be socialized was the reason for taking the opening for Tera when it became available at 4 weeks. They needed out of the nest. Our home is their normal. Poor things.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Of all the pictures I've taken I love this one. The muted tones only highlight the expression in their eyes. They look right in the camera. It's a part of their lives since before they can remember. I hit pay dirt on the first picture so often it's almost sinful.

Last edited: