Purraise
I'll try to get my father to freaking listen to reason -_-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
p.s tried to feed him yogurt, nope.

I need something quick & easy to make for the morning.. hmm..

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the stool is normal variation from change in diet. He should still see a vet for deworming, vaccines, and a well visit.

Alternate for morning me should be your default - the wet food. Dry food when you're away/asleep for long periods of time sounds good.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think the stool is normal variation from change in diet. He should still see a vet for deworming, vaccines, and a well visit.

Alternate for morning me should be your default - the wet food. Dry food when you're away/asleep for long periods of time sounds good.
Alternate for morning me? What? 

Oh and yea, he is going on 19th to get his vaccines and a checkup obviously :)

I'll try my best.

If you could just take my diet plan and fix anything wrong with it.. that'd be great!

Morning: Chicken

Afternoon: LeChat

Evening: LeChat + Olive Oil

Night: Alternate between LeChat and Heart.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Night: Alternate between LeChat and 2 Raw Hearts**

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alternate for morning me? What? 
Oh and yea, he is going on 19th to get his vaccines and a checkup obviously :)
I'll try my best.
If you could just take my diet plan and fix anything wrong with it.. that'd be great!
Morning: Chicken
Afternoon: LeChat
Evening: LeChat + Olive Oil
Night: Alternate between LeChat and Heart.
Should have said morning meal, not morning me.

If you're feeding dry food the rest of the time this looks good to me. He should have something to eat whenever he's hungry.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing wonders - it can be so worrying but try to keep calm. I htink his poop is probably OK but of course mention it to the vet when you go. I am more concerned he has not been wormed. Almost all kittens are born with worms, and should be treated as soon as they are old enough to be Ok with the treatment - usually around 8-10 weeks. Theye need two treatments 3 weeks apart to control all developing worms. 8 months is far too late. There are special worming treatments designed for kittens - ask the vet again next time.

You father does need some education on cats, but I understand this might be difficult. Try and get the vet to talk to him - he needs to speak to someone with authority and knowledge.

Good luck with everything

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He has not been dewormed. Breeder said kittens don't need deworming until 8 months.. And my dad refused to take him to the vet.. Saying he will sort it out with time. I think my father is retarded.
This sounds quite peculiar.  So I wonder if you heard right - she perhaps meant, the cat should be spayed at about 8 months.

OR possibly, she though you want her to have a litter, and thus, she should be dewormed extra before that happens...

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it wasn't 8 weeks?

Be forewarned, the kitten will not always want to eat what you offer.  Does Le Chat come in different flavors?

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
dont think so.

It loves to eat it like I said, but the poop is worrying me.

Here are some pictures.

ALSO, there was some gooey stuff on his eyes, I've cleaned it with a wet tissue but what is it?

(Going to vet on 19th)

Here are the pictures.

You can see some yellow gooey stuff o.o, also the poop is dark dark, but its also in pieces (you can see the very little pieces around the big piece...) What can this mean?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That poop is totally normal.  It doesn't always come out in one piece and the color can vary, like when you go to the bathroom.

Eyes look normal as well.  Persians and white cats usually need their eyes wiped.  You can use a warm, damp cloth. 

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That poop is totally normal.  It doesn't always come out in one piece and the color can vary, like when you go to the bathroom.

Eyes look normal as well.  Persians and white cats usually need their eyes wiped.  You can use a warm, damp cloth. 
Well that's that then! This topic is over! I'd link to thank @talkingpeanut and @StefanZ so so so much for helping me! It was really a huge help, Now I'm looking forward to life with this guy lol :D
He'll be visting the doktor on thursday ^_^.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're welcome! Let us know how it goes!

And you might want to read up about special care for your kitten's breed. Persians definitely need their eyes cleaned, etc. I hope you can give your parents some information too.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I clean his teeth, eyes. :)
Eyes twice a day.

anything else?

I groom him twice a day.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oops! I meant I groom him every three days lol.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should read about the breed and familiarize yourself with issues that might come up. For example, you would know that these kitties can get eye discharge and then you wouldn't worry about it.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur 14. So I cant go and get stuff for him myself or taken him to the vet :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's right, because you are a minor. You are doing a good job using this site to educate yourself as to how to take care of your new kitten [emoji]128522[/emoji]. That is what we are here for.

Let us know how the Thursday vet visit goes.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, going to the vet tomorrow for his vaccines and a checkup!