Taking Care of My Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think he did it at night, so blood would've dried up. and it looked um.. like a coffee ground but larger and blacker..  I'm extremely worried :(

i didnt see any red dried up kinda thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And what about the first incident o_O it was his second day, maybe stress? 

Now all I'm concerned about is the blackish poo, I'll try to keep this topic alive. I'll post a picture next time I get a black poo.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That blackish poop would concern me, as I know black tarry poop is a sign of bleeding in the upper GI tract. I don't want to alarm you, but I do think it would be wise to take a sample of the poop into your vet. The peeing everywhere could be related. If he's having pain in the litterbox, he'll want to avoid going there. It's better to get him checked out sooner rather than later.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To describe it, well I'd say a small lump of coffee ground (not powder) but way darker.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok. I'll try to get him checked out asap.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sounds normal to me with his change in diet. Poo is not always in one piece, and can be a darker brown.

Coffee ground texture would be the normal size of coffee grounds, almost gritty. That's not what you have here.

And again, the first accident was likely because he's very young and needs reminders to use the litter box.

I wouldn't worry about either.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He has not been dewormed. Breeder said kittens don't need deworming until 8 months.. And my dad refused to take him to the vet.. Saying he will sort it out with time. I think my father is retarded.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He has not been dewormed. Breeder said kittens don't need deworming until 8 months.. And my dad refused to take him to the vet.. Saying he will sort it out with time. I think my father is retarded.
Of course, cats who are indoor only and whose mom were indoor only, dont need the same scrupulous deworming as cats allowed to go outside, or whom meets cats allowed to go outside.

So it may be this what the breeder meant.

Still, it is wise to deworm, at least for roundworms.  Use a mild pyrantel poamate - preparate.

And SukaBlyat.  Please be more respectful to your old folks.   "Honor Thee parents, your Father and your Mother",  as its in the Good Book, no?   :)

Im pretty sure the Koran says something similiar.

Last edited:

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well yes but honestly he's just too stubborn and not open to advice :/

yes both his parents have been indoor only, he's never been let out ^_^.

I'll try to get him checked out if my stubborn dad finally agrees that he's sick and will NOT grow out of it -_____-

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Btw he's also sneezing, not alot but maybe once a day.. or twice atleast.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like both of your parents need some information about cats.

Is this a first pet for you all? Can you calmly show them some articles and information?

The breeder you got your kitten from doesn't sound like the best, since she let him leave him mom so early. I would deworm him for sure. That said, nothing about his bathroom habits sounds concerning to me so far.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol, no, it's not our first pet.

We had a persian before, we had to give him away since he was suffering so much (Dad was too lazy to ever groom him, he ended up with kidney problems because Dad says "oh it's nothing he'll grow out of it" and just It makes me sad thinking about him

I made my father promise we would treat this kitten properly

but he's already not ready to read ANY articles (He just sends me away) or information, he believes the information he has from the stone age is better then the latest info from vets and studies -_-

My parents need freaking help.

Stubborn as hell, won't listen to me.

For them, me proving them wrong (Which is to me just guiding them and showing them the right direction) is a great humiliation and they'd rather die then listen to my advice

Excellent.

I feel sad for this cat, after all the promises my dad made -_-.

I'm trying my best.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel sad for the cat too. It sounds like you might be better off not having a pet if they're in charge.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should get him dewormed and talk to the breeder about any ideas they have. A vet visit is a good idea too.

As I have said in other posts, this does not sound like it is necessarily a crisis. The poo doesn't have other signs of being a red flag, and it can darken as it dries.

Get the kitten to a vet, but try not to panic. He needs calm and patience with the litter box because he is very young.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exactly :/ 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you love him, but could consider finding him a new home before something serious happens.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyhow, today's meal is finished.

in the morning I gave him the chicken (this is when he passed the black stool)

in the afternoon: lechat, (The stool turned out to be normal!!!!!!)

evening: Lechat with olive oil in it.

Night: I've fed him 2 chicken hearts and I'll leave the dry food in his DIY Puzzle feeder when im gonna go to sleep, that sound good?

And tomorrow I'll give him exactly the same diet except for lechat in the night instead of heart.

And I need a substitute for the morning meal!!

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In all honesty, nobody is willing to adopt kittens, because of the care you have to take of them.. 

So that's that, nobody wants to adopt him :/