Stray Cat, 7 Kittens, Lots Of Questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes. Honestly i dont think i will survive. Doesn't feel good. Im a nervous reck. I ask myself why i put myself through this

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come here for support, we have been there! That mama cat is so thankful for your help, you don't have to do anything immediately. Just basics right now, food, water and litter box, mama will help you. try not to dwell on the future, just get through today, one day at a time. You would have been stressed out too just leaving her where she was! We'll do all we can to help, and the rescue should be thankful for you too. You WILL survive, you are just dealing with the unknown right now. Sit back, and enjoy those kittens, they grow up fast. You'll be through this before you know iT. I'll pray for you all, that you find strength and help!

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have over 5 weeks to care for them. And they need so much care i cannot give them. Thats why i called the rescue to begin with. Now they are dropped in my lap because someone was irresponsible . Im so worried about the giardia cyst. I have to wash their blankets and worry they will get on our clothing etc.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tried twice to get them to eat watered down kitten food. But only 2 of the 7. Ate any. Mom ended up eating it this time. Maybe its to early. We found them 3 1/2 weeks ago with their eyes still closed. They are walking good and exploring.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's stressful now, but if you are like me you will look back on this rescue with pride and satisfaction at playing your part in saving them.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well im not sure about that. Im feeling guilty. That i brought in cats that could have something my cats get. :( i did the right thing and someone else didnt. I will never forgive myself.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had many stray and feral cats and kittens in bathroom and bedroom, and my cats did not catch anything. So hopefully it will be OK. No point in beating yourself up over something that might not even happen.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Ive been lucky so far. But these kittens, at least some have yellow poop. We even found white. So confused about the giardia cyst. Where it can be spread and how hard it is to kill.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as the cats are kept separated and you wash your hands after handling the kittens, all will be well. Is it possible to ask the rescue folks to provide veterinary care for these kittens? Even if you could have a conversation with a vet on the phone and text or email pictures? The kittens might need an antibiotic or some other medicine.

I've taken in cats with various illnesses and parasitic infections and have never had any issues with it spreading. I hope you can let go of some of the stress, it's not good for you or the kitties. Sending positivity and prayers your way.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mom cat is going crazy in the room and its not even a week yet. What can i give her?

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I need something i can leave in the room

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a big box, carrier or crate in the bathroom with her? She needs something like that covered with a sheet so she feels safe.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is in a bedroom now. But no i will see if I can find a box

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mom cat has tape worms. Im getting drontal. But dont think she will be happy about us picking her up. I picked her up to weigh her and she got scared. Any tips?