TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
title- is anybody listening

artist- various

album- the plague
gener- rap

this is the part of the song that always makes me cry,

"ive been trying to do this music thing since '85 or '86 nowady's its all about the paperchase but when i first started it was just for this, it aint easy trying to be a bigger help, when everyday i live a day closer to death loving every breath no time to spare, but i aint looking for sympathy god streight blessed the hell out of me, my mommas alive, got a baby on the way and got a job i love, i hate to say your parents, had it harder than you do, so what you crying about? all the little things you going thru aint nothing to be talking 'bout dying about, but thats what life is you're here to learn so take your lumps and whille you driving on the freeway and hit them speedbumps, slow your roll, take that bump easy then mash the gas, its playboy 7, and im out, im done, ill seeya. we aint nver met and probably never will but homie trust me i feel ya, so yea im listening, and naw homie you aint alone but i cant solve your problems thats up to you thats part of living life and a part of being grown"

this another one that ALWAYS makes me cry

title- zyzx rd.

artist- stone sour

album- whatever (may) come

gener- rock

(singing) i dont know how else to put this, its taking me so long to do this
im fallign asleep but i cant see streight, my muscles feel like a mele, body curled in a u shape, i put on my best but im still afraid, propped up by lies and promises saving my lies as life forgets, mabie its timew i saw the worst
im only here for a while but patience is not my style, im so tired i gotta go,
what am i supposed to hide now? what am i supposed to do? did you rwealy think i wouldent see this thru, tell me if i should stick arounfd for you, tell me i could have it all, im still too tired to care and i gotta go, i get to go home in one week, but im leaving home in three weeks, they throw me a bone just to pick me dry, im following suite and directions, o crawl up inside for protection,
im told what to do and i dont know why, im over existing in limbo, om over the myths and placebos,i dont realy mind if i just fade away, fade away, im
ready tio live with my family,im ready to die in obscurity, im so tired that i gotta go,

if you want either of those songs just ask me and i will give them to you

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted the song you are loved (don't give up), but didn't get a chance to post the lyrics.

Don't give up (you are loved) by Josh Groban
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When you're heart's heavy
I...I will lift it for you

Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I...I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you lost inside
I...I will be there to find you

Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I...I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

You are loved
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Every one is to be heard
You are loved

I never get tired of listening to this song. Sometimes it gives me hope. Sometimes it just makes me cry each time.
It was amazing to be able to hear it live at his concert last week in San Antonio.
The music video on his website makes you want to cry even more.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Candlemaven

"Going Home" by Mary Fahl. It was used as the theme to the Civil War movie "Gods & Generals" and in that context, it really gets me right in the throat like I could bust out crying at any moment. And her haunting voice doesn't help matters either!!

They say there's a place
where dreams have all gone
They never said where
but I think I know
It's miles through the night
just over the dawn
on the road that will take me home

I know in my bones
I've been here before
The ground feels the same
though the land's been torn
I've a long way to go
The stars tell me so
on this road that will take me home

Love waits for me 'round the bend
Leads me endlessly on
Surely sorrows shall find their end
and all our troubles will be gone
And I'll know what I've lost
and all that I've won
when the road finally takes me home

And when I pass by
don't lead me astray
Don't try to stop me
Don't stand in my way
I'm bound for the hills
where cool waters flow
on this road that will take me home

Love waits for me 'round the bend
Leads me endlessly on
Surely sorrows shall find their end
and all our troubles will be gone
And we'll know what we've lost
and all that we've won
when the road finally takes me home

I'm going home
I'm going home
I'm going home
Candlemaven..........oooooohhhhh I love Mary Fahl's The Other Side Of Time!!! In the Great Unknown, Redemption, & Annie, Roll Down Your Window are great songs!!! I remember the first time I was introduced to her music, I was a little put off by her voice.....now I love her voice. Are you familiar with her work when she was with October Project? That's when I was first introduced to her work....back in 1995.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I just remembered... A few weeks ago, I heard on the radio that some psychologists somewhere did a study to find out what was the saddest song ever.
They had people hooked up to electrodes to measure their emotional reactions while listening to songs.

So apparently, "The Drugs Don't Work" by The Verve is the saddest song there is.

I'm not denying that it's a sad song... but the whole thing kinda takes all the fun out of music, doesn't it?

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I just remembered... A few weeks ago, I heard on the radio that some psychologists somewhere did a study to find out what was the saddest song ever.
They had people hooked up to electrodes to measure their emotional reactions while listening to songs.

So apparently, "The Drugs Don't Work" by The Verve is the saddest song there is.

I'm not denying that it's a sad song... but the whole thing kinda takes all the fun out of music, doesn't it?
Man, The Drugs Don't Work is about the death of Richard Ashcroft's father and is truely a heartbreaking record

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't made it through this thread yet but there is 'Hole is the floor of heaven' that makes me cry and a few more too.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead.

Not sure why, but the song really represents the pain of not measuring up and the sound of the song is just heartwrenching. I think it reminds me of an adolescence ful of not measuring up (or at least feeling that way, all the time) and something I still identify with to a certain degree.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the queen of dead threads!

Anyway I have a new song I love to cry to--Buckingham Nicks's Frozen Love.
I'm listening to it now and I feel so flipping emotional.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Landslide by Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac...again, my kids...and how 'afraid' (for lack of a better word) I am to be without them.
That's another one of mine even though I don't have kids. The live version where Stevie dedicates it to Lindsey gets me all choked up too..