Some "First Date" vibes, please?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

As usual, leave it to the thread hussies......
Okay, who else here would also classify E as a T.H.?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHAT?????? I did not say that!! Now, don't go taking it out of context. I said Thread Hussy - there is a big difference!! and precisely why I choose my words very carefully 'round here.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

WHAT?????? I did not say that!! Now, don't go taking it out of context. I said Thread Hussy - there is a big difference!! and precisely why I choose my words very carefully 'round here.
E, I think you're in biiiiig trouble, hon, lol!!!!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, and I hope she comes back before we all wind up imagining that she eloped with him and is having his baby somewhere on a deserted island!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Lol, and I hope she comes back before we all wind up imagining that she eloped with him and is having his baby somewhere on a deserted island!
In a small hut and a lake, with lots of palm trees and yummy fruit and smoothies

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! I'm so torn, I don't know what to think: Was it such a good date that they are still together? Or was it so uneventful and horrible that she hasn't even thought about posting about it...

I'm so confused and anxious to know!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lacey, I can honestly tell you that if she hasn't posted it's because she's so exhausted from the marriage, baby, and move to a tropical island that she's accomplished in less than a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Michele's going to laugh so hard when she logs on here
Oh my word, how right you are. This is hysterical...thanks for the laughs. They are needed, especially after last night. And sorry for making you all wait - I was at the office, and just now came home and read this thread...

Well, the short version is....no second date...and it's his loss.

Upon thinking about things, here are some helpful hints to those men who might be interested in internet dating...

Strike 1: Don't greet a lady in your bare feet....we are not interested in seeing your fuzzy toes immediately upon introductions.

Strike 2: Please don't be cleaning your carpet when a lady arrives. This is not attractive, no matter how necessary it might be.

Strike 3: Don't tell the lady how you will be getting rid of the cat if he pees in the wrong place again...and then ask her for advice on how to get the cat to pee in the right place.

Strike 4: Don't lie about your height. Lie about your weight, your income, your status, but not your height. We ladies will dress accordingly, and if you're 5'11, three inch heels are acceptable if I'm 5'6". But when I tower over you, with no other choice of heels to change into, I will realize you're lying. And that is decidedly NOT the way to start a relationship....

Strike 5: Taking your drink with you in the car on the way to dinner is not only unattractive, but illegal.

Strike 6: Please have your car in working order...or let me drive mine.

Strike 7: El Torito is a wonderful restaurant, but it's not "fancy." At least, it's not fancy to me.

Strike 8: Silence is perfectly fine, especially if you have your mouth full of shrimp fajitas.

Strike 9: Remember what you've already said, so that you're not repeating yourself....and if you do repeat yourself, please repeat the story the same way as the first time, or we'll notice the differences and conclude something is wrong with this picture. (Please see Strike 4.)

Strike 10: Do NOT ask for a backrub. This is not foreplay, this is not a good first date technique, and it's decidedly odd.

Strike 11: Do not put your hands in places that are not on your own body, at least without kisses and lots of very very clear signals that it would be welcome...

Strike 12: Do not NOT call when your date leaves and has a 30 mile drive home...make sure she made it home safely, even if you don't ever want to see her again.

The good news is that he took "no" for an answer, and that he really does have beautiful eyes.

On the other hand, I have an invitation to go down to the marina and have a barbeque on the island tomorrow. Jeans, teeshirt, and relaxing environment, with a guy from the same site. I told him I know how to swim, and he promised me I would not need to do so...LOL!

I figure if I keep having first dates, someday, I will find the right frog to kiss so I can walk on the Hawaii'an beach, planning my children's names....

Best to you all, and thanks for all the vibes and love and support...I'm fine, he'll be fine for someone else, and until I find the love of my life, I'll keep looking. And thanks to the friends here, I'll be able to laugh at those first dates that leave me with frog slime on my lips....

Best-
Michele

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! I don't know whether to burst out laughing or cry with you Michele! Back rub??? Drink in the car - like your car???? heavens....he's lucky you didn't step on him by accident....and here we all were, wondering when your due date was gonna be on what tropical isle.
Well, maybe with this next guy. Isn't it maddening though, when you were porbably very honest and they just twist it a leeeetle teeeeeny bit?
actually, this thread could be very fun to read. I'm looking forward to bachelor #2.
And I had such high hopes...we've all given birth to triplets for you by now, too.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WoW, is all I can say. Boy you know how to pick 'em girl,,lol. Sorry, I'm just teasing,,, all of it is worth once you meet the "right" one!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was laughing when I got to the drink in the car and the back rub part, too.
And he didn't ask you to massage his feet?

Bye, Bye, El Torito Guy !