Some "First Date" vibes, please?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww i like the sound of him!!!!

The thing is, being friends to me is the beginning of a relationship!, then seeing how it goes from there.

Awww i hope you see him again!.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a fun thread! I haven't laughed that much in quite a while.

I too am single and getting back into the dating scene.

I just loved your stories Michele!!!!!! Especially the "do not's list" and the experience in the row boat!!

I just wish I could see pics of your dates.

And Mark. . . . the single guy on the East Coast. . . . where do you live??? I'm on the East Coast!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some answers...

Please, dear Lord, girl tell me you are a published author!!! If not, you should be - you have an incredible gift for storytelling. . .
Thanks, RicaLynn! I have published several articles on skydiving, but nothing else...yet. I'm in the process of writing a book about clinical depression, though... and I'm thinking of turning the 12 Strikes post into an article and submitting it to a dating site (or some mag)...who knows where this whole dating adventure will lead? LOL, I may just manage to get a small book about dating, too. LOLOL!!!

So, from what you said in your story it sounds like you two hadn't even seen a photo of one another before you met. Is that correct?
No, we saw each other's photo(s) prior to meeting each other. And profile stuff, too. The difficulty is in expectations - I am not skinny, and disclosed that, but I am also not fat; and because I'm a very physically active person (skydiving, black belt, et cetera), people read that, think I'm something other than what I am, and then create an expectation that I don't live up to. On the other hand, he was also shorter than I like (I tend to like really tall, burly men)...

It's a matter of seeing what's real and true, not perfection or "10"'s. I am not a 10 - but I am a 12 on some levels, an 8 on others...like everyone else. It's about being able to put expecations aside, and enjoying the reality of things, in my opinion.

Rosie, you're totally right...it's about friends first. LOL, I'd've thrown him overboard if he had professed undying love for me, so I'm looking for friendship first too. But I also have very clear goals where I want to end up (not necessarily with him, but with someone), and I don't know if he is on the same wavelength.

Anyway, he called on Saturday, like I said, and then also yesterday, too...I missed yesterday's call, but it was cool to see his number show up. He didn't leave a message, though.

We'll see where this all goes...and in the meantime, I'm still dealing with all the others, and sifting through some very "interesting" emails. LOLOL!!!

BTW, if anyone wants to see my profile/photos, they can run a search on date.com, and look up NoniMichele...that's me, all the way.

Best-
Michele

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw michelle that sounded like a lovely date!! so glad you had loads of fun!! thats so cute with the seal

i would definetely keep him as a friend

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!

That's sweet though.. the barking and all .. Awww
Either way he'd be an interesting and NICE guy to know.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like such a romantic date! ESPECIALLY the part with the seal!! That melted my heart!

You write so beautifully! I would most definitely buy any book you wrote!
Please keep us updated on any new dates!!! I love reading your posts!!!